• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was your first album?

dbakerman76

God's Nephew
What was your first album? It doesn't have to be one that you bought for yourself, it can be one that a parent or someone bought you. It just has to be the first album that was yours and yours alone.

The first one I got (like most kids who came of age in the 80's) was Michael Jackson's Thriller (on vinyl). I played that album everyday when I got home from school. Of course, I liked side two better so I always played that one first. "Beat It" always seemed like it should have been the starter and "Thriller" the closer. But that's just my opinion.

So what was your first?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The Beatles (White Album). Bought while on vacation with my saved up allowance. It was August 1969. I remember being totally knocked out listening to it for the first time. (Heck, I still listen to parts of it almost 40 years later *shiver*)

The first "45" I ever bought was Simon and Garfunkel's "The Boxer/Baby Driver". (Curiously it is still a personal favorite.) Yep, the Summer of '69 was a pretty neat time to be 13.

: hamster : :pen: : hamster :

Bishka

Veteran Member
You all are going to laugh.

:cover:

Backstreet Boys

I don't even know the album name, I don't even own it anymore.

dbakerman76

God's Nephew
YmirGF said:
The Beatles (White Album). Bought while on vacation with my saved up allowance. It was August 1969. I remember being totally knocked out listening to it for the first time. (Heck, I still listen to parts of it almost 40 years later *shiver*)

The first "45" I ever bought was Simon and Garfunkel's "The Boxer/Baby Driver". (Curiously it is still a personal favorite.) Yep, the Summer of '69 was a pretty neat time to be 13.

: hamster : :pen: : hamster :

I got the White Album for my 13th birthday. It was a little later than 1969 though. I still listen to all of it (except Revolution #9).

The first "45" I bought was Dire Straits "Walk Of Life.

dbakerman76

God's Nephew
beckysoup61 said:
You all are going to laugh.

:cover:

Backstreet Boys

I don't even know the album name, I don't even own it anymore.

Actually, nothing to be ashamed about. They did some great pop songs. I hate to admit it but I enjoyed the album they put out a year or two back. Hopefully, this won't be used against me should I ever decide to run for office.

dbakerman76

God's Nephew
doppelgänger said:
On 8-Track, no less!

I'm envious. I put my 8 track player out on the curb ten years ago along with a stack of 8 tracks. No sooner did I put it out than someone came up to my door and asked if they could take it and restore it. I let them have it for nothing. My loss.

dbakerman76

God's Nephew
Ulver said:
Metallica- Live with the San Fransisco Symphony (known as Metallica- S&M)
\

Their only album that I don't own. I've never really bought many live albums even if I love the bands.

cardero

Citizen Mod
It was a Hanna Barbera children's record that had a Yogi Bear story recording on one side a Secret Squirrel story on the other complete with HB sound effects and the voice talents of the original actors.

First rock albums didn't come along till I was 10 or 11 and includes Aerosmith: Rocks (highly recommeded). Frank Zappa: Joes Garage Act 1 (which certainly explains a lot) and a rarely known gem untitled UTOPIA: Ra which featured an "electrified fairy tale". If you have never heard of an "electrified fairy tale" just picture little fairies with wee tiny electrical guitars.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
dbakerman76 said:
So what was your first?
The Beatles White Album. I didn't know what it was (it was all white), wasn't interested in music, but was in a record store with a friend and there it was ...all white, and all. I had to buy it to find out what it was.

Ulver

Willamena said:
The Beatles White Album. I didn't know what it was (it was all white), wasn't interested in music, but was in a record store with a friend and there it was ...all white, and all. I had to buy it to find out what it was.

Hard to pick a better place to start off with..... I mean Really! That's a stroke of luck.