• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was your first album?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
My first album was Black Oak Arkansas -- I still have it -- In fact, I have all my old vinyl -- they take up 5 packing boxes.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
My first record was Michael Jackson's "Thriller" as well. I think I was five years old.

My first cassette tape was Def Leppard's "Hysteria". (hee hee)

And my first CD was Pearl Jam's "Vitalogy". (Can't find a better man!)

Booko

Deviled Hen
dbakerman76 said:
I have Joe's Garage on cassette somewhere around here. I got in trouble back in my college radio days for playing "Why Does it Hurt When I Pee?" on my Valentine's Day special.

I can't remember now if my first Zappa was "Just Another Band from L.A." or "Weasels Ripped My Flesh." :confused:

Funny you should mention him just now -- I just introduced my kids to the wonders of Zappa not two weeks ago with "Don't Eat the Yellow Snow," "I'm the Slime" and that theme for the American Dental Association: "Montana."

My first album...ever? Geez, that's ancient history. Jan & Dean's "Popsicle" I think. Got that one as a present.

First I bought, either "Meet the Beatles" or "Hard Day's Night."

lunamoth

Will to love
One of the Beatles' albums was my first--the one with the green apples on it. We've been using CDs for so long now I forget the name of that one.

In college and the early 80's I had a great collection of 45's. Yes, I know that by the 80's 45s were already old-fashioned, which was exactly why I thought they were great. I would take them to parties and they were a big hit. But, I took them on a trip with me and somehow lost all of them. I was heartbroken. Don't ask.

luna

dbakerman76

God's Nephew
lunamoth said:
One of the Beatles' albums was my first--the one with the green apples on it. We've been using CDs for so long now I forget the name of that one.

In college and the early 80's I had a great collection of 45's. Yes, I know that by the 80's 45s were already old-fashioned, which was exactly why I thought they were great. I would take them to parties and they were a big hit. But, I took them on a trip with me and somehow lost all of them. I was heartbroken. Don't ask.

luna

I miss 45's. I always liked to play the flipsides first. You'd find the oddest songs would be relegated to b-sides. Sometimes I ended liking the flipsides better than the hit.