• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What were you for Halloween (PICS)?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ack! A pumpkin with a smaller pumpkin! *falls over from the cuteness* If an adult dressed as a pumpkin were holding her, the cuteness would be unbearable!

uu_sage

Dressed up as.....just say the magic "B" word and I'm out. That's right I went out as Beetlejuice. (Pics to come later)

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
spacemonkey said:
First of all, I'm 28 so the only way I'm going to see an AARP digest is if you send me one. Secondly, there is a major differance between what adult "play" is and childs play, I'm all for recreational activities, but lets leave playing dress up for the kids.

I'm curious what you think adult play is. Is any imagination allowed?

There is nothing about dressing up that means that one isn't "facing reality" or is incapable of acting stereotypically "adult" when it matters (such as on the job).

Sweden has far too many people with overly-narrow ideas what what it means to be an adult, and the consequence is they lead dull, unimaginative, boring, conformist lives.

eudaimonia,

Mark

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
spacemonkey said:
All of you people you said that Halloween is for adults to dress up a pretend they're something else, I want you to think about that for a second...

Playing dress up and make believe is what CHILDREN do.

It's also what adults do. Imagination and roleplay know no age categories. Think outside the box.

Adults sometimes get stuck in the trap of thinking they must be different from children in every way to prove to others (or themselves) that they are "adult" and "facing reality". But this is a false premise, and many adults grow out of these insecurities.

Secure adults don't mind having fun even if it seems like something a child might enjoy doing, and they don't care about what others think about that. At 39 years of age, I'm secure enough in my adulthood that I have fun in the ways that actually are fun, not on some cultural "approved list of adult fun".

eudaimonia,

Mark

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
spacemonkey said:
Oh boy, another one of those "inner child" people.:rolleyes: That's just an excuse to not grow up and face reality.
Gee, thanks for your supreme insight.Don't do yourself an injury while you're patting yourself on the back about what a big grown up boy you are.:rolleyes:
What happened, bad trick or treating experience sour you forever?

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
FeathersinHair said:
Ack! A pumpkin with a smaller pumpkin! *falls over from the cuteness* If an adult dressed as a pumpkin were holding her, the cuteness would be unbearable!

lol I agree, thanks. She was so excited to be going out trick-or-treating, it was hard not to be excited right along with her.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I was "Go-Go Yubari" from the movie Kill Bill. I went to work dressed like that last night, and I also hosted a costume party with my husband this past Saturday for our friends.

Some of the costumes that were big hits at our party were mine (yay!), Gene Simmons from KISS, and a couple that showed up with gorgeous Flamenco costumes. My husband also dressed up as a pimp with a large feather boa, gold tooth, and bling everywhere.

These are likely not to be costumes that would be put on kids, but it was so great to see the kind of creativity on the makeup and the work that went into many of them.

I didn't get any pictures of me, personally, but I got pictures of the kids. Maybe I can get Steve and I to dress up one more time for pics for nostalgia's sake and I can then post them here.

Peace,
Mystic

d.

_______
eudaimonia said:
Sweden has far too many people with overly-narrow ideas what what it means to be an adult, and the consequence is they lead dull, unimaginative, boring, conformist lives.

that's funny, my impression is exactly the opposite.

Circle_One

Me on Halloween dressed as Sheena, a Living Dead Doll (the doll I'm holding)
100_1725.jpg

Circle_One

Hehe, thank you! My friend made it like an hour before we went out, out of red spandex that she bought at some fabric store. It was intended as just a quick thing for my costume, but I absolutely love it and will be wearing it a lot more often.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Playing dress up and make believe is what CHILDREN do.
I don't want to debate, but please rethink that phrase. Thier are thousands of actors that dress up and pretend to be something else. They "play" thier part, whatever the role is. And it can be alot of fun too. Alot of adults also enjoy pen and pencil rpgs, which do not require dressing up, but an imagination and playing a role is.

I didn't get any pictures, wish I did though. Me and one of my room mates dressed up as Jay and Silent Bob. It was alot a fun being in character as Bob.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
*waves* Sorry, guys! I don't think I made this very clear. :( Just as I've asked no one to debate such things as whether it's childish to wear a costume, I should have also asked others to not reply, as the other person cannot, now, reply with a rebuttal.

If I'd had a costume, I would like to 'cosplay' as either Belldandy, the character in my avatar, or as Yuna, a character from the game "Final Fantasy X".
yuna.jpg

I just love her costume so much!

Circle_One

Sorry Feathers, it was partially my fault and as a mod, I should know better, I just got a little worked up :sorry1: I'll go and edit my previous post.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Circle_One said:
Me on Halloween dressed as Sheena, a Living Dead Doll (the doll I'm holding)

YOU'RE NOT SUPPPOSED TO TAKE THE DOLLS OUT OF THEIR COFFINS!!:eek:
Their deaths will depreciate. ;)

Circle_One

cardero said:
YOU'RE NOT SUPPPOSED TO TAKE THE DOLLS OUT OF THEIR COFFINS!!:eek:
Their deaths will depreciate. ;)

Hahahaha! Yeah, I get a lot of flack from people for taking my LDDs out of their coffins, but they're just so precious, I HAVE to show them off!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Circle_One said:
Sorry Feathers, it was partially my fault and as a mod, I should know better, I just got a little worked up :sorry1: I'll go and edit my previous post.

No worries! :hug: I would've missed my post. I would've also gotten into replying to that post, too! Please don't be concerned!

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
It's a shame that what should have been a fun thread degenerated into such snark.

Sadly, Halloween isn't really "done" here. :( Consequently, I spent Halloween night in bed asleep (sorry, no pictures :p ). I was discussing the whole dressing-up/trick-or-treating thing with my workmates that day, and the general consensus was that we wished Halloween was a bigger deal here so we could all do it.