• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will Christians and Muslims have to say

Dezzie

When and if a gay gene is identified by geneticists. Will you abandon your stance that it is a choice, evil, abomination, unnatural?

I personally have no problems with homosexuality... Religion can a part of a persons reasons for being against it but I also believe that it has to do with someones personal feelings about it. I would not be with a woman personally but I am excepting of others. It is their life, they should be able to live it any way they want. Just because a person finds it immoral and "gross" in their books shouldn't matter. Just because of a persons religious beliefs also shouldn't matter. We all have the right to believe what we want and we all the have the right to live the way we want. We shouldn't be thinking Christians or Muslims rule the world. That's what I get out of it. It seems to me that Christianity is running the way we live... It is not somebodies heart and soul creating love and acceptance. We need to stop pushing whether something is right or wrong in our books and give other people a chance to love. Who cares if you think it is an abomination or "evil"... leave those people alone. You do not run their life. If they want to do it, let them. You are not their mothers and fathers and you most certainly are not the God you speak of.

I also don't think it matters if there is a gay gene or not. I know many people that are gay because they were raped or hurt in that numerous times by the opposite sex. Even if it was a "gene" or even if it wasn't, that shouldn't make us change our ways. It should be our caring and loving hearts.

neves

some humans can think what ever they want, but it does not fit reality...

DREW0418.gif

Dezzie

Unfortunately the world is not the way it should be. People are so controlling of one anothers beliefs. It drives me bonkers.

oK..ok.. I obviously need to pose this question differently...What excuse will Christians, Muslims, and other anti-gay religions use, to continue their systematic persecution of gays...once the gay gene is found...?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
oK..ok.. I obviously need to pose this question differently...What excuse will Christians, Muslims, and other anti-gay religions use, to continue their systematic persecution of gays...once the gay gene is found...?

Since when have they needed an excuse

Dezzie

They shouldn't have one. It doesn't change the fact that they should still be open and loving anyways no matter a persons decisions. If the gay gene is in fact found, they wouldn't have an excuse to be against it. Why would God create man that way and then send them to Hell afterwards. It makes no sense.

DarkMaster24

iloveislam, you do realize that banning gay marriage and/or being prejudice to homosexuals also discourages marriage, right?