• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Fish (salmon for Karen and marlin for me), chips (just frozen ones cause I'm too worn out from shovelling dirt to make real ones) and maybe salad (if I can be bothered to cut it up).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Lunch.
A neighbour dropped off a couple of pumpkins from her garden so a big pan of spiced pumpkin soup is on the go.

Dinner
Beef casserole made with onion and various root vegetables is cooking in the oven .
Don't really know what's for dessert yet, possibly chocolate pudding.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
90% of the population lives in 7 or 8 small areas. Ebay works just fine but Amazon is a massive rip off, I don't know what the problem is and I don't know why anyone would pay the often outrageous prices on there. Sometimes there's a good bargain but rarely.
That is a pity. It tends to be competitive here. I usually pay the same price for goods as they are at the stores and even less for quite a few of them.

Jedster

@SalixIncendium

Two poached eggs + some baked beans + thin chips + one slice of slightly heated white bread, thinly buttered, all with some real ketchup

1728071986734.png

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm going to make ginger beef and noodle stir fry. The recipe description is... Tender beef strips, vibrant veg and delicate egg noodles are coated in a glossy sauce bursting unami and sweet chilli flavours. I wonder if whoever wrote that has cooked or eaten it!

I had to google unami, it's the soy sauce I think.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Salmon en croûte, sarladaise potatoes and carrots roasted in honey.
Cherry scones with grape jam and whipped cream

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Hot dogs in late afternoon, so no official dinner tonight. I did eat an orange around "supper time" and I anticipate a bowl of ice cream in my near future.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Hot dogs in late afternoon, so no official dinner tonight. I did eat an orange around "supper time" and I anticipate a bowl of ice cream in my near future.
There's no such thing as "a bowl of ice cream!" Flavour -- what flavour? The all-important question.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Sauteed red onion, garlic, sliced mushrooms, lots of pepper, and fresh spinach in olive oil and butter, added cooked pasta, and mixed in a couple of raw eggs and a little pasta water to make a sauce, finished with shredded parmesan cheese.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Can't wait to get home today...

Traditional Flemish dish tonight.
"Stoofvlees met frieten". Beef stew with fries.

1728476288636.png

If you ever find yourself in Belgium and you do NOT eat this at least once, I dare say you haven't "tasted" Belgium. :p
You'll have a hard time finding a Belgian cuisine restaurant that doesn't have this on the menu!

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Last night was turkey, tomato, and mustard on toasted rye with a cup of butternut squash soup.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I'm eating Fettuccine Alfredo and fresh peas.

My precious grandson is eating some shredded chicken, fresh peas, and a boiled egg.