• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I want to make a white chilli but all the recipes call for canned green chillies which are impossible to get here.
Amazon? When I see canned green chilies this is what I normally see:

1727947565764.png

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I made pickled daikon radish and carrots for banh mi and pickled red onion for carnitas tacos. I had a 7+ pound pork roast, so I cut it up and made pork borscht (which I had tonight) and carnitas (Mexican pulled pork) and stocked up my fridge and freezer. I'll have carnitas banh mi tomorrow.
I loved your beef borscht recipe. When I saw that it used beet greens I had to try it. My beet hating housemate won't try those either. So the first time I bought those after not eating them for at least twenty years were all eaten by me in one night. I figure eating too much fresh produce is not bad. They did scare me when I had to pee later that evening. I thought "No one hit me in the kidneys". About three servings of those will be visible.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's Thursday so...

Sausage, chips (fries), egg, beans, tomato
Left over apple crumble with creme anglaise

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I loved your beef borscht recipe. When I saw that it used beet greens I had to try it. My beet hating housemate won't try those either. So the first time I bought those after not eating them for at least twenty years were all eaten by me in one night. I figure eating too much fresh produce is not bad. They did scare me when I had to pee later that evening. I thought "No one hit me in the kidneys". About three servings of those will be visible.
Tatyana has some really good recipes on her site. Her ratatouille recipe is really good.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I do not know what kind the canned stuff is. Definitely not jalapenos. There is absolutely no heat to them. For some jalapenos are "too hot". Me, I have the ramen that was banned in Denmark.
If I wind up with any of those, they go in brownies.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Here you go $1,003 for 12 cans of Ortega diced green chiles. Bargain. Edit: not sure why the link says server busy, let me know if it doesn't work and I'll screen shot it.

It works but for me it says:

"Currently unavailable."

Oh, I see why. Even though that is the Australian site it can tell that I am in the US so it says:

Deliver toUnited States

https://www.amazon.com.au/Ortega-Di...727984402&sprefix=canned+chil,aps,238&sr=8-12
I guess that I cannot order it from Australia for any price. Here, let me do you a solid. You can get that 12 pack of 32 ounce cans (I only see 4 ounce cans in the grocery stores) for only $128 US.:

That is one loooonnnnngggg URL!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It works but for me it says:

"Currently unavailable."

Oh, I see why. Even though that is the Australian site it can tell that I am in the US so it says:
Deliver toUnited States
https://www.amazon.com.au/Ortega-Diced-Green-Chiles-cans/dp/B00CF5ACBA/ref=sr_1_12?crid=2A1CNWCZP20IR&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.wzQH958uvdWLpz8JcvUjZUfZfKgq0FXRXkU2pXHcXMwykPxBfB173rSE32smc6PCRBgAqq8n7c_lDWYyldLu-lGezu50jbAh-mAXAMQQxhPl0ifqt5JtkxqxEDl5Q62FcPdWVC71L6JloMbTFyGvDxAChcbWfc3OmwXTLH1UCEB34f465P0bRCJUGhnIqvBO9lGv7nNeIBarYxA6FmVR_VYJlPQmXiCeB0rTXzkjHKJIy_d0-OSXCN5h_5s4UFUbKGfT-99qIk6cMlxgz8g_UMaMePTvVA3bQu5wYEkgSmw.6ReSxdlVpOMoqwLi5OZkIPzSPjP4xCTAumzA147S6WE&dib_tag=se&keywords=canned+green+chillies&qid=1727984402&sprefix=canned+chil,aps,238&sr=8-12
I guess that I cannot order it from Australia for any price. Here, let me do you a solid. You can get that 12 pack of 32 ounce cans (I only see 4 ounce cans in the grocery stores) for only $128 US.:

That is one loooonnnnngggg URL!

It would be about $690 USD for 12 cans. $57.50 per can.

But postage is free :rolleyes:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
France used to be bad, often costing many times more for delivery than for the item. It was always much cheaper to buy from the UK Amazon.

Since Brexit things have changed Amazon France is not too bad now but the UK won't deliver many things to France and when they do, customs duty is a killer.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Amazon in Australia sucks, I will only use them as a last resort.
Amazon is very much a US country right now. Australia may be a bit rough since it is almost as big as the US with less than a tenth of the population. Amazon will work in Europe, but much of the Australian population is not concentrated enough.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Amazon is very much a US country right now. Australia may be a bit rough since it is almost as big as the US with less than a tenth of the population. Amazon will work in Europe, but much of the Australian population is not concentrated enough.

90% of the population lives in 7 or 8 small areas. Ebay works just fine but Amazon is a massive rip off, I don't know what the problem is and I don't know why anyone would pay the often outrageous prices on there. Sometimes there's a good bargain but rarely.