• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your sign? ;)

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Leo, and Ox.
Actually, all of my zodiacs hit towards that same style.
"Prideful, powerful, and emotional".

Funny that I can't relate at all with anything they say.
But they didn't really make the zodiacs in expectation of 'my kind'.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Way back when I forced (yes, forced) myself to study astrology I did a whole chart, along with interpretation.

• Ascending Sign: describes how most people understand you based on first impression
    • Capricorn. I really don't know f this is accurate, because it's not like I go around asking people how they see me.
  • Descending Sign: relates to what you want to attract and interact with in people, especially romantic partners
    • Cancer. Warm, sentimental males with hearts on their sleeves? Yes, please. You're by far the most adorable.
  • Sun Sign: describes essential nature or core personality
    • Sagittarius. Pretty much accurate. Stupidly accurate if one takes into account it's on the cusp of Scorpio.
  • Moon Sign: relates to emotional character
    • Leo. Not even remotely accurate, at least by the more common interpretations I came across. I'm an introvert... I not only hate being the center of attention, I actively avoid being the center of attention!
  • Mercury Sign: relates to communication and thinking style
    • Sagittarius. Pretty much accurate. Stupidly so. I have the head of an academic intellectual and it honestly gets annoying sometimes.
  • Venus Sign: relates to relationships and sociality
    • Libra. Considering the central core of my personal code of honor (which governs how I treat others) is peace or harmony, yeah, I'd say this is accurate.
  • Mars Sign: relates to deep passions and drives
    • Libra. Pretty much accurate. Probably comes across to most people as being contrarian, but it's more that I'm obsessed with looking at all the angles of things.
The outer planets I really don't care about. Those represent generational trends anyway, and aren't really personal. Nor do I understand enough about interpreting stuff like north and south nodes, much less all of the aspects (e.g., conjunctions, squares, etc.), to bother with that. Natal astrology is interesting, but astrology on the whole isn't my cup of divination.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Aries Dragon. Yep, it's like that.

Been a while since I've done my whole chart and don't remember any of it. My astrology books are long gone too. :(

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Depending on if one follows Sidereal or Tropical, I'm either Capricorn or Aquarius (although I'm inclined towards Aquarius, myself).

My Chinese sign is either the Horse or the Ram.

I was going to bring up the tropical v. sidereal difference too. Jyotisha is actually more accurate. That said, my western birth sign is Cancer, July 15. I can never remember which way it goes, but I think I'm technically Gemini. That would explain my bipolar. :cool:

Timothy Bryce

Lol, I've always had an unfair soft spot for the zodiac stuff. In fact, star signs enabled me to experience the first time that I felt like I could relate to any person of any form of faith and understand the thought processes behind it.

I guess the concession that I always seem to make (serving the credibility of star signs) is that it appeals to seasonal changes and the effect that a person's birth date would have on their personality.

I definitely don't consider the climate and seasons to be inherently good or bad, but they certainly have an effect on my mood and outlook and, on this basis, I think it's a form of spirituality that deserves at least a tiny bit of respect.

This then begs the question of whether how significant geography is as the real determinant.

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
Mayan = Death, 6, Crocodile .. Tree of life = Knife
Light- Death- Road
Jaguar

Western = Aquarius ..

Rising Sign is in 11 Degrees Scorpio

Sun is in 03 Degrees Aquarius.

Moon is in 22 Degrees Aquarius.

Mercury is in 03 Degrees Aquarius.

Venus is in 16 Degrees Sagittarius.

Mars is in 28 Degrees Capricorn.

Jupiter is in 23 Degrees Scorpio.

Saturn is in 05 Degrees Leo.

Uranus is in 18 Degrees Gemini.

Neptune is in 10 Degrees Libra.

Pluto is in 12 Degrees Leo.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Rising sign is Gemini
Sun sign is Cancer
Moon sign is Aries

Pretty accurate for me.

Easy way to get a few of them
astrology.about.com/library/bl_freeAstrochart.htm

Will edit to add the Mayan one
Thanks for the link. I remember that one.

Here's my chart from that site:

2457312985904.gif

Hi there, here is the interpretation of the astrological chart that you asked for. Thank you for visiting our web site. This report has been created especially for you. It represents your Unique picture at the time you were born and at the place you were born. If you are unsure of the exact time of day of your birth (or the date or the place), the reading will probably not seem as accurate as it could be in certain places, but other parts will seem to be very appropriate. You will notice at certain places in the reading that contradictory information seems to be given. This is to be expected, because the personality of most people is extremely complex. For example, at times we are quite shy and at other times we are very aggressive, and so forth. You will also notice that, at certain points in the reading, certain patterns may be repeated over and over, especially in a longer more detailed report than this one. This is also to be expected. This simply means that your horoscope has an extremely strong focus on this particular pattern and that you should pay extra close attention to what is said about it. Now, on with your Report!

Name: Astrolabe Customer
September 19 1989
10:12 AM Time Zone is PDT
San Francisco, CA

Rising Sign is in 05 Degrees Scorpio
You tend to be quiet, reserved, secretive and, at times, quite difficult to understand. Others notice your deep emotions and feelings and wonder how to draw you out. Stubborn and tough, you fight for any position you believe in. You are very resourceful and formidable when you become angered or upset about something. You enjoy living life at the cutting edge -- for you life must be experienced intensely and totally. Quite courageous, you are willing to take calculated risks. Easily hurt by others, you often strike back with bitter sarcasm. Sensitive and curious, you are concerned with the deeper mysteries of human psychology. Once you have become interested in any subject, you pursue it with total fanaticism.

Sun is in 26 Degrees Virgo.
Extremely careful and cautious by nature, you value neatness and order above all else. You rigorously practice very high standards of living and conduct and you demand the same of everyone with whom you come into contact. At times, you are so supercritical that you are merely nit-picky. You are very good at practical skills and quite handy with tools of all kinds. You are also greatly concerned with hygiene, cleanliness and personal health problems. Very likely your health is much better than you think it is -- don't worry so much! Extremely methodical and analytical, you are a perfectionist -- this makes you the perfect person to carry out highly detailed, precise operations. But, at times, you pay so much attention to details that you lose sight of the larger issues.

Moon is in 25 Degrees Taurus.
Warmth, comfort, security and familiar surroundings are necessary for you to feel at ease. Very loving and affectionate, you prefer a steady, patterned way of life. Patient, calm and steadfast, you are not easily upset. Others look to you for support. You tend to be a slow starter and a slow mover -- others may try to rush you, but they will never succeed. Emotionally, you are quite stubborn -- your attitudes about people and things were firmly set in your youth and will change very little as an adult. You are also very cautious and conservative about spending money. It is not that you are selfish, you just need to feel secure. Beware of a tendency to become overly complacent and too self-satisfied.

Mercury is in 07 Degrees Libra.
You are known for not jumping to conclusions about things. You tend to weigh all possible choices very carefully before making a decision. When in the slightest amount of doubt, you will compromise rather than ruffle any feathers. You are a true raconteur of culture and taste -- your ideas and opinions are neat, elegant and refined. A born diplomat, you dislike discord so much that you will go out of your way to make others feel comfortable and at ease. You speak softly and pleasantly.

Venus is in 08 Degrees Scorpio.
Your feelings about others are deep, powerful, intense and complex. When you like someone, you do so totally and obsessively if you do not like someone, they do not exist. Your faithfulness and loyalty to your lover is unquestioned, indeed at times it is too much so -- you get so possessive that you almost smother your partner. At times, your feelings are kept deep within you and, because they are so complex and intense, they frighten you -- this is the way that you try to ignore them. But the more you try to do this, the more explosive things get when you eventually do express them.

Mars is in 00 Degrees Libra.
You are very aware of the need to cooperate with others in order to further any effort. You are usually willing to compromise with others, although you can be quite competitive in a friendly way. Very fair- minded and impartial, you have the ability to sense injustice and the desire to take corrective actions to make proper compensations. You see both sides of issues and questions, but you tend to be undecided or wavering when forced to make choices that might make you vulnerable or unpopular.

Jupiter is in 08 Degrees Cancer.
You must be emotionally secure in order to grow and develop. You are happiest when your family and community support and nourish you and boost your morale. Whether your childhood experiences of love and emotional dependability were positive or negative will set the tone for your emotional growth and stability as an adult. When you feel at ease with yourself, you are able to offer assistance to those who need a helping hand.

Saturn is in 07 Degrees Capricorn.
Very serious-minded and mature, you have the ability to take on responsibilities and to carry out important duties. You can also be trusted to be extremely practical and thrifty. A good organizer, you are the ideal one to be counted on to take a clearly defined project through to its logical conclusion. An achiever, you pride yourself on your ability to focus your attention totally on some worthy goal and then attain it.

Uranus is in 01 Degrees Capricorn.
You, and your peer group as well, seek out practical solutions to a changing society's attitudes to customs, traditions and authority structures. Your logical and orderly manner of dealing with these matters will result in permanent and carefully planned, but sweeping, reforms.

Neptune is in 09 Degrees Capricorn.
You, and your entire generation, will idealize work, practicality and the ability to attain reasonable goals. But, because you will also stress the need to be selfless and giving, you may find it difficult to attain your goals unless you have lowered your expectations on all fronts.

Pluto is in 13 Degrees Scorpio.
For your entire generation, this is a period of intense research and discovery in areas that were heretofore considered mysterious, remote or taboo. The root causes for many complex occurrences will be unearthed due to the intensity and thoroughness of the search.

N. Node is in 25 Degrees Aquarius.
As long as someone else (or a group or organization) appeals to your intellectual sensibilities, you'll try to ally yourself with them in some way. You may find that you always seem to get involved with many wide-ranging groups -- so much so that you find it difficult to fit them all into your busy schedule. Your many friends and acquaintances provide you with needed stimulation. You're loyal and fair-minded -- you try to spend time equally with all your friends, never concentrating on just one or two for any length of time. Although probably quite conservative yourself, you're attracted to those who are a bit offbeat or eccentric -- you enjoy watching their minds work.

Noa

Astrology is one of those things I have never spent much time on because I was busy with other things. Is this sort of a forum game for most of you or is it more significant?

Also, if you would rather I make a separate thread with that question feel free to say so.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Astrology is one of those things I have never spent much time on because I was busy with other things. Is this sort of a forum game for most of you or is it more significant?

Also, if you would rather I make a separate thread with that question feel free to say so.
I, personally, take astrology seriously. I don't know about the others in the thread. This thread is just my curiosity and it's not supposed to be all serious.

Noa

I, personally, take astrology seriously. I don't know about the others in the thread. This thread is just my curiosity and it's not supposed to be all serious.

Interesting. I think I shall try to find an appropriate section in the forums to ask about it then. I have never met someone that took it seriously. I am curious.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Interesting. I think I shall try to find an appropriate section in the forums to ask about it then. I have never met someone that took it seriously. I am curious.
I'm an occultist and occultists generally do. It requires a lot of study to understand it, however.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I've known a few people who have been pretty big on astrology...with more and more detail it does seem to be very accurate quite often. Especially when tossing out the more generalized "feel-good" stuff from cheesy sources.

The Mayan one for me was the Owl.

"Serious, wise, deep, realistic and pragmatic. Hardened to life, status conscious. Becomes a counselor by learning life lessons from others. Has high standards.
Old spirits carry the wisdom of the ancient times. With the energy of the Owl you are in contact with the other worlds and have telepathic abilities that keep you connected to the wisdom of sacred places....
You discover that you have an incredible inner strength that gives you space for quiet, internal observation. This trait brings you wisdom, which is considered much more valuable than any archaeological treasure. To remember this wisdom, you can take an interest in ancient cultures and their spirituality. You can even travel to ancient temples and wander around..."