• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Does God Start To Burn People In Hell

I don't think abrahamic god will send a newborn baby to hell that's born to an atheist family.Even though that baby will probably be atheist too.So at what age people are began to send to hell?This is extremely important you know.You have to know when you may get send to hell you will stay there for eternity after all.

The teaching of eternal torment is not based on any Biblical evidence. As others before me have stated, this is a false teaching based on pagan dogma.
The Bible teaches that 1) the Soul dies 2) when we die we cease to exist (just as we were non-existent before our birth) 3) a God of love does not cruelly torture people who die either in ignorance or as blatantly wicked.

JoStories

Yes you did.

And

That's not what I accused you of denying.

You said that the imagery of Hell in popular imagination was contrived by Milton and Dante. I retort that the visual world of those works are drawn from a very old tradition. Obviously they took liberties for their fiction.

I'm not sure you know what it is you're even trying to argue with me anymore.
I went back and reread what you had written and what I wrote. I didn't say those two authors didn't get information from other or older sources. I simply pointed out that they wrote fiction. Yes, they took liberties. End of this for me

Last edited:

atpollard

So god would burn a seven year old child for eternity just because he/she is an atheist wow!
I know people who have committed lots more sins by age 7 than some adults manage in their whole life.

If anyone goes to a literal hell (as opposed to it being a metaphor for complete destruction), then they go for the same reason ... they have sinned and rejected God's terms of forgiveness.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
"Bible only"?
Those that insist on sola scriptura, and the face-value interpretation of Genesis as descriptions of literal events in history.

Anyways, where did you get this information from, and what do mean by ''orthodox faith''?
It's common knowledge that creationists are by in large fundamentalist Protestants who are more or less concentrated in the US. The whole evolution verses creationism 'debate' is really not an issue of any magnitude anywhere but the US.

By orthodox faith I mean the faith passed down by apostolic tradition, to which no single Protestant church has any legitimate claim. I'm a Catholic, so as far as I'm concerned, Protestantism in all its forms is heretical because it rejects the authority of the apostolic teaching.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
It's common knowledge that creationists are by in large fundamentalist Protestants who are more or less concentrated in the US. The whole evolution verses creationism 'debate' is really not an issue of any magnitude anywhere but the US.
So, did the deity that you believe in, just create evolution, or doesn't exist, etc.
By orthodox faith I mean the faith passed down by apostolic tradition, to which no single Protestant church has any legitimate claim. I'm a Catholic, so as far as I'm concerned, Protestantism in all its forms is heretical because it rejects the authority of the apostolic teaching.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
So, did the deity that you believe in, just create evolution, or doesn't exist, etc.
What are you even trying to argue? You're not making sense. Your claim that the Bible demands six-day creationism is just outright false, and I explained that such an interpretation has never been a 'doctrine' of Christianity. Why are you talking about the deity? That's not the question.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
What are you even trying to argue? You're not making sense. Your claim that the Bible demands six-day creationism is just outright false, and I explained that such an interpretation has never been a 'doctrine' of Christianity. Why are you talking about the deity? That's not the question.
It's completely relevant.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Also, you are saying that that interpretation has never been a ''doctrine'', what exactly are you saying, are you saying that the RCC never taught that?

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
It's completely relevant.
We are talking about the beliefs of the Church, not whether or not God exists.

Also, you are saying that that interpretation has never been a ''doctrine'', what exactly are you saying, are you saying that the RCC never taught that?
A doctrine is a belief that is described to be an article of Christian faith which must be accepted. There are actually very few outright doctrines.

On creationism, the Church has never taught as doctrine that the world was created in a six day period, six thousand years ago. There may be those within the Church who hold to that, but there is no specific interpretation of the creation story that a Catholic must adhere to. The acceptance of evolution is widespread because it's not really an issue unless you take Genesis at face-value.