• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When was Yeshua born? Summer/Winter

When was Yeshua born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

outhouse

Atheistically
lets get some facts out.

Historical Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Birth

See also: Nativity of Jesus

Jesus was probably born in the last years before Herod's reign ended in 4 BCE,[29][30] in the Galilean village of Nazareth.[31][32][33][34] Geza Vermes views the different accounts of Jesus' birth given in the Gospel of Luke and the Gospel of Matthew as "pious fictions".[35] E. P. Sanders describes them as "the clearest cases of invention in the Gospels".[36] Raymond Brown notes that "it is unlikely that either account is completely historical",[37] and suggests that the account in Matthew is based on an earlier narrative patterned on traditions about the birth of Moses.[38] While the infancy narratives are considered problematic by critical scholars, particularly because they are laced with theology and are indebted to precursor texts, it has been suggested that they do contain some historical information about Jesus, such as when he was born and the names of his parents.[39][40]
This first Herod, an Idumaean whom the Roman Senate elected King of the Jews[41] over Idumea, Galilee, Judea, Samaria and neighboring lands, ruled from 37 to 4 BCE.[42] Upon Herod's death, the Romans divided up his kingdom between his sons, and Herod Antipas ruled Galilee but not Judea (which became part of Iudaea province after Herod Archelaus was deposed in 6 CE), while Jesus was still a boy

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
BTW... I checked on the verses like I said I would. I was right. You're wrong. Exodus 12:14 does NOT describe the 14th.

The 14th certainly has its purpose... get rid of the leaven, start eating matzah, bring the pesach (passover) offering...

But this does not make it a feast, nor does it make it the first of the seven days of Passover

so it was the 'preparation' for the passover then, would you agree with that statement?

peacecrusader888

lets get some facts out.

Historical Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Birth

See also: Nativity of Jesus

Jesus was probably born in the last years before Herod's reign ended in 4 BCE,[29][30] in the Galilean village of Nazareth.[31][32][33][34] Geza Vermes views the different accounts of Jesus' birth given in the Gospel of Luke and the Gospel of Matthew as "pious fictions".[35] E. P. Sanders describes them as "the clearest cases of invention in the Gospels".[36] Raymond Brown notes that "it is unlikely that either account is completely historical",[37] and suggests that the account in Matthew is based on an earlier narrative patterned on traditions about the birth of Moses.[38] While the infancy narratives are considered problematic by critical scholars, particularly because they are laced with theology and are indebted to precursor texts, it has been suggested that they do contain some historical information about Jesus, such as when he was born and the names of his parents.[39][40]
This first Herod, an Idumaean whom the Roman Senate elected King of the Jews[41] over Idumea, Galilee, Judea, Samaria and neighboring lands, ruled from 37 to 4 BCE.[42] Upon Herod's death, the Romans divided up his kingdom between his sons, and Herod Antipas ruled Galilee but not Judea (which became part of Iudaea province after Herod Archelaus was deposed in 6 CE), while Jesus was still a boy

@outhouse

You rely too much on Wikipedia. Who do you think wrote Wikipedia? Who is Geza Vermes? Who is E. P. Sanders? Who is Raymond Brown?

FYI, Jesus was not born “in the Galilean village of Nazareth”. He was born in Bethlehem. He was born in the last year (not years) before Herod’s reign ended, not in 4 BCE though but in 32 BCE or 33 BC.

outhouse

Atheistically
You rely too much on Wikipedia

If you cannot handle the truths within wiki you are free to challeneg the information. It has to be backed and sourced or your personal fantasy wil be deleted.

Wiki is a wonderful source as long as you know much of the information before hand, you dont

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Sure.

Would you agree with this statement?

yeah, sure.

But i still think it is entirely probable that the two events could have been termed 'passover' as a general rule and as is indicated by the bible writers of the 1st century.
They pilgrimaged to Jerusalem just to celebrate the passover and they prepared and ate a special meal on the 14th.... im sure from anyones point of view the entire 7 day celebration began for them when they made the pilgramage and special meal.

Poisonshady313

yeah, sure.

But i still think it is entirely probable that the two events could have been termed 'passover' as a general rule and as is indicated by the bible writers of the 1st century.
They pilgrimaged to Jerusalem just to celebrate the passover and they prepared and ate a special meal on the 14th.... im sure from anyones point of view the entire 7 day celebration began for them when they made the pilgramage and special meal.

There was no special meal on the 14th. The lamb was killed on the 14th and eaten on the 15th.

The 7 days began on the 15th.

peacecrusader888

@Pegg

Jesus was crucified on preparation day for a high day sabbath (John 19:31), but you may be surprised that it was not for Passover. Do you know what that High Day Sabbath was? FYI, it was the New Moon Festival of Elul 1, 3760. Would you believe that Jesus was crucified not before or during the Passover Festival but after the Passover Festival?

peacecrusader888

@DavyCrocket2003

Do you remember Jesus cursing the fig tree? This happened a day after His triumphant entry to Jerusalem (Matthew 21:18-22; Mark 11:12-14). The cursing occurred four days before Passover, on Av 10, 3760 or July 28, 1 BC to be exact.

When is the fig tree with much broad leaves and laden in fruit? In Summer, isn’t it? There are also few fruits in spring (carry over from last season) and few leaves because winter just passed and in spring, the buds are starting to turn to leaves.

So when Jesus was crucified, it was in summer, August 17, 1 BC to be exact or Av 30, 3760, and not in “late March or Early April”. The Holy Spirit revealed the death date of August 17, together with May 23 birth date, which I heard from old listeners in 1983. I have proven the August 17 date to be true and correct in 2003 and the May 23 date in 2006. The results are on the Internet at http://aristean.org/crucifyidx.htm and http://aristean.org/birthmay23.htm.

outhouse

Atheistically

@Pegg

Jesus was crucified on preparation day for a high day sabbath (John 19:31), but you may be surprised that it was not for Passover. Do you know what that High Day Sabbath was? FYI, it was the New Moon Festival of Elul 1, 3760. Would you believe that Jesus was crucified not before or during the Passover Festival but after the Passover Festival?

this is still a guess not based on a reliable source

outhouse

Atheistically

@DavyCrocket2003

Do you remember Jesus cursing the fig tree? This happened a day after His triumphant entry to Jerusalem (Matthew 21:18-22; Mark 11:12-14). The cursing occurred four days before Passover, on Av 10, 3760 or July 28, 1 BC to be exact.

When is the fig tree with much broad leaves and laden in fruit? In Summer, isn’t it? There are also few fruits in spring (carry over from last season) and few leaves because winter just passed and in spring, the buds are starting to turn to leaves.

So when Jesus was crucified, it was in summer, August 17, 1 BC to be exact or Av 30, 3760, and not in “late March or Early April”. The Holy Spirit revealed the death date of August 17, together with May 23 birth date, which I heard from old listeners in 1983. I have proven the August 17 date to be true and correct in 2003 and the May 23 date in 2006. The results are on the Internet at http://aristean.org/crucifyidx.htm and http://aristean.org/birthmay23.htm.

this is still a guess not based on a reliable source

DavyCrocket2003

@DavyCrocket2003

Hmm... I don't remember saying anything about when Jesus died... I guess if you think he died close to his birthday. And I'd be surprised if Jesus died in the year 1 BC. I thought it was more like 29 A.D. Anyway, if you were to ask me when I thought he died, I would still say at the time of the passover. I don't think the story of the fig tree should override the other things that are written.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Hmm... I don't remember saying anything about when Jesus died... I guess if you think he died close to his birthday. And I'd be surprised if Jesus died in the year 1 BC. I thought it was more like 29 A.D. Anyway, if you were to ask me when I thought he died, I would still say at the time of the passover. I don't think the story of the fig tree should override the other things that are written.

Oh yeah, your opinion is the majority. Doesn't even seem to be an argument.

Poisonshady313

BTW... someone older and wiser than me informed me that matzah is not eaten on the 14th... that we are expressly forbidden from starting to eat matzah until the Passover meal on the 15th.

"on the fourteenth day of the month in the evening"... i.e. when you woke up and it was the 14th... you wouldn't start eating matzah until the evening (i.e. when it becomes the 15th). It was probably necessary to word it this way to make it clear that we're talking about the evening of the day when the passover sacrifice was offered. I.e. The lamb was slaughtered on the 14th, and eaten that night (15th) along with matzah.

So if we revise all my posts on this matter to reflect the fact that matzah was NOT eaten on the 14th, and that the only activities happening on the 14th were the cleaning of the house of leaven and the slaughtering of the passover offering, then my posts in this thread stand.

And see? I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong about something.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
BTW... someone older and wiser than me informed me that matzah is not eaten on the 14th... that we are expressly forbidden from starting to eat matzah until the Passover meal on the 15th.

"on the fourteenth day of the month in the evening"... i.e. when you woke up and it was the 14th... you wouldn't start eating matzah until the evening (i.e. when it becomes the 15th). It was probably necessary to word it this way to make it clear that we're talking about the evening of the day when the passover sacrifice was offered. I.e. The lamb was slaughtered on the 14th, and eaten that night (15th) along with matzah.

So if we revise all my posts on this matter to reflect the fact that matzah was NOT eaten on the 14th, and that the only activities happening on the 14th were the cleaning of the house of leaven and the slaughtering of the passover offering, then my posts in this thread stand.

And see? I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong about something.

Interesting. I think that might actually support your argument.

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper

@DavyCrocket2003

are you saying Jesus was 33 in BC 1

peacecrusader888

@ForeverFaithful

No, Jesus was not 33 [solar] years old in 1 BC. He was 32 solar years old equivalent to 33 lunar years when Jesus died in 1 BC.

We usually associate our age as solar years because we use the Gregorian solar calendar. But the Jews celebrate the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread using a lunar calendar during the time of Jesus. A lunar calendar has 354/355 days in a year whereas a solar calendar has 365/366 days in a year.