• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will we acknowledge sexism and violence against men is just as real?

freethinker44

I tend to notice that people who fetishize their intellectual capacity over others are generally insecure about the fraudulent nature of their intellect. So, I tend to end conversations with those people immediately, like now. Good night.
Don't get mad at me. I didn't force you to confuse yourself while trying to misrepresent statistics by using extreme numbers thereby proving the necessity to not use extreme numbers.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The thing is even if it did imply anything more than that, are men being killed to prevent rape? No, so there is no real threat to men in regards to this slogan.
Most women are sexual assaulted, that is a real threat and it's extremely rare for a woman to kill her rapist. Maybe people should focus on what is actually happening rather than imaginary threats.

Oh... my... gosh. It's... it's you!! :eek:

It's great to see you again (even if it's short lived)! That seriously made my day. :D

dust1n

Zindīq
Yipes! Massively more words! I'm getting foggy (fogey?), & think we've beaten this dead horse enuf.
How about we agree that gender equality with bodily autonomy for all is great, & just call it a day?

I some fell like I've been here way too many times. Try not to freeze up there.

dust1n

Zindīq
Don't get mad at me. I didn't force you to confuse yourself while trying to misrepresent statistics by using extreme numbers thereby proving the necessity to not use extreme numbers.

I'm not mad. I just don't converse with ****. Forget the fact that I was actually agreeing with you, not misrepresent statistics by using extreme numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wherenextcolumbus

That's a great idea, and we can start with the first sentence quoted here. Most women are not sexually assaulted, at least not in the US or UK, unless you think 20% equals most. Normally I wouldn't consider anything less than 51% to be considered most, and even that is stretching it.

Do you know what I mean by sexually assaulted or do you think I just mean "forced violent penetration?"

freethinker44

Well, that's exactly what it is hinting... presumably that if you trying to rape me, I will physically attack you.
The thing is even if it did imply anything more than that, are men being killed to prevent rape? No, so there is no real threat to men in regards to this slogan.
Most women are sexual assaulted, that is a real threat and it's extremely rare for a woman to kill her rapist. Maybe people should focus on what is actually happening rather than imaginary threats.
Do you know what I mean by sexually assaulted or do you think I just mean "forced violent penetration?"
Yes, you meant rape.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I point you to this lovely gem of journalism where the author devotes the entire article to making fun of the male victim for having his scrotum ripped off.

Angry ex-girlfriend goes ballistic, rips off man

There was also a recent incident where the women on the View showed a callous disregard for a different man who had his penis cut off by an angry spouse.

We are not talking about comedy halls where anything goes. We are talking about mainstream media and television outlets making fun of men who are victimized by women.

Males are more likely to successfully commit suicide after a divorce; they have virtually no reproductive recourse, further stunted by family courts that consider a penis a disadvantage; they are far less likely to attain a high school diploma, bachelor's degree, and now attend non-STEM graduate programs; among 22-30 years men make 8% less than women; as boys they're far more likely to be disciplined and misdiagnosed; as men they serve longer sentences for the same crime, yet 40% of domestic violence victims are men where the perpetrator was a women. We laugh when a woman on television slaps a man, but if a woman is even portrayed in bad light, organizations like NOW yell until it's repealed. When will society wake up that systematic sexism is not limited to one side of the equation?

There's been a lot of questions raised about why men are dropping out of society and not committing to marriage. I think the answer is clear. There's really no place for the average man nowadays.
When the tables are righted between men and women in our society, obviously men are going to lose a great deal. This, however, is not sexism ... it's just new because men have been in control for so long and that is changing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When the tables are righted between men and women in our society, obviously men are going to lose a great deal. This, however, is not sexism ... it's just new because men have been in control for so long and that is changing.
We (menfolk) stand to lose? I don't think so.
To right things would mean getting rid of what is wrong. That's good for all.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
We (menfolk) stand to lose? I don't think so. To right things would mean getting rid of what is wrong. That's good for all.

Kinda depends whether you take a holistic view or an individual view I think.
To whit;

The best person gets the job, regardless of gender, can mean...

1) I didn't get the job. Boohoo.
2) The person who got the job is best qualified, and can hopefully provide the best service, etc, thus helping society as a whole (simplistically)

But overall, I agree with you. A fair playing field would change things, but that doesn't mean men lose.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Kinda depends whether you take a holistic view or an individual view I think.
To whit;

The best person gets the job, regardless of gender, can mean...

1) I didn't get the job. Boohoo.
2) The person who got the job is best qualified, and can hopefully provide the best service, etc, thus helping society as a whole (simplistically)

But overall, I agree with you. A fair playing field would change things, but that doesn't mean men lose.
It took all those words to finally arrive at the sentence which agreed with me?
Oh, well....better late than never!

Btw, it's "to wit".

leibowde84

Veteran Member
We (menfolk) stand to lose? I don't think so.
To right things would mean getting rid of what is wrong. That's good for all.
I just meant that there will undoubtedly be some priveleges that men lose in the process. I agree, it is a good thing for all, but it is undeniable.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just meant that there will undoubtedly be some priveleges that men lose in the process. I agree, it is a good thing for all, but it is undeniable.
What privileges do I now have which I would lose?

Perhaps I should clarify what I mean by "good for all"....
We, society, will benefit from greater efficiencies which accrue from gender equality.
Some areas of improvement:
- A greater tendency for the most qualified person to be hired for a job
- More equitable treatment in the justice system.
- More equitable distribution of governmental benefits.
- More equitable imposition of obligations.

If some people will lose the benefit of prejudicial attitudes, then I say this it is no real loss. Some men & some women will perhaps individually lose something. This is much like being prohibited from cheating at cards, ie, no real loss.