• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where did God come from ?

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Guitar's Cry said:
How do you know this?
Alright...you try if you can...

What kind of evidance you want me to give?
God is not proven in a laboratory or something..

God like said:
I have no idea what you mean by this. What has but not more got to do with what I said? Or did you mean but no more?
You were describing what you think is a fact, and Im telling you it's a nice story but not true..
How can you say what you said?...like you have witnessed the creation of the universe or something, God is no way explaind by that...

and by the way, God has no like..;)

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
EiNsTeiN said:
Alright...you try if you can...

Forgive me, but I don't quite understand. Try what?

By asking "How do you know this?" I was trying to show that your response to Godlike's description of God's origin was assuming a different view, but provided no reason for me to accept one over the other.

EiNsTeiN said:
What kind of evidance you want me to give?
God is not proven in a laboratory or something..

Ah, but how do you know that God cannot be studied scientifically? Some would argue that all science studies God...

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Guitar's Cry said:
Ah, but how do you know that God cannot be studied scientifically? Some would argue that all science studies God...

I know this question is directed to Einstein, but I'd like to give my point of view, if that's alright.

I don't believe that any part of religion can be proved, or disproven for that matter, scientifically. There are too many unknown variables that it would be improbable at this point in time to isolate in order to properly study it.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Guitar's Cry said:
Forgive me, but I don't quite understand. Try what?

By asking "How do you know this?" I was trying to show that your response to Godlike's description of God's origin was assuming a different view, but provided no reason for me to accept one over the other.

Sorry for being mean in previous posts..

What I mean is that God like was just giving a suggestion of what God might be...And I told him this is totally fiction, and not true...you asked how I know this...But this question actually has no answer, or to be accurate, this question is for God like rather than me, since he is the one proposing assumptions..So, how does he know?

Sciencies doesnt study God..yet, they indicate the existance of Him, but not a direct prove...
You can not come with the conclusion that Gid exists by equations for instance..

Sorry if I annoyed anyone with previous posts (a bad mood situation:D )

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
EiNsTeiN said:
Sorry for being mean in previous posts..

What I mean is that God like was just giving a suggestion of what God might be...And I told him this is totally fiction, and not true...you asked how I know this...But this question actually has no answer, or to be accurate, this question is for God like rather than me, since he is the one proposing assumptions..So, how does he know?

Sciencies doesnt study God..yet, they indicate the existance of Him, but not a direct prove...
You can not come with the conclusion that Gid exists by equations for instance..

Sorry if I annoyed anyone with previous posts (a bad mood situation:D )

All is cool with me.:cool:

I actually agree with you, for the most part. The extent that God (if It exists) could be studied scientifically seems minimal. But I can't really say without knowing the nature of God.

Asking "How do you know?" can be directed towards any assumption of God. I ask this of myself when I proclaim that I believe that God exists, and I cannot answer it. Which is why I consider myself agnostic even while leaning towards panentheism.

I hope your bad mood turns positive. :)