• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where exactly is the sacrifice in the death of Jesus?

logician

I find it most interesting that you believe any exercise in individual freedom is not good planning in your book. In a way I agree - anyone or any force or any idea that put you up to that – was really stupid.

Zadok

You obviously don't understand my post.

Evandr

Stripling Warrior
This post makes no sense whatsoever.:sleep:
It made perfect sense. Your post was an obvious and weak attempt to discredit God. Claiming that God is a poor planner is a real stretch, even for you. If that kind of rhetoric is what your belief platform is founded on then the strength of your whole position is built on a foundation of straw. I must say that your little sleepy icon is an apt depiction of the religious intellect you display with such comments.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If the supposed Jesus did this by free will, then it is possible he could have decided not to, meaning the supposed god left everything to chance. Not good planning in my book.

On the surface it would appear to be not good planning, but God had a purpose he was going to carry out as mentioned at Genesis [3v15] that God would provide a 'seed' that would deal a fatal death bruise to Satan [serpent] head.

Since Jesus was God's firstborn in the heavens as the beginning of the creation by God, then Jesus would have been well known to his Father.
[Col 1v15,16; Rev 3v14b]

Although Jesus had his own will [ Mt26v39; Lk 22v42; Jn5v30;6v38] God would have known Jesus so well over the countless numbers of years they were together 'before' the creation of the physical or material world that God could put complete trust in Jesus and in Jesus willingness to come to earth for us.
[Proverbs 8vs22-31]

So there is a difference between planning, chance and absolute trusted confidence in another. Jesus took his part so seriously that his sweat became as drops of blood.

logician

It made perfect sense. Your post was an obvious and weak attempt to discredit God. Claiming that God is a poor planner is a real stretch, even for you. If that kind of rhetoric is what your belief platform is founded on then the strength of your whole position is built on a foundation of straw. I must say that your little sleepy icon is an apt depiction of the religious intellect you display with such comments.

YOur posts keep getting weaker and weaker. Maybe you haven't noticed I don't beleve there is a god, thus god being a planner is non sequiter. My statement was a logical one, and certainly stands up to reason. Again, your post makes no sense whatseover.:clap