• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where Is Heaven?

syoonsh

For those who are living in North America, I am assume some of you already may know about the special news on interviews on WHERE IS HEAVEN on ABC ch. tonight. It seems that last year, they broadcasted a movie "Five people you met in heaven" and now this same time again, they are having more issues on this related this field.

I believe N.A is getting more spiritually that not just Christianity teachings but also teachings of from Eastern Philosophy. THat all these stuffs are came from Eastern Philosophies.

Enjoy the show and please after once you saw share your opinions in this thread.

nutshell

My wife and I are looking forward to this, although it doesn't look like they spoke to any LDS (Mormons). I thought that fastest growing religion in the U.S. (according to the Today show on NBC) might offer some keen insights, such as the family unit is an essential aspect of Heaven, etc.

Anyway, I'm sure it will still be interesting and I always like learning about other people's beliefs.

JerryL

Judeo-Christian Heaven? It is the expanse which seperates the waters above frmo the waters below, in which is set the sun, moon, and stars.

nutshell

JerryL said:
Judeo-Christian Heaven? It is the expanse which seperates the waters above frmo the waters below, in which is set the sun, moon, and stars.
That's "the heavens," but I think Heaven is the place where God resides.

fromthe heart

Many feel what NBC puts out there as Christian is demeaning.

CBS is also airing a special tonight about discovering the true birth place of Jesus...It's called The Mystery of Christmas on 48 hours mystery at 10:00PM Should anyone be interested. It perhaps will not be as demeaning as NBC towards the Christian faith?

As for where heaven is I'd like to wait on that to hear some more responses to this thread.

Bangbang

Heaven is where the 144,000 annointed ones go......I think there were about 8000 still left on the planet in 1991 according to the JW's. I don't want any part of this world...does that make me one of the annointed?

JerryL

nutshell said:
That's "the heavens," but I think Heaven is the place where God resides.
No, really, it isn't. It says "Raqiya`" Strong's number 7549 (don't make me go look up the hebrew symbols).

1. extended surface (solid), expanse, firmament
  1. expanse (flat as base, support)
  2. firmament (of vault of heaven supporting waters above)
    1. considered by Hebrews as solid and supporting 'waters' above

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
nutshell said:
My wife and I are looking forward to this, although it doesn't look like they spoke to any LDS (Mormons).

I doubt they talked to any Unitarian Universalists either.

syoonsh

nutshell said:
My wife and I are looking forward to this, although it doesn't look like they spoke to any LDS (Mormons). I thought that fastest growing religion in the U.S. (according to the Today show on NBC) might offer some keen insights, such as the family unit is an essential aspect of Heaven, etc.

Anyway, I'm sure it will still be interesting and I always like learning about other people's beliefs.
Yes, I didn't know NBC made this until the replies I have seen, but it seems that various religion leaders such as DAL LAI LA MA will be shown...

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
syoonsh said:
Yes, I didn't know NBC made this until the replies I have seen, but it seems that various religion leaders such as DAL LAI LA MA will be shown...
The Dalai Lama is going to be on? Well, I might watch it then....

Also my TV guide says, ABC News Presents a Barbara Walters Special: Heaven, Where Is It? How Do We Get There? I don't think NBC is involved.

syoonsh

What I am concderning after all this, when all religions has different views of heaven and hell, I believe no other religion is true religion in our world. But, we have our choices of freedom which religions we believe in, thus there is NO HEAVEN AND HELL.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
nutshell said:

I've got the book that prompted the TV show: "A Travel Guide to Heaven." I don't know anything at all about the author, except that he's not LDS. Apparently, he came up with all of his ideas about heaven from reading the Bible, as opposed to what mainstream Christianity teaches. I was actually quite surprised at how many of his beliefs correspond to LDS doctrine. Not all of them do, of course, but quite a few are similar. I'm really looking forward to the show.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Maize was right...it was ABC...not NBC. Also, I didn't watch it though I caught bits and pieces of it here and there while flipping around...how was it demeaning to Christians? The parts I caught were interviews with priests and such in churches. What did they do to make it demeaning?

Radar

Katzpur said:
I've got the book that prompted the TV show: "A Travel Guide to Heaven." I don't know anything at all about the author, except that he's not LDS. Apparently, he came up with all of his ideas about heaven from reading the Bible, as opposed to what mainstream Christianity teaches. I was actually quite surprised at how many of his beliefs correspond to LDS doctrine. Not all of them do, of course, but quite a few are similar. I'm really looking forward to the show.
Imagine that similarities between the bible and a christain based faith. Wow, look at the similarities between the abrahamic beliefs. What is even more facinating is all the contradictions in all. :bounce

nutshell

Radar said:
Imagine that similarities between the bible and a christain based faith. Wow, look at the similarities between the abrahamic beliefs. What is even more facinating is all the contradictions in all. :bounce
And what is even more amazing than that is the lack of faith found at a website called religiousforums.com. :jiggy:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
nutshell said:
And what is even more amazing than that is the lack of faith found at a website called religiousforums.com. :jiggy:

This is not a Christian-based site. Sorry if you thought so. This is a site for religious education and debate.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
The Dalai Lama made me smile the whole time. What a great fellow. :D

I did think they didn't spend enough time with the atheist woman, though.

Radar

nutshell said:
Even more facinating is that no faith would be required at all if religious beliefs were based on logical proof or material evidence.

syoonsh

GeneCosta said:
The Dalai Lama made me smile the whole time. What a great fellow. :D

I did think they didn't spend enough time with the atheist woman, though.
although She kissed Dal Lai la ma, which seems she was really anxious to, According to

Christianity, DalLai La Ma would go to hell? :confused: sounds not right.....