• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Choice Best Describes Your Faith (or lack thereof)?

What is your faith (or lack thereof)?

• Christianity

Votes: 183 20.2%
  • Judaism

Votes: 28 3.1%
  • Islam

Votes: 66 7.3%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 47 5.2%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 51 5.6%
  • Baha'i

Votes: 23 2.5%
  • Spiritism

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Jainism

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • Unitarian Universalism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Wiccan/Pagan/Druid

Votes: 65 7.2%
  • Taoism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Native American

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Scientology

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Satanism/Luciferianism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Atheism/Agnosticism/Secular/Humanism

Votes: 184 20.3%
  • Non-Denominational Theism

Votes: 25 2.8%
  • Nihilism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 139 15.4%

• Total voters

MissDiscerner

Eternal student
I ran away from Catholicism. All those dogmas, the patriarchalism, the monotheism... I'm absolutely fed up with all that!| :mad: And the idea of Hell scares the s*** out of me!

stillsong

I ran away from Catholicism. All those dogmas, the patriarchalism, the monotheism... I'm absolutely fed up with all that!| :mad: And the idea of Hell scares the s*** out of me!

If you run away from a religion, isn't that fear that moves us? What if we take the essence of a religion that everyone can agree on and find the common ground of all religions including pagan religions or native religions if you prefer?

Just an idea what do you think?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I am an anti-theist in the most strictest sense of the word. I simple oppose the ideal of having a god in my life or having it exist as the basis for misery of others. I hold no belief in god and am thus an atheist but I also show no favoritism towards theism or religion I find intolerable. I do not believe in tolerating actions or beliefs based on gods the same way I do not support the actions of beliefs based on murderous dictators.

The term 'comparative' is confusing. A religion is more in competition and thus contrasting of all others. However, I prefer the premise of a law based belief system, as opposed of one based primarily on belief. Also, I am not in concert with the doctrine of only one path and all others being made as bad guys. This book, "Ben Hur II - Exile" - examines what really happened in the first century from a historical POV and is a major discussion in religious forums. Check it out here: Amazon.com: ben hur ii - exile

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess I am still trying to find my own path. I don't identify strongly with any religion at the moment. But I find myself being drawn to certain "avatars." Jesus, Kali and Nrisimha (sp?) right now. So I am just trying my best to follow wherever they are leading me.

b.finton

In the Unity of Faith
Although I've read the Koran only in translation, I admit of no conflict between Jewish, Christian, and Muslim scriptures. I'll do my best to embrace any categorization that comes my way.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Although I've read the Koran only in translation, I admit of no conflict between Jewish, Christian, and Muslim scriptures. I'll do my best to embrace any categorization that comes my way.
That's a mouthful. Why not just 'Abrahamic'?

b.finton

In the Unity of Faith
Verbosity is a cross I bear.

The Abrahamic religions have parted the garments of HaShem among themselves.

BTW, I view Abraham as a brother, not a father. If his seed is spiritual, so is the seed's source. Those whose lamps are truly lighted are One.

b.

MonkeyFire

I am a unvirsealist. I believe God is Love and he can only be passive. He will submit all people's with compassion and respect like only the all mighty can.

arthra

Baha'i
This thread has been around quite a long time since 2008? In all this time I can't recall if I participated in it or not...

All I can say is that in my life I've explored a wide variety of religions from the east and west... I became certain eventually that the Baha'i Faith had the ideals I had striven for including race unity, equality of men and women, a plan to achieve peace of earth through a representative world parliament and that it also acknowledged the spiritual origin of the world's great religions.

The Baha'i Faith also shaped my marriage and provided my children with an openness and respect for other religions, cultures and people in general.

Astrologer

Spiritualist. No floating table gimmicks. We believe that the soul never dies, and that our loved one's are only a thought or emotion away. We don't envision one day of judgement when all the dead people come flying up out of the ground to stand in front of "god and Son" to see if they got a particular reward. It won't be a side show. Many of the books I read in childhood depicted the "big day" and showed people half out of their caskets, and 'god' floating down on a golden throne. It made sense then, but it seems bizarre now. It makes me wonder how long that "lineup" would be by now.

Don Penguinoini
I don't mean to rain on your parade Don but the whole point of being an atheist is the disbelief in all gods, goddesses and spiritualist and spiritual divine deities of which in Hinduism there are many . I thought I would share this with you because when the atheists talks of any non tangible form it is as telepathy or telekinesis, totally rejecting any spiritual or spirituality above man dealing only with human science (energy equals mass) as for me I follow one of the first nations Indian tribes I will not mention for now so I am not a Hindu obviously, symbolically showing Crow feathers

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
I am drawn to the Norse Paganism and old Pantheon. First it was the Crusades then Plague, so a lot of knowledge was lost to warfare and disease over the centuries.

There is much truth in it though and there are scholars constantly translating to old Rune stones and literature.

The Irish suffered the same but then the famine, there are scholars working on restoring their Pagan knowledge as well.

There is truth in the old Pagan beliefs, it wasn't all fantasy, they weren't fools.