• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Choice Best Describes Your Faith (or lack thereof)?

What is your faith (or lack thereof)?

• Christianity

Votes: 183 20.2%
  • Judaism

Votes: 28 3.1%
  • Islam

Votes: 66 7.3%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 47 5.2%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 51 5.6%
  • Baha'i

Votes: 23 2.5%
  • Spiritism

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Jainism

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • Unitarian Universalism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Wiccan/Pagan/Druid

Votes: 65 7.2%
  • Taoism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Native American

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Scientology

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Satanism/Luciferianism

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • Atheism/Agnosticism/Secular/Humanism

Votes: 184 20.3%
  • Non-Denominational Theism

Votes: 25 2.8%
  • Nihilism

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 139 15.4%

• Total voters

KFair1311

I selected "Wiccan/Pagan/Druid" because I'm a pagan. Specifically, I'm a Heathen or Asatruar. My religion is called Asatru which means "loyalty to the old gods". The old gods I'm refering to are the Aesir and the Vanir, the Germanic/Norse gods.

Kay

Towards the Sun
I fit somewhere between the Non-denominational Theism category and the Christianity category. It seems to change from day to day. :D

anth

The Guy Who Waves
So basically the thread is, what religion do you believe in?

I didn't quite interpret the title necessarily like that. I think the creator meant for people to get talking on why they believe, or don't believe, the way they do, if that made any sense.:D

Anywho, as my profile indicates, I am a Liberumist. It's a spiritual philosophy I created that changes with me. It basically follows some LaVeyan concepts incorporated into more...tolerant of others and their stupid remarks, actions, etc. I created it specifically for myself, so it can change with me. I've created laws, regulations, and sins for myself that I avoid doing, if possible. My friends half-joke and call me a cultist because of it, but I'm fine with that.

I personally consider and think that the only faith one really needs is faith in oneself.

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
My religion is my own really. I suppose if you had to qualify what it is that I believe it is somewhere between Unitarian Universalism (I believe that each religion expresses some form of truth cosmological in the form of metaphor that people are able to understand, since the deep cosmology is beyond human comprehension as it currently stands, but I do not believe that all religions are equally true nor contain equal amount of truth to be found) and Deism (I believe that a perfect creator being/supreme reality exists and is responsible for the creation of reality, and that is about it; the rules of reality are established as a function of creation since the separation between plan and implementation/thinking and doing is meaningless for a perfect being).

I think that each person has to come to their own conclusions about what is right when it comes to religion. And if we are wrong, well then at least you can say that you were true to yourself.

MTF

EverChanging

I chose Unitarian Universalism, but I should have been able to choose Atheist/Agnostic/Humanism as well. Even that wouldn't describe my eclectic path very well. I also draw from neo-paganism and a bit from Buddhism. Honestly, I find meaning everywhere, whether its religion, mythology, art, literature, etc.

Mr Cheese

Gnosticism: I believe all women are evil, dualism is cool, flesh is a prison and I worship a non corporeal snake called Christ.

but not really....

Gnosticism to me is knowing God; in order to know something, I must become it (Gospel of philip)

You are at a race, the men are lined up, the gun shoots they run….
You are supporting no 10,

but in the confusion and fast pace of the race you think no 8 has won.
You cry and get upset and spend the rest of your life thinking no8 won.
Then someone lets you know that no 10 won.
You now see the race as it truly is, not as you thought it was.
This is Gnosticism.

Gnosticism: I believe all women are evil, dualism is cool, flesh is a prison and I worship a non corporeal snake called Christ.

but not really....

I'd rather be an evil woman than a righteous man :p we all know what shenanigans the truly righteous men get up to.

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
i voted other. why? easy, i follow the canaanite path, believe in Jesus, and use magick. wow. everything summed up in one sentence. oh, im a gnostic too.

MissAlice

What is humanism? :sarcastic

Anyway I lean toward agnosticism because healthy skepticism is less damaging than going on faith blindly. Most of the written texts I run into sound manmade and people have killed eachother in the name of religion. If there were a possiblity of a god, I'd hate to think him the vengeful type who hates the majority of humans and it seems most religions emphasize "him" that way.

However, because I lean toward agnosticism and not atheism, I find myself asking too many questions that science still hasn't answered. Plus, I try to keep an open mind about people and their various faiths. I know some atheists tend to act as if everything were absolute. I don't think even science or evolution is ever absolute and it would be ignorant to suppose we are the brightest tools in the shed.....:no: