• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which city in your country would you never visit?

PureX

Veteran Member
Katzpur said:
I love to travel, so there are few U.S. cities I would not want to visit. There are two, however, that I have been to and would not want to go back to: Denver and Las Vegas. I just found Denver to be kind of unfriendly, and Las Vegas -- well, I don't have enough bad words in my vocabulary to apply to it.
Hmmm. I don't drink, smoke, gamble or use prostitutes, yet I kind of like Las Vagas. It is what it is, and it's so American. I guess I see Vagas as a kind of billboard for the "American Way". GREED BABY! That's the name of the game! And look at all the fantastic glitter and noise and hedonistic distraction it produces! Woohoo to Vagas and the American Way! *haha*

Now Denver, on the other hand, was really just boring, boring, boring. One gigantic truck stop out in the middle of nowhere.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
LOL I was going to sort of say the same thing about Vegas. It's nothing more than pure fantasy playground for grown-ups. I had a heck of a time there, and I was only there for three days.

I can't think of a town in the U.S. that I'd never visit, but I do know that I didn't really care much for Palm Beach, FL. I went there to visit my brother one year, and the level of snobbery is out of this world. My brother liked working there, though, for the easy tips. :p

Beautiful city, just stuck-up.

Peace,
Mystic

Todd

Rajun Cajun
I'd least like to visit Oklahoma City. I just can't imagine that there is much to do there.

I would say New Orleans because of how nasty it would be after Katrina, but most of my family is from Southern Louisiana, so I'd probably still visit it.

A

angellous_evangellous

RevOxley_501 said:
i live in fear constantly in my city

Two words: concealed handgun.

utgshotgunwithtactical.jpg

(12 gauge with scope, laser site, and flashlight)

Booko

Deviled Hen
jacquie4000 said:
I go to Atlantic City everyother week at least. Our lenders take us there as incentive and we take clients there to. But I stay inside the hotel at night.

Yeah, I always laugh at the things the corporate office things are incentives.

My idea of an incentive is give me a week off WITHOUT pay, but buy me an air ticket to my destination, and leave me the heck alone.

There are many dangerous places in New Orleans but alot of neat culture and music to, as long as you stay in the right areas.

Yup. I'd go for the food and the music.

I can't think of any food or music in Atlantic City or Vegas. Those cities are like the cheap ho's of America.

Though if I was visiting someone, then who cares where it is? :shrug:

Booko

Deviled Hen
Gentoo said:
I have no desire to go anywhere in the deep south really...

Ah, you just have to know where and when. Savannah is a very beautiful and relaxed city. Atlanta has it's charms as well -- just don't drive anywhere. :areyoucra

If you like peace and quiet and a beach, Jekyll Island is affordable and relatively undeveloped. October is the best weather. Bugs and tourists are gone, but the temps are 80...a Mainer would think that's downright hot, eh?

Moni_Gail

ELIGE MAGISTRUM
Vider, Tx! *shudder* Small town, but the most racist town there is in my opinion. Huge portion of it is kkk. :eek:

I will admit that when I first moved up to Omaha (Houston, Texas girl), we were driving from the airport and I kept seeing one church after another. The moment I saw a Bible outlet center I was ready to run for the hills! This place is not worth even visiting and yet I'm stuck living here for another year.

Booko

Deviled Hen
MysticSang'ha said:
I can't think of a town in the U.S. that I'd never visit, but I do know that I didn't really care much for Palm Beach, FL. I went there to visit my brother one year, and the level of snobbery is out of this world. My brother liked working there, though, for the easy tips. :p

Beautiful city, just stuck-up.

Under no conditions should you visit Little Compton, RI then. It's far far worse.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
American cities are losing their individuality. It does'nt matter where you go it could be "Anywhere U.S.A". You are sure to find McDonalds, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, etc. I dont like any of the very large cities.
Thier are some cities that have refused to let Walmart build. Peru being one of them. I feel that's thier only redeming quality.

PureX

Veteran Member
Luke Wolf said:
Thier are some cities that have refused to let Walmart build. Peru being one of them. I feel that's thier only redeming quality.
And Chicago!!! I was so proud of my old home city when I heard they wouldn't let them in!

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
American cities are losing their individuality. It does'nt matter where you go it could be "Anywhere U.S.A". You are sure to find McDonalds, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, etc. I dont like any of the very large cities.

Come visit Franklin, TN. Once you get into the business section, there's McDonalds and stuff, but there are no fast food joints in site in our Historical Downtown section. Except for a KFC, but hey, we're Southerners, who can blame us?

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
As for cities I would never visit, there's several not-so-nice places in Georgia I can think of, Hendersonville and Mt. Juliet, Tennessee are the worst places ever, and I'm not fond of the large cities, especially in the *cough* YANKEE dominated region of the country, but there's really not any place I can think of that I absolutely would not visit. I love to travel.

Monat

PureX said:
I think Mexico City probably would not be near the top of my list of cities to visit.

I have little desire to see Dallas, or Houston, or any of Texas except perhaps Austin. I find most everything "Texican" silly, self-centered, and ridiculously grandiose.

:( Take it back.

:rolleyes: But so true.

Monat

As for cities I wouldn't visit, I really can't think of any in particular. Probably any place that I would have to wear a bullet proof vest to drive through it or worry about wearing certian colors. Gang run parts of L.A. for example.

I really don't care for Panama City, Fl too many rebel flags flying around.

BFD_Zayl

Downtown Detroit or Flint. Flint has the second highest murder percentage in the country, Detroit is just a death trap, shootings, kidnappings, etc