• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which colour is this ?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Colour isn't a color, it's a word within quotes. :shrug:

It's like the picture "Ceci n'est pas une pipe" by Rene Magritt.
When the surrealist Magritt wrote, "This is not a pipe," he was asking you to take a step back and see a painting.

When Chinu asks, "Which 'colour' is this?" I don't think he is asking you to take a step back and see a word posted on a forum. :)
Though I could be wrong, and Chinu could be a surrealist.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
When the surrealist Magritt wrote, "This is not a pipe," he was asking you to take a step back and see a painting.
I know that.

When Chinu asks, "Which 'colour' is this?" I don't think he is asking you to take a step back and see a word posted on a forum. :)
That's what I thought... :shrug:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

I don't think being surreal necessarily makes you a surrealist.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
One colour.. so many perspectives,
One colour.. so many opinions,
One colour.. so many debates are ready,
Despite of IT is infront of us.

Than, how it is possible to agree on ONE God ? :)

You're suggesting I stop believing in colours?

Hmmm...

Okay!

4consideration

Premium Member

IMO we do not need to agree on the aspects we see or the definitions we use. It is possible for us to recognize that it is such a large subject that none of us can see it completely or all at once, and allow (with a sense of personal respect) that everyone sees the subject differently.

We could even take it a step further and consider that different ways of viewing the subject are valuable and necessary.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Not at all, Chinu. You know that. :)

chinu

chinu
Yes, If people have so many different views for such a simple thing like "Colour", than how it is possible to have one common view for God :)

Tiberius

Which "Colour" is this ?

Actually, am in long debate through PM's with somebody here at RF, I also said her that its "Forest green", but she is saying it something else.

Anyways, Thankyou.
And all i need is just few more votes on, Forest Green. :)

Honestly, unless you want to describe the colour in terms of a particular wavelength, then anything more than "It's some shade of green" is going to be subjective, not objective, and neither one of you is going to be more right than the other.

I mean, you can say it's a forest green, but what kind of forest? Conifer? Dry Sclerophyll?