• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which existed first "something" or "nothing"?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Nothing can come from nothingess. This is also evidenced by quantum physics: There's no such thing as nothingess itself. There's always something. In our case, the smallest identifiable component of everything is particles: Every single position within spacetime is 100% filled with these particles; There is never an instance of true nothingness.
More recent theories show that the universe has "always" existed: Positing that there never was an instance of nothing. And that even the big bang was merely a "rapid" expansion from a smaller state: The quantum state.
Therefore: Everything that ever was, and will be, has always existed. There never was "nothing." We've been going through the same "building blocks" time and time again.

According to Scripture there always was something -> Psalms 90:2

According to Scripture God supplied the ' something ' to create the material realm of existence.
God supplied His ' power ' and His ' strength ' to create. So, God used His abundant dynamic energy to create the physical/material world.

- Isaiah 40:26; Jeremiah 10:12; Jeremiah 27:5; Jeremiah 32:17; Psalms 33:6; Psalms 104:30; Psalms 147:4-5

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So since your god is something he created himself?

No, God did Not create Himself - Psalms 90:2 - God always existed.
Eternity is also in our hearts because for each day we can count we can count both forwards and backwards forever and ever.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
A solid (dense) substance can be placed in an in-solid substance if it can contract, but before a big-bang all around is very dense, so it cannot be displaced to house a solid substance unless first space to place it is caused to exist.
Regards
The concept of empty space in the absolute sense is an oxymoron and does not, never has, and never can exist....in the relative sense, it just means an absence of some particulate substance... If space is said to exist, it logically implies a presence of substance/s....

Paleo

Primitivism and chill
We know after an explosion there is chaos. After a bombing there is No organization.
Whereas the Big Bang is all about organization which is quite a contrast with chaos.
Eh, in my beliefs chaos existed before all. It was dark and vast, the Nun or void or perhaps even space if you want to think of it that way. Within that chaos formed a serpent (metaphorical or literal) with similar qualities and along with it a 'cosmic egg' (again, literal or metaphorical). From that egg arose the first of the Gods. One who played a major role in the intelligent design of all that we see.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The concept of empty space in the absolute sense is an oxymoron and does not, never has, and never can exist....in the relative sense, it just means an absence of some particulate substance... If space is said to exist, it logically implies a presence of substance/s....
I don't agree with one.
Please quote from a text book of science that it is implied.
Regards

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
According to Scripture there always was something -> Psalms 90:2

According to Scripture God supplied the ' something ' to create the material realm of existence.
God supplied His ' power ' and His ' strength ' to create. So, God used His abundant dynamic energy to create the physical/material world.

- Isaiah 40:26; Jeremiah 10:12; Jeremiah 27:5; Jeremiah 32:17; Psalms 33:6; Psalms 104:30; Psalms 147:4-5

'by his understanding hath he stretched out the heavens'

There are several references in the Bible to the heavens being stretched, unfolded, as a tent or curtain- expanded. It's still a tricky concept to grasp even after it was observed to be so. I think there are many things in the Bible science has yet to catch up with.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
'by his understanding hath he stretched out the heavens'

There are several references in the Bible to the heavens being stretched, unfolded, as a tent or curtain- expanded. It's still a tricky concept to grasp even after it was observed to be so. I think there are many things in the Bible science has yet to catch up with.

I would be slightly more impressed if the Bible actually said "it is stretching the Heavens". Since that is what we observe. A "stretching" not a "stretched".

And that would be a concept difficult to anticipate without telecopes. The stretched scenario is not so difficult. All you need is to observe some clouds much bigger than anything else and guess.

Ciao

- viole

chinu

chinu
There was Something/Someone before the Beginning,
No Questioner and No body to answer any question.

And when there's a situation like.. "No Questioner and No body to answer any question" it is also equal to "Nothing"

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
There was Something/Someone before the Beginning,
No Questioner and No body to answer any question.

And when there's a situation like.. "No Questioner and No body to answer any question" it is also equal to "Nothing"
Nothing in the absolute sense means an absence of reality itself....which of course can not be...

gnostic

The Lost One
We know after an explosion there is chaos.
Except that the Big Bang is not an explosion.

An explosion would go from cold to hot, but the Big Bang is the opposite of explosion, going from hot to cold. The universe was expanding, meaning space itself was expanding.

As the universe expand exponentially, the universe became cooler. And as the universe became increasingly cooler, subatomic particles began to forms, and they (subatomic particles) began to form into atomic particles (eg protons and neutrons). Then particles began to become enclose or bond together inside the nuclei, known as the Big Bang nucleosynthesis epoch.

Eventually these positive charged elements bonded with electrons (known as the Recombination epoch), which formed the electrical-stable elements (like hydrogen and helium atoms).

And all of the above process happened before the stars were formed. According to the Planck space telescope, the first generations of stars didn't form until about 560 million years after the BB.

And I will re-iterate, the Big Bang was an explosion. Please actually read what the theory is actually saying, clearing up your ignorance on the subject.

idav

Being
Premium Member
That's how I see the phrase God exists, as a presence of something.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Except that the Big Bang is not an explosion.
An explosion would go from cold to hot, but the Big Bang is the opposite of explosion, going from hot to cold. The universe was expanding, meaning space itself was expanding.
As the universe expand exponentially, the universe became cooler. And as the universe became increasingly cooler, subatomic particles began to forms, and they (subatomic particles) began to form into atomic particles (eg protons and neutrons). Then particles began to become enclose or bond together inside the nuclei, known as the Big Bang nucleosynthesis epo
Eventually these positive charged elements bonded with electrons (known as the Recombination epoch), which formed the electrical-stable elements (like hydrogen and helium atoms).
And all of the above process happened before the stars were formed. According to the Planck space telescope, the first generations of stars didn't form until about 560 million years after the BB.
And I will re-iterate, the Big Bang was an explosion. Please actually read what the theory is actually saying, clearing up your ignorance on the subject.

The reason I referred to the ' bang' is because people think of a bang in an explosion as in a bomb going off causing un-organization.
Would you say the Big Bang nucleosynthesis epoch was organized ?_______
And, yes, ' before the stars were formed ' because the stars are part of our material realm of existence being formed first - Psalms 8:3
So, basically I wanted to stress with material creation there was ' organization ' which would be in harmony with Scripture.
Yes, I do see why you explain why the BB is Not an explosion. Thank you for your reply.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I would be slightly more impressed if the Bible actually said "it is stretching the Heavens". Since that is what we observe. A "stretching" not a "stretched".
And that would be a concept difficult to anticipate without telecopes. The stretched scenario is not so difficult. All you need is to observe some clouds much bigger than anything else and guess.
Ciao
- viole

I notice in the Hebrew Scriptures at Isaiah 40:22 it says who spreads the heavens......and stretches them.....

Any thoughts about Isaiah 44:24 and Job 9:8 and Zechariah 12:1 A ?

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
Would you say the Big Bang nucleosynthesis epoch was organized ?
The word - "organized" - is a terminology that irrelevant in the Big Bang cosmology, because I think it is loaded question.

If I say "yes, organized", then you would attempt to sway me with the notion of the Creator god or Intelligent Designer. Putting a deity or this pseudoscience non-existent designer into the picture, would be exactly the same as having superstitious belief of fairies or demons.

I don't need these superstitions and myths that creationists ignorantly cling on to, to explain a natural phenomena.

If you have a understanding of stellar nucleosynthesis, then you might, you just might understand what the Big Bang nucleosynthesis, but I won't be holding my breath that you could, without bringing your superstitions into it.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Eh, in my beliefs chaos existed before all. It was dark and vast, the Nun or void or perhaps even space if you want to think of it that way. Within that chaos formed a serpent (metaphorical or literal) with similar qualities and along with it a 'cosmic egg' (again, literal or metaphorical). From that egg arose the first of the Gods. One who played a major role in the intelligent design of all that we see.
Make up your mind, Dude.