• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which existed first "something" or "nothing"?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
yeah and Sir Frances Bacon might be the author....
hehehehe

I believe in God as the First in mind and heart.
not just a source of energy
It is my understanding also that the absolute reality represented by the concept of God is in our heart, mind, soul, and body....and is all there is....but its fullness is beyond description by the human mind....and is unknowable by the human mind...

stonedsober

Landon OrKrush
or none of them unless the ONE who created/evolved them communicates and informs us which one.
Topic open for Theists and Atheists alike.

Regards
"Nothing" ever existed as "something."
There is a singular concept that indicates true divided light.
That singularity can be perceived as a metatron cube found at every intersection of the flower of life.
Depending on quantum polarity, cataclysma and global contention acts in toxic generational format or sterile sustainable fashion, due only to the positive ground exaltation produced by culminative technological means.

stonedsober

Landon OrKrush
It is my understanding also that the absolute reality represented by the concept of God is in our heart, mind, soul, and body....and is all there is....but its fullness is beyond description by the human mind....and is unknowable by the human mind...
Was the "human mind" told of a certain "guarded knowledge" that may be relative to a "tree of life," as well as "knowledge of good and bad?"
What if the mind of "human" is less than divine through the stages of generations until completion of a fulfilled and subdued earth?

stonedsober

Landon OrKrush
Like H2O is water as well as ice. Perhaps the new age will have its own logic with dimensions and manifolds, as we have Relativity and Quantum Mechanics today. I do not mean that it would be like that but who knows?
Quantum Mechanics and a Singularity.
;)
New Age perception in the rear view mirror of progress in science and religion!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
some people call God ..all knowing...

I do not believe an 'all knowing' God would set Himself up as 'unknowable'

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Was the "human mind" told of a certain "guarded knowledge" that may be relative to a "tree of life," as well as "knowledge of good and bad?"
What if the mind of "human" is less than divine through the stages of generations until completion of a fulfilled and subdued earth?
The human mind operating in the dualistic mode is the "eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil"... People are not equal wrt realizing the prerequisite state of humility essential to understand what and who they really are in the context of the bigger picture...hence the parable of harvest of the ripe wheat at an appropriate time unknown to all...while the rest are represented as rubble and weeds..

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
some people call God ..all knowing...

I do not believe an 'all knowing' God would set Himself up as 'unknowable'
This seems to imply unambiguously that the human mind can't fully know what the bigger picture is....even if our love is unconditional..reward is coming..

1 Corinthians 2:9 But just as it is written, "Things that no eye has seen, or ear heard, or mind imagined, are the things God has prepared for those who love him."

Thief

Rogue Theologian
This seems to imply unambiguously that the human mind can't fully know what the bigger picture is....even if our love is unconditional..reward is coming..

1 Corinthians 2:9 But just as it is written, "Things that no eye has seen, or ear heard, or mind imagined, are the things God has prepared for those who love him."
which means we will know Him

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yes...but not as a mortal and not dualistically.....
so...I don't have a clue about the Almighty?
and the devil (having known the Presence of God)....would stand better than me before heaven?

if your above statement holds true ..then all of religion, faith and belief is pointless
and we cannot prepare to meet God.

preparation implies some knowledge of what lays ahead

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
so...I don't have a clue about the Almighty?
and the devil (having known the Presence of God)....would stand better than me before heaven?

if your above statement holds true ..then all of religion, faith and belief is pointless
and we cannot prepare to meet God.

preparation implies some knowledge of what lays ahead
Sure...conceptual knowledge has its place...it is like the raft that you build to get to the other side of the river..but having reached the other side..it has served its purpose and is discarded. The meaning of the the word 'religion' is to reunite...the meaning of 'yoga' is union...religion is meant to be a practice to facilitate the realization of God directly...not a conceptual interpretation. You friend thief, are preparing to meet you maker.....when it happens...there will be a uniting of spirit and you will know what and who you really are....and the apparent present separateness will no longer exist....for remember..."no mortal looks upon the face of God and lives".

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Sure...conceptual knowledge has its place...it is like the raft that you build to get to the other side of the river..but having reached the other side..it has served its purpose and is discarded. The meaning of the the word 'religion' is to reunite...the meaning of 'yoga' is union...religion is meant to be a practice to facilitate the realization of God directly...not a conceptual interpretation. You friend thief, are preparing to meet you maker.....when it happens...there will be a uniting of spirit and you will know what and who you really are....and the apparent present separateness will no longer exist....for remember..."no mortal looks upon the face of God and lives".
ooops......I have no religion....

First Baseman

Retired athlete
I believe that God has always existed. So to answer your question "something" has always existed and "nothing" ever did. This is how I interpret Genesis 1:1.

gnostic

The Lost One
I believe that God has always existed. So to answer your question "something" has always existed and "nothing" ever did. This is how I interpret Genesis 1:1.
That's the thing. It is simply an interpretation.

Or more precisely, "your" interpretation.

Everybody has an interpretation regarding to Genesis 1 - theists, atheists and everyone in between...

The problem is that some people treat the bible and the interpretations as fact, when especially those who believe, just have BELIEF, not evidences to support their belief in the creator and creation.

To me, creationism is nothing more than mere superstition and wishful thinking.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Neither "something" nor "nothing" existed until created by G-d who is the First and the Last in the sense we could perceive absolutes. G-d always existed in time and space as we could perceive them in absolute sense, He claims it and gives reasons, none other claims and gives reasons.
Regards

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

Neither "something" nor "nothing" existed until created by G-d who is the First and the Last in the sense we could perceive absolutes. G-d always existed in time and space as we could perceive them in absolute sense, He claims it and gives reasons, none other claims and gives reasons.
Regards
So G-d, according to your understanding, is neither "something" or "nothing"...yes?

Shad

Veteran Member
Well a being is not nothing and so falls into the category a something....a being....yes?

Something is considered an object; the human body, a flower, a tree, a rock, etc. Being is not considered an object; self, consciousness, you, etc. If being is a something/object then God is merely a powerful, but limited, being. The limitation are those which apply to objects; physical, materials, empiricism, etc. It becomes some we can measure. God becomes mundane and transcends nothing. God becomes not God.