• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is highest power of this universe ?

Union jack

From IndiaDivine.org:

"Devi Mahatmyam is an Upapurana in the Markandeya Purana.Composed some
1500 years ago, it is the first comprehensive account of the Goddess
in Sanskrit. It has maintained its centrality in the Saktha tradition
to the present day. The outstanding feature of Devi Mahatmyam is its
vision that the ultimate reality is understood as female, as the
Goddess.

For the first time a new Goddess is created. MAA CHANDI. She is the
central figure in the entire epic. MAHAA KALI, MAHAA LAKSHMI and MAHAA
SARASWATHI are the main Deities in the epic.

One of the most interesting points to be noted is that the Epic
acknowledges all the Gods and Goddesses in the Hindu pantheon. MAA
CHANDI is the combination of the sakthi or power of all the Gods and
Goddesses in the Hindu religion. Thus the epic is unique in the sense
that it is not against Saivism or Vaishnavism.

In the first chapter she is called Vishnu Maya. In the epic it is
Vishnu who slays Madhu and Kaitabha through his Sakthi or Power, which
is Vishnu Maya."

If there be Three, then two against one smacks of a Democratic solution.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Sometimes a combatant has to rely on the discretion of the audience as to whether a point has been gained. But if foolishness pleases..e.t.c.

You're not in combat, though. Some people (such as myself) have trouble catching subtleties. I, in particular, have asperger's syndrome.

chinu

chinu
I've thus far not seen any indication of the contrary. I'm the same way: I can't see things the way they are, only as I am.

Of course, you might be able to see things as they actually are, but thus far, chinu has been pretty lacking when it comes to providing any indication of that.

That's why I still put my money on gravity as being the best contender for a "highest" power in a hypothetical hierarchy of the universe (again, something I've never seen an indication of.) Even still it's debatable, as has been constantly demonstrated.
Friend Riverwolf,

If one is really interested in seeing LOVE, or what LOVE truely is ? its the subject of meditation, rather than understanding it, LOVE is the highest, or not, one can easily decide it afterwards. :)

jtartar

What do you think ? :)

chinu,
There is sabsolutely no question that the most powerful thing in existence is The Almighty God Jehovah's Holy Spirit!!!
Since God is a material being, He uses His powerful Holy Spirit to accomplish anything that He wants to do, Job 42:2, Matt 19:26, Isa 43:13
Just to understand the power of God, Jehovah; His son is a Mighty god, Isa 9:6.
You could take an infinite number of mighty gods and they would be nothing when compared with THe Almighty God. This Almighty God created the heavens, by His power. Since God has lived forever and the Bible says that God has kept working, there is to way we can begin to understand all the things that God has made, Job 26:14. All the things we see are just the fringes of His power and creation.
The only sin that is unforgivable is sin against the Holy Spirit, Matt 12:31,32.
By God sending out His Holy Spirit, anything that He wants accomplished, will be accomplished by the ONE SPIRIT!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Friend Riverwolf,

If one is really interested in seeing LOVE, or what LOVE truely is ? its the subject of meditation, rather than understanding it, LOVE is the highest, or not, one can easily decide it afterwards. :)

The English word "love" refers to an emotion, one only felt by social animals.

If you're talking about something else, call it something else, except in poetry. In a debate, use precise terms.

chinu

chinu
If you're talking about something else, call it something else, except in poetry. In a debate, use precise terms.
Friend Riverwolf,

Whatever it is, further it needs a specific meditation exercise, rather than any debate to know it, thus.. any further debate is useless, because now i think very well you understood all that which one can get from a deabte.

Now, If anything is remained incompleate in this debate, is to work on that meditation exercise, rather than any more debates, thus, FOR YOU i think its the end of debate now. :)