• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is The best country to move to/live in?

Webmaster24

Godisone
Dear All,

I just started this thread to know that what is your choice to move or live in another countries.

My choice is Canada. Because, Opportunities of Jobs, Standard living and life style mulch-cultural and multilingual. Canada is best place to learn about new culture and things & enjoy life with passion and humor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear All,

I just started this thread to know that what is your choice to move or live in another countries.

My choice is Canada. Because, Opportunities of Jobs, Standard living and life style mulch-cultural and multilingual. Canada is best place to learn about new culture and things & enjoy life with passion and humor.

It seems like you are promoting immigration to Canada for you'r job. What other countries have you lived in? You made the statement "Canada is best place to learn about new culture and things & enjoy life with passion and humor" where is the proof to back this up? And also welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Depends what you want in life, and how you define 'best'. I'm in Canada and some days would like to get out. The government is becoming slowly right wing sneaky, we are some of the greatest polluters of the planet and in denial about it, and the winters are ridiculously cold. Some small Pacific Island sounds much better!

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
New Zealand, probably. Australia as a second choice.
Also, Norway or Sweden would be awesome.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I don't think I could stay in Canada for long, it's too damn cold.

Australia or New Zealand might be nice.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Interesting response to an advertisement ... does it show the power of advertising?

Only if we end up paying his company to move us to Canada.

I think it says more about the current crop of members that we can take spam and create a discussion around it.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Pretty smart ad, though, posing a somewhat interesting question, one that any one of us could have done. But I'm so adamant and diligent about not being taken in by the stuff, I automatically posted negative traits about Canada. Still I would be very surprised if he gets any responses (to the ad) and our esteemed moderators may just edit that part out, leaving the question as is.

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon
My choice is Canada. Because, Opportunities of Jobs, Standard living and life style mulch-cultural and multilingual.

I'm moving to Canada. I want the "mulch-cultural lifestyle" assured me by the OP. :D

Probably shouldn't take my container plants with me, though. I'm not sure they'd survive an application of that mulch-culture. [Yes, the bad pun was intended!]

LongGe123

I'd like to chip in a vote for China - any part of it. The mainland offers cheap living, potentially high salaries, good career development, high standards of living in the cities. Hong Kong offers amazing job opportunities, nice climate (but humid), good shopping and nightlife, and cheaper designer stuff if that's what you like. Taiwan offers a better environment for Mandarin (second only to the Northern Mainland), where you can also enjoy a higher degree of freedom. And if you're a gambling whore, Macau is the place for you! Basically, the Greater China region has the whole package....just...if you're on the mainland, don't do anything too....controversial. hahahaha. Seriously though, I've been in Dalian, Beijing and Taizhou over a period of 7 years (all mainland), and have had a really wonderful life here. Very challenging!

nnmartin

of course, choosing a country all depends on your means and aptitudes.

When I see the 'Best Countries to live in Index' type graphs they all just seem so pointless.

Usually the countries are places as mentioned in this thread.

but surely a rich man living in a poor country has a much better life than a poor person in a rich country.

personal wealth is surely one of the major factors.

What good are nice fancy shops when you can't afford anything there?

Fiddler

Lerner
I am a Jew and live in Turkey where putting on a kippah is virtually impossible outside of Kal or home. Forget about mezuzas and/or tzitzits, you cannot even place your name on the door ring,that it is too risky .

However I am happy to live in Turkey where my entire family have spent the last 300 years up today.

mycorrhiza

Sweden.

Will probably be even better after the 2014 election, when we'll hopefully get a better government.

cablescavenger

Depends what you want in life, and how you define 'best'. I'm in Canada and some days would like to get out. The government is becoming slowly right wing sneaky, we are some of the greatest polluters of the planet and in denial about it, and the winters are ridiculously cold. Some small Pacific Island sounds much better!

Something like this?

Hope

Princesinha
Brazil. It has the ideal climate (as long as you're not in the Amazon), fantastic beaches, incredibly lovely people who love to have fun and enjoy life, great food, a beautiful language, a rich and vibrant culture, and, as of now at least, a growing economy.

I've been to Brazil quite a few times, so I know a little at least of which I speak.

tough choice, I'd probably choose somewhere in Africa. Lots of freedom in africa, lots of violence but you can just get a gun and defend yourself. Hell maybe even take over a regime?

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
If you love firearms or have money, the United States.

If you appreciate green herb, the Netherlands or Canada.

If you're looking for job opportunities, Switzerland.