• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which of all churches on earth is the only true church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kepha31

It's a matter of degree. There are 4 divine marks, qualities, attributes or characteristics that are found in all churches, some are missing parts of each, some are missing enire "marks". The real question is: does your church has the evidence of having the fulness of all four, and if it doesn't, is it any less of a church? If your church is a means of salvation and grace, it really doesn't matter all that much at the end of the day. Just because I am approaching this question with a Catholic premise does not mean I am an exclusivist. The four marks of God are:

One
Holy
Universal
Apostolic

Each one of these attributes needs to be unpacked. And the OP needs clarification. Teaching "absolute true principles of Christ" requires doctrinal infallibility. (i.e. "...he who hears YOU [Apostles and successors] hears Me..." There are lots of churches that have lots of infallible doctrines (i.e. Jesus is God) but remember that infallibility is a negative charism; a prevention from teaching error. It is related to the first 2 marks.

earlwooters

Not all churches can be the true church, due to the extreme differences between some of them. They can't all be right, but they can all be wrong.

earlwooters

I thought every church declared that. How could you get anybody to go to your church if you told them that it was not the true church?

docwholladay

studied any and what would you look for to distinguish which ones were not telling the truth? from the one telling the truth?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Who says any church is telling any "truth"? None can verify any of it as fact. Merely opinion. We all have opinions. "Truth" is subjective at best. Therefore, in that light, we all have whatever "truth" we were meant to have.

Rakhel

My aunt was quite found of the Mormons. Then she started abusing her dying older sister. Hmmmmm

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Well, lets do our math...

All religions can't be right,

But all but one religious people can't be lying...

Thus the truth is unknown, but the truth can be thought of, and I think that Sun Worshiping is the right church.

Or do you mean church as in Christianity? If so, same thing, the truth is unknown.

SarahRuth

All churches believe that they are the true church. Whether they are or not cannot be proven. If it was provable that one particular church was true... we'd all be going to that church!

Status
Not open for further replies.