• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which One do you think is more faithful and loyal ?

chinu

chinu
There are two kind of persons.

1st: The one who believe in the existence of God
2nd: Who Doesn't believe in the existence of God.

Which One do you think is more faithful and loyal towards others and why ? :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

The second. He knows that there is no Higher Power protecting us, and therefore that is our own duty and need.

Thana

Lady
Neither, Either, Both.

I don't think one's Theism or lack thereof affects whether or not one is faithful or loyal. :shrug:

Sabour

The first.

If the person has no intention to do good, believing that God exists would prevent him from doing bad things towards people for his knowledge that God exists and he will be accountable for all his actions.

If the person has the intention to do good, believing that God exists would take this intention to a much higher level because he knows that he would be rewarded for every single good deed he goes.

Let's not forget that all religions are about peace and loving each other.

So believing in God brings out the best of us, no matter who we are.

chinu

chinu
The second. He knows that there is no Higher Power protecting us, and therefore that is our own duty and need.
Even if, suppose you are an employer and you have to choose from two such kind of your employees to tell some of your company secrets ? :)

chinu

chinu
Neither, Either, Both.

I don't think one's Theism or lack thereof affects whether or not one is faithful or loyal. :shrug:
What if, suppose you are an employer and you have to choose from two such kind of your employees to tell some of your company secrets, than which one will you prefer more, Jane? :)

chinu

chinu
The first.

If the person has no intention to do good, believing that God exists would prevent him from doing bad things towards people for his knowledge that God exists and he will be accountable for all his actions.

If the person has the intention to do good, believing that God exists would take this intention to a much higher level because he knows that he would be rewarded for every single good deed he goes.

Thanks for your input. :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Even if, suppose you are an employer and you have to choose from two such kind of your employees to tell some of your company secrets ? :)

The second.

Mind you, if that is the one and only piece of information I have about the two people.

Ultimately it is a very minor thing in and of itself, but still, your premise is that I must choose going by that alone.

Thana

Lady
What if, suppose you are an employer and you have to choose from two such kind of your employees to tell some of your company secrets, than which one will you prefer more, Jane? :)

Well.. If I'm going to be completely honest.. I'd choose the Theist.
I irrationally expect more from a Theist.
It's a frustrating and detrimental stereotype.

edwinic

I would not trust it to someone who may potentialy divulge it to his Pastor, Priest, Imam or Rabbi.

chinu

chinu
The second.

Mind you, if that is the one and only piece of information I have about the two people.

Ultimately it is a very minor thing in and of itself, but still, your premise is that I must choose going by that alone.
But, what made you to choose the second one ?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

That is something I just can't bring myself to believe. A person who has no intention to do good is an ill person.

Belief in God will not make him or her any less of an ill person, at least directly.

It may well lead the person into environment with better encouragement and healthier company, however. That may well be helpful.

Belief in God in and of itself, though? Hardly.

Such a person is far more likely to interpret God in a way to justify his or her worst behaviors than to somehow improve out of belief in God.

That, too, sounds unlikely or at least unconvincing. It amounts to saying that a self-interested motivation is morally more productive than an altruistic one.

When wisely practiced that is true. Not always, alas.

Uh, sorry, that is simply not at all true.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
But, what made you to choose the second one ?

To be brutally honest, sight unseen I have a higher worry about the moral standards and degree of discernment of theists.

Belief in God is often very ok and may be even necessary for the proper moral development of many people.

However, for so many people it ends up being "third-partying" several important personal responsibilities that it is sad.

People's self-assessment as theists or atheists may on occasion be confused or confusing, but still, going blindly I would assume an atheist to feel responsible for his own behavior and to be ready to live with the consequences.

I would not assume the same of a generic Theist.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
What if, suppose you are an employer and you have to choose from two such kind of your employees to tell some of your company secrets, than which one will you prefer more ? :)

That would not be the deciding factor. Some other aspect would be.