• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religion do you follow?

What is your faith?

• Christianity

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Islam

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Judaism

• Baha'i

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Buddhism

• Taoism

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Paganism/Neo-paganism

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • None/Not applicable

Votes: 9 10.8%

• Total voters

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I started out in an indepentant non-denominatioal fundamentalist Bible-believing church. I switched to a non-independant non-denominational fundamentalist Bible-believing church because they had a better kids program for my daughter. I classify myself as a narrow-minded fundamentalist.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
sandy whitelinger said:
I thought Taoism is a philosophy.
I'd say it's a philosophy as much as Buddhism is. Though philosophical Taoism and religious Taoism are two different entities.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
sandy whitelinger said:
I'd say it's a philosophy as much as Buddhism is. Though philosophical Taoism and religious Taoism are two different entities.

Paraprakrti

Custom User
I aspire to follow the Vaishnava tradition of the Brahma-Madhva-Gaudiya Sampradaya. In the west this has become popularly known as the "Hare Krishna movement".

Booko

Deviled Hen
sandy whitelinger said:
One of the characteristics of Chinese (and other Far Eastern) religion is that they don't make it an either/or thing like we do in the West.

It's no contradiction for someone from this part of the world to practice Buddhism and Taoism and Confucianism in combination.

ΩRôghênΩ

Disciple of Light
I folow a unique Christian Mystical path, ebleieving in an ultimate universal spirit of this universe made up of total eternal spiritual light. Christ was not a jewish man, he was rather a savior of this universe. YHWH was not god of the jews, but rather a good of the universe who chose the jeish people to carry out a certain task. I will call myself christian, but my relgiion is more uniqure than anything. its much more complicated than that as well.

Zephyr

Moved on
I suppose I should mark "pagan", but maybe "other" would fit as well, but I'm also an agnostic. You can just call me a good old heathen.

Master Vigil

Booko said:
One of the characteristics of Chinese (and other Far Eastern) religion is that they don't make it an either/or thing like we do in the West.

It's no contradiction for someone from this part of the world to practice Buddhism and Taoism and Confucianism in combination.
Precisely, and you can also add christianity to that mix as well.

groovyable

Am searching... JW/Buddhist, i practice Christianity (study the Bible with an Elder, plus i read it at home, i attend Sunday service + Memorial)plus i live my life as a Christian, i do believe in most Christianity teachings. Yet i still have an interest with Buddhism, reading Buddhist litriture but thats as far as i go with Buddhism. i use to meditate too... i havent been brought up in a religious family so they dont really have any influence on me which i find very good, because i dont have any pressure by my parents. Am basically still searching, maybe one day i'l just flip a coin.

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
I consider myself a [mutable] Universalist Friend (Quaker), affiliated with the Religious Society of Friends, and Unitarian Universalism.