• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religion has the best fruit?

ppp

I am not going anywhere. I don't do demands.
Poor phrasing on my part. My apologies. What I mean is that I am not interested in your attestations of God. Your bald opinion means nothing to me. You inability or unwillingness to answer my question make you unworthy of my continued attention.

servant1

Poor phrasing on my part. My apologies. What I mean is that I am not interested in your attestations of God. Your bald opinion means nothing to me. You inability or unwillingness to answer my question make you unworthy of my continued attention.
Thats ok. Its YOU talking to me, but then you say you are not interested? One of those is false an untruth. So please tell us which it is?

ppp

Thats ok. Its YOU talking to me, but then you say you are not interested? One of those is false an untruth. So please tell us which it is?
Yes. I am talking to you and telling you what I am interested in from you, and what I am not interested in from you. Somethings from you are interesting. Some things from you are interesting. This should not be hard to grasp.

servant1

Yes. I am talking to you and telling you what I am interested in from you, and what I am not interested in from you. Somethings from you are interesting. Some things from you are interesting. This should not be hard to grasp.
I stand for Gods truth always, liked or unliked i will not change it. You are not the only one in a 2 way conversation.

ppp

I stand for Gods truth always, liked or unliked i will not change it. You are not the only one in a 2 way conversation.
You can do what you want. I just don't care what you have to say when you cannot be stand up enough to answer the question asked.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
A being that is actually capable of doing anything is capable of creating a world without suffering. A being that is actually capable of doing anything is capable of creating a word with only joy and meh. Which means that if such a being created this world then the suffering was an intentional choice. Just like the joy and the meh and the everything else.
Yes, intentional. Cause and effect. It is a primary law of nature and mankind is merely a spec. The reason our universe works on cause and effect? The reason we have the level if gravity that we have? The reason we are supporting life in the planetary position of our sphere? All mysteries of our reality that we must learn to accept and rise above the drudgery and shine in the wonders that balance it all out as a pretty darn good place to be most of the time if OUR intentions are in the right place.

ppp

Yes, intentional. Cause and effect. It is a primary law of nature and mankind is merely a spec. The reason our universe works on cause and effect? The reason we have the level if gravity that we have? The reason we are supporting life in the planetary position of our sphere? All mysteries of our reality that we must learn to accept and rise above the drudgery and shine in the wonders that balance it all out as a pretty darn good place to be most of the time if OUR intentions are in the right place.
I assume that you think you are being responsive, but I do not know why. I will repeat myself. Any omnipotent being who would create a universe where suffering is an outcome of a choice is an evil being.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I assume that you think you are being responsive, but I do not know why. I will repeat myself. Any omnipotent being who would create a universe where suffering is an outcome of a choice is an evil being.
I am being responsive
Look to Genesis and note that everything God made was GOOD.
Do other living things recognize "evil"? Does a field mouse view the hawk flying down on him as "evil"? Does he view the automobile that just squashed his mate "evil"? No.
"Evil" is a human concept.

idea

Question Everything
I am being responsive
Look to Genesis and note that everything God made was GOOD.
Do other living things recognize "evil"? Does a field mouse view the hawk flying down on him as "evil"? Does he view the automobile that just squashed his mate "evil"? No.
"Evil" is a human concept.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

In the fairy tales "God" isn't just the creator of good, but of everything including evil.

I define evil as that which hurts, lies, takes advantage, and purposeful intentional thoughtfully malicious.

Things like cancer are not evil, just laws if nature.

Things like religious groups are evil, claiming their fruit is good when it is poison, stealing, lies about charity, pedophiles, prideful, manipulative, power-hungry..

Power corrupts. No one comes into power except by pushing others down. The higher up they are, the more evil they are. The greatest among us I do believe are the poor, the meek, servants, those who lift others up, volunteer their time, charge less than they should - the best fruits, friendships, people - those at the bottom.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
A being that is actually capable of doing anything is capable of creating a world without suffering. A being that is actually capable of doing anything is capable of creating a word with only joy and meh. Which means that if such a being created this world then the suffering was an intentional choice. Just like the joy and the meh and the everything else.
I do not deny that it was an intentional choice for God to create a world that has the potential for suffering.

So what if God could have created a world without suffering?
Do you know more than an all-knowing God regarding how to create a world?