• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Religion would you be if any besides your own?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
*Warning: Dune reference*

A Bene Gesserit. probably in the arm of Missionaria Protectiva.

Missionaria Protectiva
The Bene Gesserit practice "religious engineering" through a faction called the Missionaria Protectiva, which spreads contrived myths, prophecies and superstition (collectively known as Panoplia Prophetica) among the populations of the Empire. A Bene Gesserit may then later take advantage of the prophecies, casting herself as a guide, protector, or some other figure in fulfillment of the prophecy, in order to manipulate the religious subjects for protection or other purposes. These myths also exploit religion as a powerful force in human society; by controlling the particulars of religion, the Bene Gesserit have a manipulative lever on society in general.
In Dune, Jessica and Paul take refuge among the Fremen after the attack on House Atreides. With his mother's guidance, Paul is able to make use of the planted myths by claiming to be Mahdi, a messianic figure from legendary material planted among the Fremen by the Missionaria Protectiva. That the Mahdi legend has been planted on Dune indicates to Jessica that conditions on Dune are truly awful, since this legend is reserved for only the harshest environments where a Bene Gesserit would need the maximum advantage over surrounding influences. Paul's meteoric rise to power is greatly facilitated by his association with the Mahdi legend.
The Missionaria is also used in much more ambitious ways. The Bene Gesserit employ it to prepare the entire Empire for its Kwisatz Haderach. Later, there are plans to unite the Old Empire under the Bene Gesserit against the forces of the Scattering. The plan is to use Reverend Mother Sheeana's ability to control the great sandworms to become a direct religious force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bene_Gesserit#Missionaria_Protectiva

Last edited:

Ordeet

I'm mostly secular/non-religious. I grew up around Hindu culture, though. I might consider Buddhism as it is very similar to Hinduism in some ways.

I also strongly admire Judaism, the Jewish people, and the country of Israel, however.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Probably a more specific LHP religion. Either ToS or a stronger adherence to Luciferianism.

Circle_One

I am whole-heartedly Kemetic Reconstructionist, but if, for some reason, I couldn't be, I'd choose something LHP, I gather.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Oh yeah I forgot about Jedi Master! Although, since I lean more toward Tantra far as eastern thought goes, I'd probably be a Sith Lord.

GabrielWithoutWings

I would be the original religion I came from Roman Catholic, I would be the most militant, cleanse the world with a crusifix and a shotgun catholic, you ever did see.

That'd fit your avatar. You should just go ahead and worship Sigmar. :D

I'm not sure. I grew up with both Norse and Greek myths, but the Greek gods never appealed to me as much as the Norse gods, and I don't really know why.

It's the liquor and red meat.

:drunk:

Last edited:

GabrielWithoutWings

I go through phases of interest, belief and disbelief. I'd probably just settle on one and stick with it.

I have a soft-spot in my heart for the Abrahamic religions. I'm drawn to Middle Eastern / Mediterranean beliefs for some reason. I'm currently exploring Kemetic beliefs.

Rainbow Mage

I go through phases of interest, belief and disbelief. I'd probably just settle on one and stick with it.

I have a soft-spot in my heart for the Abrahamic religions. I'm drawn to Middle Eastern / Mediterranean beliefs for some reason. I'm currently exploring Kemetic beliefs.

Perhaps you'd be interested in pre-Islamic Arab Paganism?

Rainbow Mage

Onkarah no, I suggested it because Gabriel said he was interested in the Middle East. The only possible similarity might be that some speculate Al-Uzza the moon goddess is Aset/Isis. People also speculate she's Diana and Artemis.

Onkara

Onkarah no, I suggested it because Gabriel said he was interested in the Middle East. The only possible similarity might be that some speculate Al-Uzza the moon goddess is Aset/Isis. People also speculate she's Diana and Artemis.
Thanks for clarifying. It caught my attention :)

GabrielWithoutWings

Perhaps you'd be interested in pre-Islamic Arab Paganism?

It's tempting, but I'm more interested in the Secret of the Two Partners.

I have this soft spot for both Jesus and Satan in the Abrahamic religions and lo and behold, here it is in an earlier format.

Why do you think I'm asking you so many Kemetic questions?