• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religion's God is the most superior than all the other religion's God?

• My religion's God is the most superior.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • All the different Gods from different religions is all equally superior.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I've no answer for this question but would like to know the true answer.

• I've no answer for this question and have no interests to know the true answer.

• It's impossible to know which religion's God is the most superior.

• Other answer.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No any religion's God is more superior than any other religion's God.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Different religion/belief/believer will have different answer, because their standard for God vary.

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Pudding

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
They have to be ''ruled out'', as fictional. So, it is more like a question mark. They may or may not be fictional. Many deities do appear fictional to me, yes.

I don't see how labeling something as fictional rules anything out at all. A god is simply that which one deems worthy of worship, or something sacred and valued one respects, honors, and gives thanks to. Whether or not it exists in the apparent reality or the otherworlds (i.e., "fiction" or imagination or idea) is kind of irrelevant, isn't it?

At any rate, I feel assessing the gods with some sort of competition to be a rather misguided approach to approaching one's gods. If one only deems something worthy of worship - of respect, gratitude, and celebration - because it is the "best" at something, that strikes me as a set up for some rather unhealthy approaches to relationships in general. If one is doing that, something is only deemed worthy by measuring it up to something other than itself, which means one is failing to appreciate the intrinsic value of that thing for what it is. S
eems wiser to me for us to be accepting things on their own merits, or by intrinsic value. But I'm a pretty strong believer in declaring all things to have equal intrinsic value, so quite obviously I would regard transforming worthiness into a competition troubling. Such an approach is antithetical to the notion of intrinsic value.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Do you mean "no any religion's God is more superior than any other religion's God" ?
This should be a good alternative option to the poll.
No, I mean that it is a mistake to make a god too significant in one's religious practice.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
'Religions' don't define Deities. Different religions can even have the same deity or deities.

Have a nice day.
On the other hand, deities that are nominally the same seem to vary quite a lot from one person to the next, and probably also from one moment in time to the other - even for the same person.

I don't think that is a problem, as long as we realize that it happens and adjust accordingly.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
In every case it is the same God that is being perceived?

According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world.
List of religions and spiritual traditions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You mean all the different God from that 4,200 religions in the world is all one same God?

So you believe that there are 4,200 different Gods

More likely to be just one Creator God, with 4,200 different ways to worship him.
The universe, as we all now know it, can only have been created once

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate

More likely to be just one Creator God, with 4,200 different ways to worship him.

I'd agree with that, though there is a pretty big drop off after the first one !

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
This silly poll is like asking which soda pop is the mostest, bestest, ev'ah. Seriously?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

"the most superior" is define as:
- the most special and unique
- the most morally correct
- the most real in the existence
- the most powerful in ability to do anything
- the most benevolent
- the most perfect and have no flaw

If you have a different definition for "the most superior", you can revise it to fit your situation.
(Edit)
I see this whole question as an implied put down of the perceived competing gods thinking which has pretty well died out with modernity. And from this we are supposed to see how believing in one of many claimed gods is arbitrary and silly. How tiring to hear this again.

Pudding

No, I mean that it is a mistake to make a god too significant in one's religious practice.
I see, you mean that the religion of "any atheistic ones" which do not worship any god, is a better option than those religion which make a god too significant in one's religious practice?

No, i don't believe in any Gods, but many people believe many different Gods, and some claims that their religion's God is the first creator.

You mean all the 4,200 different religion is all worship the same one true first Creator God, with 4,200 different ways to worship him? Many different religion's God's moral/law is contradict with the other one, how can all of them be the same one true first Creator God?

The universe can only have been created once, and all by only one first creator? It's a possible scenario. But other possible scenario also exist, like various creator create various different universe separately; or various creator work together to create one universe or all universe; or other mystery answer we don't know yet. The issue is some different religion claims that only their creator create all universe or this universe which we're locate in, and all other religion's creator doesn't create any universe, and tell everyone must follow their creator or else receive punishment.

Pudding

This silly poll is like asking which soda pop is the mostest, bestest, ev'ah. Seriously?
You see, the poll get various different option, and not all people choose the same answer that only their religion's God is the most superior God, how is your metaphor support that the poll is silly?

I see this whole question as an implied put down of the perceived competing gods thinking which has pretty well died out with modernity. And from this we are supposed to see how believing in one of many claimed gods is arbitrary and silly. How tiring to hear this again.
Do you mean, believe in one of any claimed gods which has pretty well died out with and unpopular in mordernity society, is arbitrary and silly?

Or do you mean, believe in one of any claimed gods which has still popular in mordernity society, is arbitrary and silly?

Or both?

Thanks for reply, If your religion is Islam, then your answer is compatible to the first option in the poll.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I see, you mean that the religion of "any atheistic ones" which do not worship any god, is a better option than those religion which make a god too significant in one's religious practice?

I'm not sure I understand this question, but I do know that I don't think it is ever better to rely on belief in god's existence. Such a belief is something to be accepted as natural, sometimes as personally important, never as desirable or reliable.

Pudding

I'm not sure I understand this question, but I do know that I don't think it is ever better to rely on belief in god's existence. Such a belief is something to be accepted as natural, sometimes as personally important, never as desirable or reliable.
Some believer may say their belief in their god's existence maybe is accepted as natural(nature as it's easy that first they have faith and then their god enlightening them their god's existence), and they think this belief is personally important to themself but also important to others non-believer, and they may say it's because they sincerely desirable for their god's to help them that make them believe in their god first which then make their God enlighten them their god's existence, and their belief in their god's existence then become reliable.