• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which statement is more likely to be true:

Do humans know what created existence?

• Yes, humans know what created existence.

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • No, human do not know what created existence.

Votes: 37 77.1%

• Total voters

Bereanz

He didn't create this post I'm writing right now. And if he really does exist, he better not try to take credit for my novel I'm currently working on. It is a piece of speculative fiction heavily influenced by Charles Dickens and Victor Hugo, but it is solely my product, produced from many late-night composition sessions under the stresses and strains of my own anxieties, creative urges and explicit demands for quality.

If he exists, God can take credit for the planets, the Grand Canyon, kaola bears and whatever other creations are solely his, but you, sir, are wrong when you write that god almighty created everything. You may consider it 'pride', but it is damn well deserved -- there are a few things I did on my own.

I think Masonic freemasonry have taken credit for building the Grand Canyon, one just has to check out the map and the names of all the destinations around the area to see that. ;) Oh, but if he exists, perhaps he gave you your creativity, your brain, your fingers, your eyes. No? Oh alright then have it your way SIR!

Last edited:

Jeremiah

I'm not even sure whether "what created existence" is a valid concept in the first place. It seems to me that it assumes the existence of a "what" prior to existence coming into existence. I see a number of logical problems with this.

If existence can not be said to have been created, the clearly humans do not know what created existence. They do not possess that knowledge and they never will, as that knowledge would does not exist.

ellenjanuary

None of the above. Everything is a matter of energy changing form. From energy to matter, from matter to chemistry, to biology; to the evolution of awareness from the cinders of exploded stars, that is what we are. Creation need not apply. ;)

Jeremiah

None of the above. Everything is a matter of energy changing form. From energy to matter, from matter to chemistry, to biology; to the evolution of awareness from the cinders of exploded stars, that is what we are. Creation need not apply. ;)

I was not asking what we are.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If existence can not be said to have been created, the clearly humans do not know what created existence. They do not possess that knowledge and they never will, as that knowledge would does not exist.
There's still an inherent assumption in the question, and responding to it implies an assent to that assumption. Do you know who gave you your unicorn?

And not only that, but as I tried to point out before, I don't think that "what created existence" is a logically coherent idea. In that case, the original question becomes something like "do you know (jumble jumble jumble)?" The only valid response to this is "I don't know", not "yes" or "no".

Bereanz

I thought we were islands in the stream ;)

PennyKay

Physicist
We don't know what ignited the 'big bang' and the existence of everything we know, nor are we 100% certain that the 'big bang' theory is the correct one. It is however, the theory that has stood the test of time the longest.

The same goes for all religions, none who claims a God or higher power created everything, actually knows as a fact that it did.

We all have our theories or thoughts, some scientific, some religious, but nobody knows what actually ignited the existence of everything for a fact, no scientist, no priest, nobody can clam that they know definitely what created existence.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute?
"How wude!"
tf88_JarJar.jpg

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
I think Masonic freemasonry have taken credit for building the Grand Canyon, one just has to check out the map and the names of all the destinations around the area to see that. ;) Oh, but if he exists, perhaps he gave you your creativity, your brain, your fingers, your eyes. No? Oh alright then have it your way SIR!

He may have given me these tools, but he didn't compose the work. As a matter of fact, I don't recall that his big holy arse ever even offered to help with plot development, structural arrangement or mechanical revisions.

So, if some people want to get swept away in religious, poetic fervor and claim that the 'almighty' created absolutely everything, I'm gonna call 'bull****e', SIR!!

Bereanz

We don't know what ignited the 'big bang' and the existence of everything we know, nor are we 100% certain that the 'big bang' theory is the correct one. It is however, the theory that has stood the test of time the longest.

The same goes for all religions, none who claims a God or higher power created everything, actually knows as a fact that it did.

We all have our theories or thoughts, some scientific, some religious, but nobody knows what actually ignited the existence of everything for a fact, no scientist, no priest, nobody can clam that they know definitely what created existence.

That the bible is a divinely inspired/supernaturally God given book has not been refuted (it's stood the test of time better than any other man made theory), until it has been refuted beyond all cavil we can not deny the fact that God has told us what happened and how He created the universe. Science has yet to refute Holy write, on the contrary. The bible also states that we are without excuse, in other word it's inexcusable to plead ignornace or play dumb.

Bereanz

He may have given me these tools, but he didn't compose the work. As a matter of fact, I don't recall that his big holy arse ever even offered to help with plot development, structural arrangement or mechanical revisions.

So, if some people want to get swept away in religious, poetic fervor and claim that the 'almighty' created absolutely everything, I'm gonna call 'bull****e', SIR!!

Actually he probably didnt give you "these tools" now that I come to think of it. That he didn't compose the work... well, no argument on that front here, thats irrefutable! But perhaps you would enjoy a "The sun shines of out of my unholy arse because I'm a wanna be author" forum more, because in places like this your gonna come up against people who are get swept away with religion. Go figure!!

PS: I wrote that! - Good Huh?

Last edited: