• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which statement is more likely to be true:

Do humans know what created existence?

• Yes, humans know what created existence.

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • No, human do not know what created existence.

Votes: 37 77.1%

• Total voters

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Is there an entire field of mathematics called "close but no cigar" too? :D The keys to the Kingdom where handed to Satan, by none other than us.
I meant God's cryptographic public key. If He had one, you could irrefutably prove that He wrote the Bible. :D

What you call "binary" I call absolute: the state of something being is either true or false. But it's also true that something can be stateless.
But certain questions must always be answered "Yes" or "No." "Does X exist?" is one such question. It doesn't make any sense for that question to have anything other than a yes/no answer.

If you going to blame God for all the human deaths in the bible, you may wish to raise you 2,million figure a little.
He's only blaming God for those directly killed by the flood He instigated, and the wars He directly ordered. Which still ranks anywhere from 1.5 to 2 Hitlers.

Jeremiah

If you can hold the idea of an omnimax god in your mind's eye, then you've got a better imagination than I do.

I can individually comprehend the meanings of all the terms used to describe such a god, but not the thing as a whole. In this regard, it's exactly the same as a square circle for me.

Hmm. It's hard for me to say what would be the best term to avoid confusion, since I'm still not entirely sure of what you're going for with "existence".

And then, if they think it through, they'll realize that the existence of God implies the existence of existence, and that even God can't "create" something that already exists.

I'm actually just trying to figure out what you mean. So far, I haven't gotten the sense that your original question is anything more than a bunch of impressive-sounding terms thrown together.

So then, if I propose an infinite that conflicts with your idea of the infinite, you'll accept it without asking me for evidence?

"If you can hold the idea of an omnimax god in your mind's eye, then you've got a better imagination than I do."

And why shouldn't I be able to hold an imaginary concept and an imagery being in my imagination? They are almost entirely imaginary constructs, which, unlike geometric shapes, have no defining objective presences. I don't really feel that your comparison is valid.

"So far, I haven't gotten the sense that your original question is anything more than a bunch of impressive-sounding terms thrown together."

Really? The question in the poll?

"And then, if they think it through, they'll realize that the existence of God implies the existence of existence, and that even God can't "create" something that already exists."

I agree, but then again if they thought it through then they wound not even believe in gods.

From the beginning I said the same thing you have been preaching to me,..

There is the something can't come from nothing argument, but then that is a stupid argument. Which does not explain anything but only unnecessarily expands the borders of existence.

But I told you that this mostly an inquiry into human knowledge, it just got side tracked a bit. Which is OK.

Last edited:

Bereanz

speed of light, yes, but speed itself, no

thats like saying that the capacity of a 5-gallon bucket is finite.

you speak of a certain amount or measurement not the limits of the root subject.

time can be limited and measured within constraints, but in and of itself is infinite.
The reason no one has ever counted to infinity is becuase its infinitly impossible which, by wrote, proves the infinite possibilties of infinity. Let's keep it real. Im not even a mathematician and even I know if I started counting, and if I lived forever, I could count forever and ever and never, ever be finished counting I.E. INFINITY.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Well, if you counted for literally forever, of course you'd reach infinity. You're counting forever, after all.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
But certain questions must always be answered "Yes" or "No." "Does X exist?" is one such question. It doesn't make any sense for that question to have anything other than a yes/no answer.
"Yes or no" is an affirmation of "true or false." My response stands.