• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"White pride"

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

And how did the dark skin disappear?

Adaptation; it wasn't necessary anymore.There are some things the body will jettison if it's too resource-expensive and not needed. Take muscle... muscle is the first tissue to be jettisoned by the body if it's not used. Muscle is very hungry tissue and expensive to maintain, especially when not being used and/or when food is scarce. The body will keep only the minimum. Melanin is not needed at high latitudes where there is less sunlight, and the body is covered with more clothing. The body stops producing it.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
In an idealistic and Utopian society, I would prefer that there were less Nordic people, given that I live in a Mediterranean island.
and in an idealistic and Utopian Scandinavia, it would be more logical to have all Nordic people

You do realize that almost all of the fortresses and cathedrals in Sicily were built by the Normans, who are non-different from the Norse, aka Vikings? Sicily and southern Italy were held by the Normans as part of the Norman empire for several hundred years, not to mention a few hundred years of Vandal (Germanics) occupation. Only about 35% of Sicilians carry the "indigenous" Elymian, Sicel and Sicanian DNA from the original immigrants to Sicily from the eastern Mediterranean and Near East. About 40% of Sicilians are of Germanic descent. The rest are smatterings of Greeks, Romans, Berbers, Phoenicians and Carthaginians (Carthage was a Phoenician settlement), Spaniards, Elymians, and Arabs: Sicilian DNA haplogroups.

Viking Power!!! :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
that's probably the reason why I can't find a boyfriend given that my type is dark-haired

Yeah, you'd have to look further east. Israeli, Iranian, Iraqi and other Near East, south and southwest Asian men are hot. ;)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Mistaking "Germanic Decent" for "Hitler's Aryan Ideal" or "Norse"

My Germanicly descended family is all dark haired.

Good point.

Hitler was not a geneticist.

For sure... this why physical appearance is no indicator of genetic origin. If the PIE hypothesis (maybe it's a theory at this point) is valid, then dark-haired Proto-Indoeuropeans could have certainly migrated to the north and west of Europe, where certain genes and combinations still express. Not all Scandinavians are blond-haired and blue-eyed. To that end, because my (allegedly) Sicilian and southern Italian family has fair complexions, auburn, blond and reddish hair, blue eyes, I am planning on having a 23andMe DNA test done to settle my family's origins once and for all.

Faybull

For sure... this why physical appearance is no indicator of genetic origin. If the PIE hypothesis (maybe it's a theory at this point) is valid, then dark-haired Proto-Indoeuropeans could have certainly migrated to the north and west of Europe, where certain genes and combinations still express. Not all Scandinavians are blond-haired and blue-eyed. To that end, because my (allegedly) Sicilian and southern Italian family has fair complexions, auburn, blond and reddish hair, blue eyes, I am planning on having a 23andMe DNA test done to settle my family's origins once and for all.
I have been thinking that as well, that 23andMe thingy. I came across a group that is doing a test such as that but it is my surname specific, "Nobles". Came across it on the internet and thought it strange but figured I would give it a go...

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I have been thinking that as well, that 23andMe thingy. I came across a group that is doing a test such as that but it is my surname specific, "Nobles". Came across it on the internet and thought it strange but figured I would give it a go...

What prompted my interest was a conversation with, oddly enough, the manager of a local health store. When I said I'm of Italian and Sicilian descent he said no I'm not, but rather, northern European. Additionally my last name is an occupational title from Latin, but taken by a Norman knight. Now it's possible that my name came directly down from Italy, or it came to Sicily with the Normans. Hence my curiosity. Oddly, no one can find any records in Sicily of my ancestors before my paternal grandfather. No one even knows who his father was, or anything about my grandmother. Rather than knowing my family tree, I'm more interested in knowing my genetic origins. All I can say of my immediate ancestors in the past 150 - 200 years is that they were most likely laborers, day workers and country folk. Hence the lack of records.