• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Second Coming of Jesus? Is it literally Jesus himself? Or Mirza Ghulam Ahmad?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"There was a severe famine in the land of Canaan, so that Abram and Lot and their households, traveled south to Egypt. On the way Abram told his wife Sarai to say that she was his sister, so that the Egyptians would not kill him. (Genesis 12:10–13) When they entered Egypt, the princes of Pharaoh praised Sarai's beauty to Pharaoh, and she was taken into his palace, and Abram was given provisions: "oxen, and he-asses, and menservants, and maidservants, and she-asses, and camels"." Abraham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nice Story.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Many Christian and Muslims believe that signs of the latter-days have manifest or at least started to manifest. Most of the Christians and Muslims believe at some point Jesus will literally descend himself from the heavens. Adherents of the Ahmadiyya Movement in Islam assert that their founder Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is the allegorical second coming of Jesus according to prophecies in the Gospels, Quran and Islamic literature. Mainstream Christians and Muslims would disagree.

I believe we have information from the Bible that Jesus will return as Himself and He personally discounts all other claims in Mat 24.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Correct, they do hold tightly, but with many prophecies on the second coming of Christ being fulfilled as we speak and Christ not appearing according to their notions, in time this hold will begin to dissipate. I have spoken to many Muslims who have openly abandoned the belief that Jesus (pbuh) is to return. Islamic scholars like Javed A Ghamedi now openly advocate that no one is to come. Jews also cling to the belief that Elijah and Messiah will eventually come but for them it is now 3,000 years on and still nothing.

But things change, just like they did when Christianity and Islam established themselves as major religions.

Btw, if you are of the Hindu persuasion then same goes for the Kalki Avataar of Sri Krishan-- he said that he will return during the kaali yurg, which many believe is occurring now.

I believe the Apostle Peter mentioned that there would be scoffers saying "where is the promise of His coming?"

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus died a natural death like Moses.
There is no possibility for Jesus to come again literally and physically.
Regards

I believe the evidence contradicts this statement.

I believe your conclusion is false becasue your premise is false.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Jesus died a natural death like Moses.

Don't you believe that Jesus was a prophet like Moses? Moses died a natural death so must Jesus.

Regards

ameraz1

Amer

Kindly refrain from making comments unless you have substance to illustrate what evidence you are alluding to and offer some level of argument on your conclusions.