• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is/was our ancestor in the begining ?

chinu

chinu
It's not about the English word. (Your English is fine, BTW. Not perfect, but I can understand you just fine. Dirt and soil are the same thing, essentially.) It's about the substance.

Here's a hint: dirt is not a single thing.
You mean, I would have used the used the word 'Soil" ? :)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Than, what's that worry, that you are trying to point out ? Riverwolf :)

Dirt isn't one thing. Neither, as it turns out, is water.

That's the reason why the classical elements no longer apply in modern science: turns out they can be broken down further into even more subtle elements. Nowadays, the classical elements really aren't elements at all, but rather the states of matter (solid=earth, liquid=water, gas=air, plasma=fire...sort of.)

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Actually we 'devolved' from creatures of Light and Life who-being able to foresee the future-packed up and left after realizing that they would never be able to compete with the internet. Man would just continue to grow dumb and numb.

chinu

chinu
Dirt isn't one thing. Neither, as it turns out, is water.

That's the reason why the classical elements no longer apply in modern science: turns out they can be broken down further into even more subtle elements. Nowadays, the classical elements really aren't elements at all, but rather the states of matter (solid=earth, liquid=water, gas=air, plasma=fire...sort of.)
Ok, you can consider them as Solid, Liquid, Temperature( Hot, Cold ), Gas, Space.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Ok, you can consider them as Solid, Liquid, Temperature( Hot, Cold ), Gas, Space.

No, temperature is not one of them, and neither is space.

Just solid, liquid, gas, and plasma.

Temperature is the controller of the first three (I don't know how plasma plays into them, as I'm not a chemist.) Space in this regard is a lack of any particles.

To think of these as identical in concept to the classical elements is to misunderstand them, albeit an easy misunderstanding to fall into. Elements are the physical things which can have any one of the four states depending on their levels of energy. ("Space" in this regard would mean a lack of said element.)

outhouse

Atheistically
:) IMO,
If it is possible for humans species to have been upgraded from monkeys, than it is possible for monkeys to have been upgraded from other animals species.

If it is possible for monkeys to have been upgraded from animals, than it is possible for animals to have been upgraded from insects, birds, or sea-animals.

If it is possible for animals to have been upgraded from insects, birds, or sea-animals, than it is possible for insects, birds, or sea-animals to have been upgraded from plants etc.

If it is possible for insects, birds, sea-animals to have been upgraded from plants, than it is possible for plants to have been upgraded from elements (Water, Air, Marl, Temperature, Space )

If it is possible for plants to have been upgraded from elements, than it is possible for elements to have been upgraded from gravity.

Thus.. our ancestors is/was gravity in the beginning (it is possible)

Gravity can be said equal to Attraction, or Love which seems to be omnipresent everywhere. Like.. different people are attracted towards different people and things. Rivers are attracted towards sea. Tree is attracted towards seed through its fruits. Different animals are attracted towards different animals. Thus.. Attraction/Gravity/Love seems to be always working everywhere.

What if, we realize that our true self is Gravity/Love/Attraction ?
Doesn't Gravity/Attraction/Love is always in permanent joyous state forever ?
If it is so, than we can also be in permanent joyous state forever.

After all what for we are looking in this world ? or towards what we are attracted to get always from different things ? isn't that the permanent joyous state forever we are looking for ?

If so, than we need to realize that we are the part of that sea of Gravity/Love/ attraction which always remains in permanent joyous state forever. and it is only possible by looking inside our self, rather than searching it outwards.

Search yourself, you will search the whole and will also become the whole. :)

Wow! quite the incomprehensible word salad.

I dont see a thing you want to debate.

chinu

chinu
Wow! quite the incomprehensible word salad.
I dont see a thing you want to debate.
Only ant is capable to pick up the sugar-grains when they fallen on the ground, not a elephant.

Its not your fault, Outhouse.
Actually, you are not the appropriate creature to pick-up these words, I think. :)

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Only ant is capable to pick up the sugar-grains when they fallen on the ground, not a elephant.

Its not your fault, Outhouse.
Actually, you are not the appropriate creature to pick-up these words, I think. :)

Curious analogy, because ants are probably the most violent and warlike animal on the planet (without a doubt moreso than humans could ever be), whereas the elephant is typically an extremely gentle giant.

...especially curious since sugar is not healthy, but empty energy. On its own, it's junk.

chinu

chinu
Curious analogy, because ants are probably the most violent and warlike animal on the planet (without a doubt moreso than humans could ever be), whereas the elephant is typically an extremely gentle giant.

...especially curious since sugar is not healthy, but empty energy. On its own, it's junk.
Actually, analogy is not about to make the difference between a Good and Bad creature, its just about to make the difference between appropriate and un-appropriate creature for that specific work.

An ant, because of her being very small in size can very easily pick and eat that small bits of sugar, whereas an elephant being very large in size is not appropriate to that works, Of course he's intelligent in some other works, but cannot pick and eat small bits of sugar with his long nose :)

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Actually, analogy is not about to make the difference between a Good and Bad creature, its just about to make the difference between appropriate and un-appropriate creature for that specific work.

An ant, because of her being very small in size can very easily pick and eat that small bits of sugar, whereas an elephant being very large in size is not appropriate to that works, Of course he's intelligent in some other works, but cannot pick and eat small bits of sugar with his long nose :)

First of all, female ants are the Queen, and don't ever pick up sugar. The ones that enter your home and steal your food are all male.

Second of all, the analogy still fails because it implies that knowledge that sounds nice but is incoherent is somehow automatically right by virtue of sounding nice.

chinu

chinu
First of all, female ants are the Queen, and don't ever pick up sugar. The ones that enter your home and steal your food are all male.
But I haven't mentioned male or female in the analogy.
Second of all, the analogy still fails because it implies that knowledge that sounds nice but is incoherent is somehow automatically right by virtue of sounding nice.
What is meant by any Analogy ? tell me :)

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
The ones that enter your home and steal your food are all male.

3unxgy.jpg

Muffled

Jesus in me
...ah, mythological syncreticization... not a very reliable method of comparable mythology.

Well, that's what happens. Genetic mutation happens with every generation.

It is possible but usually impossible to prove on ancient people. You could possbily prove it on living people. Has that ever been found?

One of the problems with it is that there is no-one to match up to for offspring to have the mutation although theoretically the offspring can inherit from only one parent. At any event one would expect a mixed population of blondes and black hair but that is not the case in Scandinavia although that is where some of the frost giants came from they would have been a small minority.