• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is/was our ancestor in the begining ?

FranklinMichaelV.3

It is possible but usually impossible to prove on ancient people. You could possbily prove it on living people. Has that ever been found?

One of the problems with it is that there is no-one to match up to for offspring to have the mutation although theoretically the offspring can inherit from only one parent. At any event one would expect a mixed population of blondes and black hair but that is not the case in Scandinavia although that is where some of the frost giants came from they would have been a small minority.

Didn't scandanavians go through a bottleneck?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
But I haven't mentioned male or female in the analogy.
What is meant by any Analogy ? tell me :)

An analogy is meant to illustrate a concept.

But a poorly-crafted analogy can fail if the concept doesn't match. Perhaps something that both ants and elephants can eat, but in different ways, might have been better.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
It is possible but usually impossible to prove on ancient people. You could possbily prove it on living people. Has that ever been found?

Yes. You look different from your parents. Some people are born with defects.

Genetics.

One of the problems with it is that there is no-one to match up to for offspring to have the mutation although theoretically the offspring can inherit from only one parent. At any event one would expect a mixed population of blondes and black hair but that is not the case in Scandinavia although that is where some of the frost giants came from they would have been a small minority.

Well, I don't know what kind of hair the Frost Giants have, as I've never seen one. I also don't know Scandinavia's demographics.

However, I have red hair. There hasn't been anyone in my family with this red hair for three generations, as it comes from my great-great-grandmother who fled Ireland's Great Hunger.

chinu

chinu
An analogy is meant to illustrate a concept.

But a poorly-crafted analogy can fail if the concept doesn't match. Perhaps something that both ants and elephants can eat, but in different ways, might have been better.
Friend, actually I just failed to notice your avatar, otherwise definitely I would have crafted something else, Please. :D

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Friend, actually I just failed to notice your avatar, otherwise definitely I would have crafted something else, Please. :D

*raises brow* YOU'VE played Majora's Mask? I honestly find that hard to believe.