• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who wants to think?

Password

Lets say God knew you before your birth and wanted you to come to earth and do something here to show yourself approved by Him so you could return. How would you explain by creating an explanation of the entire mission in your opinion? All you understand is that there is a God and there is something you must do. All previous knowledge before your entry sent from God was lost during your infancy years from fleshy needs and worldly knowledge.*

psylient

Lets say God knew you before your birth and wanted you to come to earth and do something here to show yourself approved by Him so you could return. How would you explain by creating an explanation of the entire mission in your opinion? All you understand is that there is a God and there is something you must do. All previous knowledge before your entry sent from God was lost during your infancy years from fleshy needs and worldly knowledge.*
first of all if god wanted us to return back to him then why the hell he sent us here at the first place? Is it because of his enjoyment? or Is it that we made sins when we were living with god before our birth so he got angry by seeing this offence and sent us here in this world. all the world religions have tried to answer this quetion of yours that about god and our related existence.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

You just said that "All previous knowledge before your entry sent from God was lost during your infancy years from fleshy needs and worldly knowledge.", therefore I wouldn't be able to explain/know my mission. Any explanation would be completely arbitrary.

chinu

chinu

Actually.. In the beginning YOU created a game for yourself to play, but before stepping into this game there was a question in YOUR mind.

Q: How can such game give true enjoyment until you forget that you are the creator of this game ? Thus.. you turned this game into an illusion-game. Which means that you will forget everything, your power, your rank, your place, your status, after jumping into this game.

But again an another new question got arise, Q: As You will forget everything about yourself after jumping into this game, than who will pull you out when you will get tired after playing a lot ? Thus, by giving all of yours powers you created a CLONE of yourself and gave him the duty to pull you out.

Now, asked the clone; Sir, how will i come to know that you are really tired of this game ? YOU said; when i'll cry and beg in front of you to take me out of this game like as you have created me, rather than i created you.

And finally by saying this YOU jumped into this game.

GOD is that CLONE

Gehennaite

How would you explain by creating an explanation of the entire mission in your opinion?
Would I really need to explain anything about myself to God? I think It would know better than me.

Seems like I'd just be enduring various tests of character. I'd develop a conscious history of actions that would help me feel empowered. Having a virtuous history would make one feel triumphant in the end. I think that's all I'd care about.

For this reason, I criticize a lot about the modern world. I encourage others to stay morally excellent or condition themselves to become such. I think that's all I'm really good for at this point in time.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Lets say God knew you before your birth and wanted you to come to earth and do something here to show yourself approved by Him so you could return.

Sorry, but I need some more clarification.

Return from where to where else?

From immaterial existence to material existence, or perhaps the other way around? Or is it something else?

What is the premise justifying this matter of whether I "could" return? Is return desirable? What is barring it?

How would you explain by creating an explanation of the entire mission in your opinion? All you understand is that there is a God and there is something you must do. All previous knowledge before your entry sent from God was lost during your infancy years from fleshy needs and worldly knowledge.*

So, part of the premise is that I have (or "truly am") some sort of immortal or at least non-material soul or spirit? Or at least that I believe that I do?

I have no idea.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I say we are born to become a spirit.

I haven't ruled out previous life. That could be a real event.

But as we enter this life we do seem empty of a linear experience....a clean slate.

As we go through this life the slate gets covered by report of word and deed.

You could also say we are writing our own book....so to speak.

If all is well....fine and good.....
If not....the book gets tossed in the fire.

In the Quran it says the believers will get to meet him...whenever i think of that i think of my whole body, mind and soul shattering into small pieces of light particles...his presence at times when i pray is just so much to take in that i can't even imagine uttering any words to him.

Hawkins

The whole mission is to show your true self, such that under open witnessing (of angels and humans) you will be either qualified or disqualified for entering the next realm.

It's a democratic process.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
The whole mission is to show your true self, such that under open witnessing (of angels and humans) you will be either qualified or disqualified for entering the next realm.

Like Big Brother?

Password

first of all if god wanted us to return back to him then why the hell he sent us here at the first place? Is it because of his enjoyment? or Is it that we made sins when we were living with god before our birth so he got angry by seeing this offence and sent us here in this world. all the world religions have tried to answer this quetion of yours that about god and our related existence.

1. Maybe we chose to come here and as it was inevitable for us to do so. Maybe to come through this for reasons only known to God(maybe a flushing out toward a truer allegiance and ranking).
2. Maybe for His Glory.
3. Maybe we had to chose from 7 sins, in our own chosen order, to overcome from a greatest to least influence and according to previous rank is the number of them assigned. Maybe we got to chose our point in time for an entry. Maybe we were able to watch what has been taking place here and came here to help others, that maybe we also knew before, that came before us, because we had seen that they were failing certain aspects of a greater mission from the battles within their personal mission. Maybe we might not know who they are here but the ripple effects of our being can still reach them somehow.

Password

You just said that "All previous knowledge before your entry sent from God was lost during your infancy years from fleshy needs and worldly knowledge.", therefore I wouldn't be able to explain/know my mission. Any explanation would be completely arbitrary.

Or maybe not?

Password

Actually.. In the beginning YOU created a game for yourself to play, but before stepping into this game there was a question in YOUR mind.

Q: How can such game give true enjoyment until you forget that you are the creator of this game ? Thus.. you turned this game into an illusion-game. Which means that you will forget everything, your power, your rank, your place, your status, after jumping into this game.

But again an another new question got arise, Q: As You will forget everything about yourself after jumping into this game, than who will pull you out when you will get tired after playing a lot ? Thus, by giving all of yours powers you created a CLONE of yourself and gave him the duty to pull you out.

Now, asked the clone; Sir, how will i come to know that you are really tired of this game ? YOU said; when i'll cry and beg in front of you to take me out of this game like as you have created me, rather than i created you.

And finally by saying this YOU jumped into this game.

GOD is that CLONE

Sounds like a deeper level of conversation here and beyond the level I'm addressing. I do believe in levels but have to try to stay on one at a time here.

Password

Sorry, but I need some more clarification.

Return from where to where else?

From immaterial existence to material existence, or perhaps the other way around? Or is it something else?

What is the premise justifying this matter of whether I "could" return? Is return desirable? What is barring it?

So, part of the premise is that I have (or "truly am") some sort of immortal or at least non-material soul or spirit? Or at least that I believe that I do?

I have no idea.

Im interested more in your ability to improvise I guess.

Password

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Im interested more in your ability to improvise I guess.

In that case... surely there is a misunderstanding.

The premise is self-contradictory. If there is something of significance that I am supposed to do, then there is also a need for me to know what it is, at least in the general outlines.

Likewise, if I have no memory of some sort of previous existence, then it did not happen far as I am aware.

I can only conclude that the whole premise is wishful thinking, and that I should simply live the best I can instead. And experiment carefully with interdependent origination while I am at it.

As for "other lives", soul, God, missions, "returns"? There is really no reason to believe in any of that.

rusra02

Premium Member

God doesn't play guessing games with us. I believe the account in the Bible about Adam's creation shows God's purpose for us. He desires obedient mankind to enjoy life on earth in beautiful surroundings and enjoy a peaceful relationship with God as human sons. (Genesis 1:26-28, Luke 3:38)
Since mankind's rebellion, God has taken progressive steps to restore mankind to the happy condition Adam enjoyed before sinning. (Ephesians 1:8-10) Meanwhile, our individual existence begins when we are conceived, and there is no previous life, just as Adam's life began when God brought him to life. (Genesis 2:7) Prior to that, Adam did not exist.