• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who would you like to see run in '08?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I hate Reagan. I put him in with some of the worst Presidents in history. But, it's a bias thing because I am against really open religion of any sort in government, and all this talk about the "religious right", well I firmly believe that religiously motivated area of politics all started with Reagan.
I firmly believe that everything went downhill after Jimmy Carter. And Carter didn't turn out to be what he promised.

Call me a silly liberal, but I did say that I would rather vote for Giuliani than for anyone else. I see by issues rather than having a more partisan vision.

Freedomelf

I do like John McCain, even though he is a hot-head, no doubt. I remember one time at a political rally he didn't realize the mike was on and he really said some colorful things.

However, his wife Cindy once went on a medical mission to the South Pacific, and she wound up spending a couple weeks living in harsh conditions in order to help children who were suffering from easily curable, but life threatening diseases. I really liked that about her. One of the doctors in our church went on that mission and was telling us that she was really cheerful the whole time, and didn't get sick of the conditions and the hordes of bugs. I have respect for that.

But....if the truth be known......I wouldn't hate it if Gore ran again. I do believe that he SHOULD get a chance to assume his rightful presidency, eventually. ;)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
MaddLlama said:
But, it's a bias thing because I am against really open religion of any sort in government, and all this talk about the "religious right", well I firmly believe that religiously motivated area of politics all started with Reagan.
Actually, Reagan shied away from the "Religious Right" and few knew his affiliation until his death. I triple dog dare you to tell me which church he was affiliated with! He was prone to apply simplistic solutions to complex problems thereby exacerbating them (trickle down fiasco & deficit), favoring business OVER the environment and being WAY too hawkish. Still, I give him lots of respect because of his communication skills and his ability to seperate religion from government.