• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's in Charge of Adolescents, Parents or Teachers?

Who Should Influence a Child in Gender Issues?

• Parents

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Teachers

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Peers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Politicians

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pets

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Post your own answers (and post evcen if you choose one of the above

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
If the parents aren’t already informed, perhaps there is good reason. Why should a school need to inform parents about a child’s gender or sexuality?
Because it's their kid, not the damn teacher's. Parents have the right to know whatever they want about their kids and that's a pretty big thing.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Nobody should influence a child to be transsexual. I personally don't believe that children and teenagers should be allowed to transition, but when they do, as adults, that decision is only theirs to make, nobody else's. To suggest that parents, teachers or peers should influence that kind of behavior is insane.
I agree. Transitioning is for adults. This whole issue is being handled wrongly and it sickens me. Many of these teachers are basically insane and function as political activists. They don't even know what their job actually is or what the boundaries are. They really have no business working with children, and I question how these teachers are being trained and licensed.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Not really. A person can feel entitled to all sorts of “rights” that doesn’t mean they are.
Parental rights are a basic right. They have custody and are responsible for their children. They have the right to know if their child is living as another gender. Teachers have no business turning students against their parents. Teachers are to be answerable to parents and the wider community, which entrusts them with the legallg-required education of their children. That's what a teacher is to do - teach a curriculum - not meddle in their student's personal lives, politically indoctrinate them, violate personal boundaries, etc.

Curious George

Veteran Member
We are going to have to break this up…

Parental rights are a basic right. They have custody and are responsible for their children. They have the right to know if their child is living as another gender.
I am not sure why you believe a child’s disclosure of gender identity falls under the realm of information to which a parent is entitled.

Teachers have no business turning students against their parents.
An omission of information is not “turning students against their parents”
Teachers are to be answerable to parents and the wider community, which entrusts them with the legallg-required education of their children.

And, teachers also have discretion. Furthermore, there are limits as to what exactly “teachers are to be answerable.”
That's what a teacher is to do - teach a curriculum - not meddle in their student's personal lives, politically indoctrinate them, violate personal boundaries, etc.
Not sharing with the parent is doing exactly that “not meddling.”

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Because the parents are the authority and the schools are supposed to serve, not subvert the parents wishes.
Not quite. Schools are under no requirement to serve the wishes of the parents at all costs. Schools primarily concern is with the safety and wellbeing of the children, and sometimes this can in fact mean going expressly against the wishes and desires of the parent.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Because the parents are the authority and the schools are supposed to serve, not subvert the parents wishes.
Parents role in children’s lives cannot by itself create a duty for teachers, let alone make an act or omission by a teacher “wrong.”

How is choosing not to share a child’s disclosure of their gender identity “subverting the parents wishes” or neglecting their duty to “serve?”

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Parents role in children’s lives cannot by itself create a duty for teachers, let alone make an act or omission by a teacher “wrong.”

How is choosing not to share a child’s disclosure of their gender identity “subverting the parents wishes” or neglecting their duty to “serve?”
A lie is still a lie whether it's the failure to disclose information or a false statement. Teachers that hide this kind of information should be fired.

Curious George

Veteran Member
A lie is still a lie whether it's the failure to disclose information or a false statement. Teachers that hide this kind of information should be fired.
I think that is a stretch. An intentional omission can be a lie, but we are not talking about leaving out a key detail meant to mislead. One cannot fully convey any experience or relay all information. Under your strict definition, all communication is a lie.

you have not in anyway shown why or how parents are entitled to this information.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
So, according to you, if an underage girl goes to their teacher - because they happen to be somebody they trust - because they become pregnant, and they reveal that they are afraid that if they revealed this information to their parents their parents might literally beat them to death, in your mind is it morally wrong for the teacher to withhold this information from their parents?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Here's an answer, "Leave the kids alone".

Children, including adolescents, are developmentally incapable of understanding sex and its facets.

There is no need to influence them. They can figure out their own sexuality by themselves given time to mature. It's been that way from time immemorial. Again,

Leave the kids alone.

What gets me is these wacked out nutcases are targeting little kindergarten kids with this crap.

NY lawmaker wants sex ed for kindergartners

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What gets me is these wacked out nutcases are targeting little kindergarten kids with this crap.

NY lawmaker wants sex ed for kindergartners
Sounds like BS to me. We changed our curriculum here a few years back and people were freaking out about the same crap. I read through every single page of that curriculum from Kindergarten to the 12th Grade and I couldn't find anything even close to the crap people were saying was in there.
This is just more culture wars nonsense.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Sounds like BS to me. We changed our curriculum here a few years back and people were freaking out about the same crap. I read through every single page of that curriculum from Kindergarten to the 12th Grade and I couldn't find anything even close to the crap people were saying was in there.
This is just more culture wars nonsense.

hysteria rarely listens to rationality.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I think that is a stretch. An intentional omission can be a lie, but we are not talking about leaving out a key detail meant to mislead. One cannot fully convey any experience or relay all information. Under your strict definition, all communication is a lie.

you have not in anyway shown why or how parents are entitled to this information.
Facepalm! Because they alone are responsible for their childrens lives. Until you are officially an adult you are under your parents authority legally.