• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are conjoined twins a thing?

Acim

Revelation all the time
C'mon. You know it is not unresoved at all. For sure it is not on Hilbert's list of the unresolved Millenium problems :)

In any case, the fact that we do not agree, entails logically that at least one of us does not have God's knowledge within. Assuming that God knows the answer.

I definitely understand it is unresolved, but again, like other things there is an easy answer that suffices.

The fact we disagree doesn't entail that, as God's knowledge or actual knowledge is unconcerned with how illusions may be resolved. It's not like .999... actually exists.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I definitely understand it is unresolved, but again, like other things there is an easy answer that suffices.

The answer is: 0.999999... Is 1. If it weren't, there would be an infinity of rational numbers bigger than 0.9999...and 1, between the two.

The fact we disagree doesn't entail that, as God's knowledge or actual knowledge is unconcerned with how illusions may be resolved. It's not like .999... actually exists.

It depends. With "God's knowledge", do you mean the knowledge that God posseses, or the knowledge we have of God?

Ciao

- viole

Acim

Revelation all the time
The answer is: 0.999999... Is 1. If it weren't, there would be an infinity of rational numbers bigger than 0.9999...and 1, between the two.

The "if it weren't part" is the dispute. There is obviously (I think we both agree) no way of showing the difference between the two given our own limitations within regards to infinity.
The answer that still makes most sense to me is 0.9999.... is forever unequal to 1.

It depends. With "God's knowledge", do you mean the knowledge that God posseses, or the knowledge we have of God?

The knowledge God possesses, which by extension we possess.