• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are people on the internet highly sexual but people out in public aren't ?

Massimo2002

I find this strange and yet no one talks or acknowledges this why ? Are people on the internet highly sexual but yet the people outside never do anything sexual or even talk about sex some women show off there *** and tits but that isn't even that sexual and god forbid you mention it the woman gets offended talk about hypocrisy.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
So you can't pick your crowd in real life ?
Not as much, no.

If I need a job, I can't pick who I work with in most situations. Its not easy to job hop just because your coworkers annoy you.

If I'm at the store, I don't get to pick who shops there. I can find another store, but there's only so many times I can do that. Internet groups are much, much more numerous.

Just a couple examples.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I find this strange and yet no one talks or acknowledges this why ? Are people on the internet highly sexual but yet the people outside never do anything sexual or even talk about sex some women show off there *** and tits but that isn't even that sexual and god forbid you mention it the woman gets offended talk about hypocrisy.

Anonymity online and lack of it in person.
Though i think it differs from country to country. In the UK, people talking sex in public is a bit taboo. In France the only taboo subject is work. One just does not ask "how's work going?" The reason being, some people don't like their job and would rather not talk about it but everyone likes sex. Though the talk of sex doesn't get into detail at the dinner table.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Though i think it differs from country to country. In the UK, people talking sex in public is a bit taboo. In France the only taboo subject is work. One just does not ask "how's work going?" The reason being, some people don't like their job and would rather not talk about it but everyone likes sex. Though the talk of sex doesn't get into detail at the dinner table.

That's it, I think. Get someone alone and convince them that what they tell you will go no further and you'll get a different response.

I never knew that about the French. It makes me admire them more than I already do. Their attitudes to work and sex parallel mine so closely. What if the person is a "sex worker" though?

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
Lack of negative consequences due to anonymity

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Circunstances matter. A lot. And that is perhaps a very good thing.

There is also the fact of sample selection; neither "Real Life"(TM) nor the internet as a whole are very homogeneous. It is not even very difficult to find parts of both environments that go against the expectations of the OP, even to an extreme if one wants to walk that distance.

But beyond that, it is just somewhat easier and safer to be daring when not in the actual presence of other people. In many online environments people don't even use their public identities. Remarkably enough, even when they do there is a measure of change of perception of personal exposure.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
. What if the person is a "sex worker" though?

I think they have a unique etiquette ;-)

True story. Walking through the 9th in Paris early one November morning the prostitutes were still working. Bitterly cold these girls were scantily dressed. Being the naive person i was back then i asked my husband "aren't these girls cold?"...

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
There isn't much sex talk where I go on the internet. I don't frequent incel forums, though.

I'm at least as sexual in real life as I am online (at least as long as my aging process allows me to be), but I understand that many people online adopt an avatar that pretends to be different from their true personality. Especially in the area of sexuality, this has an obvious advantage: on the internet, you don't get a few slaps on the wrist for being too crude in your flirting.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Online, you are more likely to be in a milieu that attracts you -- for whatever reason. Meeting people in real life is a bit more haphazard. It's really kind of off-putting, I think, if someone you've just met asks, "so do you prefer getting hoovered, or would you prefer being boinked by a real mandingo?" I mean, where do you go after that, when you haven't even told each other your names, yet?

Massimo2002

Online, you are more likely to be in a milieu that attracts you -- for whatever reason. Meeting people in real life is a bit more haphazard. It's really kind of off-putting, I think, if someone you've just met asks, "so do you prefer getting hoovered, or would you prefer being boinked by a real mandingo?" I mean, where do you go after that, when you haven't even told each other your names, yet?
Thanks friend your post really answered my question and put things in perspective.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
women show off there *** and tits

My vote: they're doing it because of social pressure, not because they're randy.

The woman gets offended talk about hypocrisy.

It's not hypocrisy. They don't want to be left out and feel frumpy. I agree it's distracting. Listen to your buddy, Daniel ( me ). The way to connect with a person whom you find attractive is 3 things and three things only: Fun + Funny + Confidence.

When you're interested in someone. Here's what works: Trust me: smile. That's it, just smile. If they smile back. Good. If not, forget about it.
Now, If they smile, they are probably going to look away. When they do that, you look away too. But. Don't forget to look back. If they look back too, and smile, go for it, my man. Take a deep breath, go up to them, and say "Hi". Confidence. Remember, You're cute, they're cute, this is perfectly natural. Don't rush it. Rushing is not confident. They will probably reject you at first. That's perfectly normal and natural. It doesn't mean they don't like you. It means that they need to process the excitement they're feeling. They need to reflect on how it felt to be liked, and then, they need to feel what it's like to watch you walk away confidently after being rejected. Then they'll wonder: "am I missing out on something?" Bingo. Once they are questioning. You're in. You've got an opportunity. Trust me. This works. Take the rejection with a stride and a smile. No disappointment. You like her, but you don't need her. You got to approach a cute girl and say 'Hi". She smiled at you. No one can take that away from you. If the two of you bump into each other again, or perhaps this is someone you see on a regular basis, don't be afraid to repeat. Smile, does she smile back? If so, she will probably look away too. When that happens, you look away. But don't forget to look back. If she looks back too, and smiles. Bro. That means you can go and say Hi, with confidence and charm.

Ignore what she's wearing, ignore anything which is revealed. Ignore it. Just smile. It's face time. Nothing else.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Victorian hypocrisy.
Puritanism.
Private vices and Public virtues.

I speak of sex anywhere...IRL, on social media.

Well...too many people want to give others a fake image of themselves. As if they were chaste and virgins...but actually they have sex like anyone else.

Ebionite

Some UK dinner table comedy from the Two Ronnies:

"Care for a roll?"
"Not while I'm eating."

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Victorian hypocrisy.
Puritanism.
Private vices and Public virtues.

I speak of sex anywhere...IRL, on social media.

Well...too many people want to give others a fake image of themselves. As if they were chaste and virgins...but actually they have sex like anyone else.
You don't know that. I'm a voluntary celibate who leans heavily towards the asexual end of the spectrum. I don't expect everyone to be like me, either. Not everyone is interested in sex.