• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are religious people more disgustingly stupid, barbaric, and evil?

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Or feed carrots instead.
They have a calming effect.
A new study revealed that a diet which included large portions of carrots and valium helps reduce the barbarism of religious people. No improvements were shown in the area of intellect or evil. The limitations of the study are probably due to the fact that it was run and designed by agnostics and atheists, who (as everybody knows) are all evil morons. Humans: ugh.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I see both your wry humor & your legitimate point that believers are subject to many insulting thread themes.
Some have missed your sarcasm.
And others did not. I would have thought that ...
There is no good - or even coherent - answer ...
would have been adequate. That and the fact that (a) I'm Jewish, and (b) I've posted more than a few times about people painting with brushes as wide and worn as their ignorance.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
And others did not. I would have thought that ...would have been adequate. That and the fact that (a) I'm Jewish, and (b) I've posted more than a few times about people painting with brushes as wide and worn as their ignorance.
it might be my fault. i replied to eselam seriously causing the confusion

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Just in the 20h century alone more then 100 million peoples of all backgrounds and religions were slaughtered and murdered by the three atheist non religious dictators devils, Hitler, Stalin and Mao Tze Tung, so I flip the question to the OP, why on earth the atheist people are the more disgustingly stupid, barbaric and evil?

Atheists can't help it. And you wouldn't either if all you could eat were babies.

predavlad

Skeptic
Why are religious people more disgustingly stupid, barbaric, and evil?

I think the answer is fairly simple.

Most non-religious people were raised religious. The more skeptic, intelligent, science oriented people questioned their religious texts, and reached the conclusion that they are not true, so they got out of the religion.

So the question is badly formulated.

It should be : "Why are non-religious people less disgustingly stupid, barbaric, and evil than religious people?"

Chanukah said:
Just in the 20h century alone more then 100 million peoples of all backgrounds and religions were slaughtered and murdered by the three atheist non religious dictators devils, Hitler, Stalin and Mao Tze Tung, so I flip the question to the OP, why on earth the atheist people are the more disgustingly stupid, barbaric and evil?

This kind of ignorance cannot stand in a forum of people well informed about religion.

What do fascism, nazism and personality cults (basically all totalitarian regimes) have in common?
They are similar to a theocracy.

Evil people will do evil things, and good people will do good things. Religion can drive a good person to do evil things.

And by the way, here's a quote you may (not) like :
I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.
- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 2

Enough said.