• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are we here in this world, whats our purpose?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Cuthberta said:
There are higher things?

What might those higher things be?

Welcome to the Forums, Cuthberta!

BTW, I'm not one to believe anything is deeply higher or lower than anything else. But your mileage may vary.

Cuthberta

Sorry, I couldn't resist, unfortunately I don't have the original source:

1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

2. The Washington Post is read by people who think they run the country.

3. The New York Times is read by people who think they should run the country and who are very good at crossword puzzles.

4. USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but don't really understand The New York Times. They do, however, like their statistics shown in pie charts.

5. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country -- if they could find the time -- and if they didn't have to leave Southern California to do it.

6. The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country and did a far superior job of it, thank you very much.

7. The New York Daily News is read by people who aren't too sure who's running the country and don't really care as long as they can get a seat on the train.

8. The New York Post is read by people who don't care who's running the country as long as they do something really scandalous, preferably while intoxicated.

9. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country but need the baseball scores.

10. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren't sure there is a country . . . or that anyone is running it; but if so, they oppose all that they stand for. There are occasional exceptions if the leaders are handicapped minority feminist atheist dwarfs who also happen to be illegal aliens from any other country or galaxy, provided of course, that they are not Republicans.

11. The National Inquirer is read by people trapped in line at the grocery store.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Cuthberta said:
There are higher things?

What might those higher things be?
From the I AM University . . . . in these writings it explains that Jesus, and others, made it to the 22nd level of initiation, and there are a total of 352 levels, so, aparantly, there is a lot more. . . .

Now the Christ, the Second Aspect of the Trinity, which we are all in the process of realizing on first a planetary, then solar, then galactic, then universal, then multi-universal, then cosmic level, or in all 352 levels of initiation and light body anchoring and activation as well, works through the Individualized Mighty I Am Presence and Oversoul. So they could be seen as extensions of Christ Realization. Now again I Am using the term Christ here in a Universalistic sense not a Christian sense. For all souls of all religions, spiritual paths, and mystery schools are striving to become the Christ. I am not talking about Jesus or Lord Maitreya here, I am talking about Christ the Second Aspect of the Trinity! Buddha became the Christ! Mohammed became the Christ! Moses became the Christ! Krishna became the Christ! Lao Tse became the Christ! Zoroaster became the Christ! Kuan Yin became the Christ! Mother Mary became the Christ! Isis became the Christ! Christ is the pattern, the prophets are just the men or women who followed this pattern through different religious and spiritual forms.

ProfLogic

ikitikitembo said:
:tsk: Heh heh heh...don't believe everything you see in movies my friend. Even though The Matrix is quite a piece of entertainment.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Our purpose is to entertain another higher being. The battle of good and evil will never ever end, so humanity was given pride, this higher being knows how to manipulate it since all it has to do is to suggest that one's belief is better than the another and our barbaric instint will take over. How entertaining. We are here purely as entertainment to some being.

ProfLogic

e1337hax0r111 said:
simple didnt you red the bible sonny says right thier very clear that the ownly purpos is to reproduce so why you w8ting for now you knew the purpsoe of life as it says in the bible sonny aint that kewl

Since you brought up the bible, isn't that a man's point of view since in the old times women die of child birth but the man survives, even the baby dies to, but man is still alive?

ProfLogic

may said:
The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the [true] God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole [obligation] of man ... Ecclesiates 12;13

This sounds like manipulation and control and domination. So your saying that we are here to be manipulated, controlled and dominated. I believe you are right.

Orleander

I don't feel I have a purpose. I am simply here because I was born. I live my life as I see fit. I try to be the best human I think I am capable of.

ProfLogic

divine said:
why would you expect there to be a purpose? or a reason?
the reason is because there is an awareness that has manipulated humanity for centuries. We can see that in religion and politics.

ProfLogic

Raguel said:
Obviously this is an answer noone could possibly give you a definite answer to. Besides, if anybody could tell you the answer, would you believe it?
I suppose you may be here for the same reason as me though - to hear other people's opinions and try to get closer to an answer yourself. On that note, what I believe is that the point of this life is to get enough insight to advance to the next one.
But you know what? The scariest thing I could think of would be finding out the undeniable answer to your question - and not liking the answer.

I already know about my life. I was just wondering if another person/persons in the forum had the same purpose. Similar to what the earlier christians did, they bonded together and thus a new idea was born. The media they used was a man inspired book written to unite persecuted people in their times.

ProfLogic

Orleander said:
I don't feel I have a purpose. I am simply here because I was born. I live my life as I see fit. I try to be the best human I think I am capable of.

Amen. You would not anything sway you to do something else you are not, like religion and politics.