• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are you patriotic?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK, I'm patriotic because I have faith and pride that my country will allow me, my children. and grand children the freedom to pursuit happiness.
Whence this pride? Your social mobility and quality of life are decreasing. They're inferior to those in many other countries. The US is no longer the land of opportunity.

I'm proud that we can go anywhere in the world and do whatever we deem necessary at any time.
No you can't. Try booking a flight to Havana.
We criticized the godless commies for forbidding exit. How's that any different from forbidding entrance. A door locked from either side is still a locked door.
"...do whatever we deem necessary at any time"? What does that mean? Sounds like an imperialistic, might makes right boast. Sounds like a justification for invading Poland -- or Iraq.

I love to live in a country where we will fight for the right to let someone disagree with one another.
A country where you can be ejected from a public, political meeting for having the wrong party's bumper sticker on your car, or wearing a T-shirt supporting the other party's candidate? Your right to disagree is being seriously eroded, in case you haven't noticed. All digital communications is monitored. Police can do secret break-ins and searches, and there's currently a bill before congress allowing the military to imprison any citizen permanently with no charges or trial, if they are believed to be a terrorist threat (which can mean any sort of dissent, these days) or associated in some way with any group deemed a threat.

I truly believe in Liberty and Justice for all.
Except the rich, you mean.
Who's been prosecuted for the recent banking debacle, or the invasion of Iraq?

I disagree with this. As Father Heathen (I think) pointed out, "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism." And I love the fact that as Americans, we can dissent without disappearing (so far)
. Yet Americans do get "disappeared," there is "special rendition," Obama recently OK'd the assassination of American "terrorists" without trial, Democrats are excluded from Republican speeches and public meetings, &c.

I love so many things about being American, and Southern American, and a native Louisianan, and a Texan, and living in my small town in Texas, and my neighborhood, and the home I love, and my family and circle of friends.

A few reasons why I'm patriotic:
I don't follow. Are these pictured things uniquely American? What do these pictures have to do with foreign or domestic policy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
No you can't. Try booking a flight to Havana.
I have many Cubano friends who live in Miami. They go to Cuba once every year to visit relatives. You catch a ride out of Free Port.

Seyorni, you seem to have all this bottled up aggression and to tell you the truth, I feel bad about your situation. I myself could not bear the burden you carry.

If I really felt as you do, I would not be able to live here at all. I would not be able to stand it.

Reactions: kai

nnmartin

for myself I certainly feel that living abroad for several years makes you more patriotic - though I guess it depends on where you have come from.

I love my country, which is inextricably linked towards the brainwashed beliefs of Canadian society: tolerance, multiculturalism, and peace.

My maternal grandmother and her adult children moved here from the Philippines to bring us a better life. As a result, I am a second-generation born-and-bred Canadian, and proud of what this country represents to me.

Je suis fière d'être canadienne! I'm proud of being a Canadian, with all its ups and downs and corruptions. XD

Okay, so this is mainly an advertisement for gay rights, but it still is a representation of what values I espouse as a person.

CanadianValuesCard.jpg

Last edited:
More Canadiana!

Tim-Hortons.jpg

Tim Hortons has become a widespread Canadianism! Whether it's for some hot soup or chili, or some downgraded half-crappy coffee, they take the lead in Canadian representation.

Canadian-Multiculturalism-Mounties.jpg

The RCMP and their desire to represent minorities and women in the force. I still remember seeing the pictures in our textbook of the first Sikh to fight for his right to wear a turban in the force.

2482376310_b9b2fd5fef.jpg

First Nations / Aboriginal culture is the original culture of Canada.

nunavut-day-canada.jpg

Nunavut! Inuksuks! Inuit people! :D

canadian-gay-flag-2.jpg

We have to be greatful that this country has accepted the rights of homosexuals and transsexuals. They deserve to be treated as fellow human beings too.

li-multicultural-620-cp-009.jpg

And of course, we worship the ideals of multiculturalism.