• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Can't Harris Answer A Question.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Because anti-Trumpers have this bad attitude to plead the fifth...as all defendants with a guilty conscience do. ;)

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
She doesn't even have any figures in front of her or least in her mind
Of course she could have answered that question, but why should she? Her agenda is antithetical to Baier's and Fox's. They're there to make her look bad, not to do an interview or inform their audience, and she's there to promote her candidacy to people that probably never listen to her if she's not on Fox - not to let them control the dialog.

She showed their viewers that she's articulate, informed, and strong - facts that seem to have escaped RF's MAGA contingent who also never listen to her directly, just through a MAGA media filter. Harris was in control during that interview. She called out the host for his bad manners, but took none of his bait.

Fox gave her legitimacy by having her on. It's not their purpose or likely even their opinion, but by having her on, they're telling their viewers that she's a woman who deserves airtime and an audience.

And she was successful. Hear the interviewer lament how well she did. I'll bet she picked up a few votes that would have gone to Trump otherwise:

Fox News’s Brett Baier went on the offensive during an interview with Kamala Harris Wednesday night, but even he had to admit she got the best of him. In a segment reacting to his own contentious interview, Baier conceded that Harris may have gotten exactly what she wanted from that interview.

“I think she had a … a mission, that she wanted to do. And maybe, she wanted to have a viral moment, she wanted to have a pushback,” Baier said. “She came to Fox News and she wanted to have a ‘go after Donald Trump’ viral moment that plays on other channels, and on social media. And I think she may have gotten that.”

During the interview, Baier pushed Harris to respond to several copy-pastes of Trump’s talking points, asking her about gender-affirming care in prisons and if she’d apologize to the family of a child killed by an immigrant. When she responded, Baier interrupted Harris’s answers and, appearing frustrated, formatted his follow-ups like debate rebuttals. Baier later offered a thin defense for his bad form in the interview, saying that he thought Harris would be “tough to redirect without me trying to interrupt,” and complaining that he hadn’t gotten the full time with Harris he’d expected.

At one point Harris even called out Baier for playing a truncated clip of Trump brushing off his “enemy from within” remark, instead of the actual clip itself from earlier this week—perhaps the “viral moment” Baier had referred to.
(source)​

Altfish

Veteran Member
Why aren't you interested in whether Trump can answer a question?

At the economic Club in Chicago on Tuesday, he was continuously asked questions and he would forget the questions and meander and start speaking about completely other things, and the moderator would have to try to bring him back on track. For example the moderator asked him if Google should be broken up, and Donald Trump went on a rant about something completely different and the moderator had to say hey Donald we were talking about Google should Google be broken up

Moderator: “Should Google be broken up?”

Trump: “I just haven't gotten over something the Justice Department did yesterday where Virginia cleaned up its voter rolls and got rid of thousands and thousands of bad votes, and the Justice Department sued them that they should be allowed to put those bad votes and illegal votes back in and let the people vote. So I haven't, I...I haven't gotten ... I haven't gotten over that. A lot of people have seen that they can't even believe it.”

Moderator: “The question was about Google.”

Trump: “Yeah.”

And then there was the moment at the same event where the moderator called him out for rambling and going from all these different topics from the dollar to Macron instead of sticking to the questions asked Donald Trump tried to cover for himself by saying he was “doing the weave.”
The weave at its best

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Speaking of pleading the Fifth, have you noticed he's just filed a motion to stop Jack Smith's release of the appendices to his 165-page brief until after the election. Anybody wonder why? Anybody suppose those appendices might contain actual evidence that shows Trump's personal and deliberate involvement in January 6? Anybody think he's absolutely terrified of the public having access to that before they step into a polling booth and make a choice?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
She showed their viewers that she's articulate, informed, and strong - facts that seem to have escaped RF's MAGA contingent who also never listen to her directly, just through a MAGA media filter.
Oh, man! I wish I had thought of how to articulate that -- because as I read the posts of RF's Trump supporters, that's the one thing I've always been convinced of: "How could you possibly say or think that, if you'd actually listened to the man?"

I didn't want to have suggest insanity, so I just kept silent. But that they really do not, in fact, listen to him says it all.

Thanks for the post.

Argentbear

She doesn't even have any figures in front of her or least in her mind, and she's the border czar. For somebody to be that incredibly uninformed is completely mind-boggling for somebody who wants to head up as the top politician of the United States
She is not and never has been "border czar" so you are either incredibly uninformed or just not terribly honest. Which is it?

If one watched the interview with VP Harris and Fox News reporter Bret Baier interview ask youself if Harris is she able to answer a question. Can she?
If you missed the interview here is the link.
yes.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
She is not and never has been "border czar" so you are either incredibly uninformed or just not terribly honest. Which is it?
She's the border czar appointed by Biden

Incredibly ignorant or hopelessly in denial that she was appointed to handle the border crisis?

Which is it?

Pogo

Oh, man! I wish I had thought of how to articulate that -- because as I read the posts of RF's Trump supporters, that's the one thing I've always been convinced of: "How could you possibly say or think that, if you'd actually listened to the man?"

I didn't want to have suggest insanity, so I just kept silent. But that they really do not, in fact, listen to him says it all.

Thanks for the post.
Which made me think that there must be a song and so Google led me to this, must have come out in my kid's Barney phase but.
True Believer. (they have a lot of Marshall tops so they must be good)

Twilight Hue

When Trump was president what did he do to solve the border crisis?
Trump had everything in place with good results until the Biden Harris Administration dismantled just about every policy and order and intentionally and willfully opened the border on American citizens that resulted in the mass havoc this country is experiencing because of Biden and his border czar Harris who could care less about the citizens she was tasked to protect.

BBC had compiled a comparative list.

Now you know the rest of the story.

Twilight Hue

Nothing about any "border czar" so you tell me is it Incredibly ignorant or hopelessly in denial to continue to claim such a thing as a border czar exists?
She was put in charge of the Border by Biden that's why she was first called border czar 3 years ago by the media without nary an objection.

You want to deny she was ever in charge of the Border you go right ahead with that ,
but everybody knows the truth of the matter.

HonestJoe

If one watched the interview with VP Harris and Fox News reporter Bret Baier interview ask youself if Harris is she able to answer a question. Can she?
Pretty much all professional politicians (American and beyond) typically avoid giving straight answers. It's mainly to avoid generating soundbites that can be used to take their answers out of context (something many questions are specifically designed to do) and to allow them to present the points and slogans they want to pretty much regardless of the question.

Argentbear

She was put in charge of the Border by Biden that's why she was first called border czar 3 years ago by the media without nary an objection.

You want to deny she was ever in charge of the Border you go right ahead with that ,
your link time marker 0:25 "President Biden is tapping his vice President Kamila Harris to oversee US diplomatic efforts to address the recent influx of migrants along the southern border."

So nothing about being put in charge of the Border

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

"In March 2021, Biden tapped Harris to head an initiative called the Roots Causes Strategy...

...Biden dispatched Harris on a diplomatic mission to work with Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.

The goal was to help those countries strengthen their economies and security situations so their citizens could build 'successful lives at home rather than abroad.'

In other words, it was an effort to slow migration at America's southern border by encouraging people to stay in their home countries.

In April 2021, a White House transcript shows Harris told a reporter that Biden asked Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas to 'address what is going on at the border' while she was 'dealing with root causes' of migration.

Our partners at FactCheck.org report Harris was not appointed to be in charge of border security.

Therefore, we find that referring to Harris as the 'border czar' is a false claim."