• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't I go to heaven?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
However you are not God and not his judge so you have no right to say that he will be fine.

Notice I prefaced my statement with 'I believe'. We all have a right to express our beliefs here. And I feel rather certain of that particular belief.

I am sure there are many erroneous theologial dogmas throughout all religions but then there are some that are correct.

I perfectly agree with that statement. But what's your point? I believe the christian dogma that would send that person to hell is one of the erroneous ones.

waitasec

Veteran Member
However you are not God and not his judge so you have no right to say that he will be fine.

[/COLOR][/B]

funny, ironic and a downright arrogant statement.

ps, you are not god either and sorry to say this, your interpretation is mediocre at best....as most believers think they know what god is and wants...

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I perfectly agree with that statement. But what's your point? I believe the christian dogma that would send that person to hell is one of the erroneous ones.

It is not Christian dogma, but rather the non-biblical pagan myth hell that sends a person to hell.

The Christian or biblical hell [sheol] is the hell where Jesus was put at his death.
-Acts 2 vs 27,31

The Christian/Bible's hell is just the common grave of mankind where the dead sleep the deep sleep of death until resurrected to heaven, or resurrected on a paradisaic earth during Jesus 1000-year reign over earth.

Ancient pagan concepts [forever burning hell] became mixed with Scripture or the Bible's hell of unconscious sleep til resurrected.
That does not make the Bible wrong, but makes the pagan or non-biblical teaching of forever burning as wrong.

-Psalm 6 v5; 13 v 3; 115 v 17; 146 v 4; Ecclesiastes 9 v 5; John 11 vs 11-14

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It is not Christian dogma, but rather the non-biblical pagan myth hell that sends a person to hell.

The Christian or biblical hell [sheol] is the hell where Jesus was put at his death.
-Acts 2 vs 27,31

The Christian/Bible's hell is just the common grave of mankind where the dead sleep the deep sleep of death until resurrected to heaven, or resurrected on a paradisaic earth during Jesus 1000-year reign over earth.

Ancient pagan concepts [forever burning hell] became mixed with Scripture or the Bible's hell of unconscious sleep til resurrected.
That does not make the Bible wrong, but makes the pagan or non-biblical teaching of forever burning as wrong.

-Psalm 6 v5; 13 v 3; 115 v 17; 146 v 4; Ecclesiastes 9 v 5; John 11 vs 11-14

So you do understand those points of scripture where the discussion leans to spirit rather than flesh?

Are you still hoping the kingdom is physical?

Which direction did Jesus go?.....up?.....into heaven?.....really?
Physically?

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
There will be only one desire waiting for us when we die.
The desire to stand up.
I suggest we go for it.

Then back to God we go.

"You don't go to heaven, you grow to heaven."

One of the big philosophical questions is "Why are we here?". Given that God not only exists, but is all merciful, then the answer narrows to one of personal growth. We're here to learn and grow as part of something larger and greater.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
One of the big philosophical questions is "Why are we here?". Given that God not only exists, but is all merciful, then the answer narrows to one of personal growth. We're here to learn and grow as part of something larger and greater.

We agree!
So many times I've posted the design and intent of this form we call 'human'.
We are the blend between spirit and substance.
Our linear existence insures each to be unique.
And it is that unique perspective that makes each one...'interesting'.

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
We agree!
So many times I've posted the design and intent of this form we call 'human'.
We are the blend between spirit and substance.
Our linear existence insures each to be unique.
And it is that unique perspective that makes each one...'interesting'.

It appears we do.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So you do understand those points of scripture where the discussion leans to spirit rather than flesh?
Are you still hoping the kingdom is physical?
Which direction did Jesus go?.....up?.....into heaven?.....really?
Physically?

No, Jesus did Not take his physical body to heaven.
Flesh and blood [physical] can Not inherit the kingdom [1st Cor. 15 v 50]

The kingdom is heavenly. God's heavenly kingdom is in the hands of Christ Jesus for a thousand years who rules or reigns from heaven over earth or over earthly subjects of God's heavenly kingdom.

Christ is now head or ruler of the Christian congregation.
Jesus does not have to be physical on earth to be head of his followers now.
So, Jesus will not have to be physically present to reign over earth during his 1000-year reign over earth.

[1st Cor. 15 vs 24-28; Psalm 72 v 8; Rev. 20 v 6; 5 vs 9,10]

Muffled

Jesus in me
No, Jesus did Not take his physical body to heaven.
Flesh and blood [physical] can Not inherit the kingdom [1st Cor. 15 v 50]

The kingdom is heavenly. God's heavenly kingdom is in the hands of Christ Jesus for a thousand years who rules or reigns from heaven over earth or over earthly subjects of God's heavenly kingdom.

Christ is now head or ruler of the Christian congregation.
Jesus does not have to be physical on earth to be head of his followers now.
So, Jesus will not have to be physically present to reign over earth during his 1000-year reign over earth.

[1st Cor. 15 vs 24-28; Psalm 72 v 8; Rev. 20 v 6; 5 vs 9,10]

You are so right and so wrong. Jesus did not take Himself to Heaven although I am sure He could have. He did ascend into the clouds whether by his own effort or the effort of others is not reported by the witnesses. However I believe that Jesus was lifted into a space vehicle, in which He could breathe and continue to go on living in His exalted body that would not age.

You are so right and so wrong. The Kingdom is a spiritual kingdom but that does not prevent the spirit from entering a body and being joined to the kingdom.

It is not necessary but it is prophesied. Acts 1:11 who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? this Jesus, who was received up from you into heaven shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Notice I prefaced my statement with 'I believe'. We all have a right to express our beliefs here. And I feel rather certain of that particular belief.

Yes you can believe as you wish but that will not change reality; it only means that you will be lost in your fantasies. So what I am debating is not your right to believe something but whether your belief is correct.

I don't have a problem with that if you can prove it. Anyone can say anything but until it is proven to me, I have no basis to believe it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
No, you didn't.

No one is taking away your right to believe in nonsense or speak for yourself, but do believe you have the right to speak for your god?

I wouldn't take away that right either but I would not infer that such beliefs are nonsense. It neither makes more sense or less to say that God sends people to Hell.
There are those who have a different theological background who may or may not accept another's theological background. Whether they are justified in doing so is debatable.

He has no basis for this as far as I know but I speak that which God gives me to speak.