• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why didn't Britain get a Prophet

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I think that Prophets were sent to all nations, and perhaps britain was not a separate kingdom untill hundreds (or thousands) of years after the prophetic revelations, so the anglo-saxons (white race) may very well have been a part of a place (probably under Persian/Roman rule) where the prophets had been sent, or where the message of the Prophets reached.

All Prophets had been sent to the Holy lands, you can check the encyclopedia to see its map extension.

Holy Land - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 'Holy lands' , is the area demarcation of where the most progressive nations of 'that time' were inhabited (where most of the prominent Prophets have been sent), which later expanded to inhabit britian, ireland, and the American continent.

It is said that Around over 1 lac of prophets were sent to the earth. The acceptance of the message probably depended on personal choices of The Rulers and the eminent, well aware elite of that area, where common people were left to just obey and would follow whichever beliefs were practiced by their Rulers and kings.

It has to be noted though that Islam was spread in Europe, Asia by the efforts of people who carried further that message after the Prophets, to continue their mission , rather than by the Prophets themselves.

But since, most followers of the Bible and Prophet Jesus (Hazrat Eesah pbuh) are from the white race, it is quite possible that a majority of them followed the true message of christianity, or any other divine religion at some time, before things started getting owned by the Roman church , after which several different aspects of christianity emerged world wide.

Interestingly Pope Gregory the 1st allowed people converted to Christianity in Britain to retain an outward appearance of their traditional religion,up until the death of Muhammed there is no record of a Prophet in Britain.

Starsoul

Truth
Interestingly Pope Gregory the 1st allowed people converted to Christianity in Britain to retain an outward appearance of their traditional religion,up until the death of Muhammed there is no record of a Prophet in Britain.

That is what I am saying too. The Prophets MESSAGE did reach in all directions, whether or not 'they' were able to travel to such far off distances, there was no Prophet SPECIFICALLY for Asia, America Australia and so many other regions. How do you explain the subcontinent coming into islam's influence? it was not the british who delivered that message, It was Muslim Arabs, who came by the way of trade and their honest trade dealings and mannerisms sparked an interest from the locales and that helped spreading the message, and a large majority of people accepted that message.

Was there any trade between the Arab Lands, and britain, at the time that you are referring to? Were English and the rest of the world not suddenly awakened to the significance of 'Arab's potential presence' after the discovery of oil? Maybe a Prophetic Revelation was the least of the interests of their Rulers/govts. So even if the Prophet did not reach there, Britain was surrounded by The Islamic Europe and The Islamic caliphate, later on.. Was The influence of the Prophetic message deliberately kept at bay? I wouldnt know.

Do clarify me.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
That is what I am saying too. The Prophets MESSAGE did reach in all directions, whether or not 'they' were able to travel to such far off distances, there was no Prophet SPECIFICALLY for Asia, America Australia and so many other regions. How do you explain the subcontinent coming into islam's influence? it was not the british who delivered that message, It was Muslim Arabs, who came by the way of trade and their honest trade dealings and mannerisms sparked an interest from the locales and that helped spreading the message, and a large majority of people accepted that message.

I'm afraid that message stopped at the Battle of Tours in 732 when Charles Martel Grandfather of Charlemagne defeated an invading army of Umayyad invaders.

Was there any trade between the Arab Lands, and britain, at the time that you are referring to? Were English and the rest of the world not suddenly awakened to the significance of 'Arab's potential presence' after the discovery of oil? Maybe a Prophetic Revelation was the least of the interests of their Rulers/govts. So even if the Prophet did not reach there, Britain was surrounded by The Islamic Europe and The Islamic caliphate, later on.. Was The influence of the Prophetic message deliberately kept at bay? I wouldnt know.

Do clarify me.

Britain has never been surrounded by an Islamic Europe and i think the message was kept at bay for obvious reasons and although back then Christianity was pretty bad it would have been like jumping from the frying Pan into the fire if that message had been accepted and not totally rejected.

Anyway we still haven't had a Prophet and unlikely to get one,look at David Eicke for example,he is ridiculed fo claiming to be a Prophet and i guess that would be the fate of anyone claiming to be a Prophet of a God,especially where education is readily available i think any such person would struggle.

kai

ragamuffin
That is what I am saying too. The Prophets MESSAGE did reach in all directions, whether or not 'they' were able to travel to such far off distances, there was no Prophet SPECIFICALLY for Asia, America Australia and so many other regions. How do you explain the subcontinent coming into islam's influence? it was not the british who delivered that message,
It was Muslim Arabs, who came by the way of trade and their honest trade dealings and mannerisms sparked an interest from the locales and that helped spreading the message, and a large majority of people accepted that message.

Do clarify me.

I think the Message was took by several means not least of which was vast Muslim armies. and Britain had already accepted the Christian message.