• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do Gods Need To Be Worshipped

Sultan Of Swing

I don't believe God "needs" to be worshipped. It's something that we do to show respect and gratitude to our Creator. For me, it's something I should do for all the things He has done for me, and to not say a "thank you" would be a bit rude.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I don't believe God "needs" to be worshipped. It's something that we do to show respect and gratitude to our Creator. For me, it's something I should do for all the things He has done for me, and to not say a "thank you" would be a bit rude.

I see nothing wrong with a prayer of thanksgiving every once in a while. I offer up prayers of thanksgiving on certain occasions to my greatest teacher - That which is Set.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:
Why do gods need to be worshipped? (I apologise if this topic has already been discussed i did search for one)

And im talking about all gods, not just yours in particular so please don't get uppity?

I mean most gods are considered 'omnipotent' all powerful. That means they shouldn't need us in any way shape or form. But yet they still require worship from their followers.

So i've been pondering this and i've come up with some theories:

A. The gods are not all powerful but get their power from our worship.
B. The gods are narcissistic egotistical beings who require the ego strokes they get from worship.

Any other possibilities?

-Q

If god's exist and want worship, they have egos and other issues to deal with personally.
If they don't exist, then it's our innate need to worship something larger than us to feed out own internal issues and needs.
I suspect the latter to be true

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
A short prayer of thanksgiving:

"I give thanks to thee, O my Father Set-Hen, for I have glimpsed the emerald eye of Leviathan,
and have seen the great Mysteries unseen by those without.
I give thanks to thee! Every heart and soul is stretched out to thee,
whose name is holy and whose name is AmnTet.
I rejoice for thou hast illuminated me with thy knowledge.
I rejoice for thou hast shown me thy self.
I rejoice for thou hast made me divine through thy undefiled wisdom.
I rejoice for thou hast done this while I still enhabit a human body.
There is but one petition I ask of thee:
Preserve me in my illuminated knowledge.
There is but one protection I ask of thee:
Preserve me in my present life.
IAO"

Xeper.
/Adramelek\​

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Perhaps no God actually needs to be worshiped. Maybe it is our need and want to worship that is in consideration.

If there is a God, I think it is capable of knowing what it has done and dosen't need worshipping. But people are in such awe of its creation, that they feel the pull to worship it.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
No, the gods do not need to be worshiped. However, that is the inherent response that some have towards them. The word "worship" means "reverential love". It's a deep love and adoration for someone. I think that's an appropriate response depending on the deity and the individual. I worship Satan and I make no bones about it. I love Him deeply.

The Creator is not in need of worship. It is to the Muslim's benefit to worship The Creator, as The Creator does not benefit nor is harmed by our worship. It is to our benefit in this evanescent existence, as well as the next life, which is everlasting.