• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do men and women have children by accident ?

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
To answer the title, sometimes you're drunk and the moment is right.

Have you ever been drunk? Serious question.

We Never Know

No Slack
I will never forget one time my dad told me that he had sex with my mom and accidentally had me it's hurts still knowing that.
That unfortunate you were told that.

Not that it will make you feel better but back when I was a teen a friend of mine, his dad was a mean hateful SOB and I heard him tell his son, my friend, that he wished he had pulled out, shot him on the floor and stepped on him.

There are some inconsiderate mean hateful people in this ole world.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I will never forget one time my dad told me that he had sex with my mom and accidentally had me it's hurts still knowing that.
I was born in the 1960s and from everything about me, my parents were probably rolling naked on the grass in Woodstock and not only did they accidentally had me, they actually got rid of me. Adoption alley.

So chipper up. Don't feel so bad about it.

We Never Know

No Slack
I was born in the 1960s and from everything about me, my parents were probably rolling naked on the grass in Woodstock and not only did they accidentally had me, they actually got rid of me. Adoption alley.

So chipper up. Don't feel so bad about it.
That sux. But adoption is better than abortion.
Glad you are around to participate in our little world here on RF.

Twilight Hue

That sux. But adoption is better than abortion.
Glad you are around to participate in our little world here on RF.
Yeah, my point is no matter how miserable you might feel about something , you know that there's other people in far worse positions in this life.

We Never Know

No Slack
Yeah, my point is no matter how miserable you might feel about something , you know that there's other people in far worse positions in this life.
Yep.

I remember my Mom saying to me on occasions, 'if you think you have it bad, look around and you will see others who have it worse'.

I've said that here several times, many times throughout life and will continue saying it until the day I die.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
Nothing against you. I see your point.

But something about this analogy has always irked me and I don't know why...
Well... Look at it this way...

Bob has cancer and has two weeks to live.
Bill just died of cancer.

So is Bob worse than Bill?

That depends on how one looks at it.

Bob is still alive and can spend some more time with his family while Bill's family buries him.

On the other hand some Christians may say Bill is better off because he is now with god in heaven and he no longer suffers.

I reckon its all about perspective.

Last edited:

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Well... Look at it this way...

Bob has cancer and has two weeks to live.
Bill just died of cancer.

So is Bob worse than Bill?

That depends on how one looks at it.

Bob is still alive and can spend some more time with his family while Bill's family buries him.

On the other hand some Christians may say Bill is better off because he is now with god in heaven and her no longer suffers.

I reckon its all about perspective.
Whether one is worse or not is besides the point imo, as we All have problems, and therefore the degree of which shouldn't matter as long as we all respect that.

GoodAttention

A mom can only have you, feed you, and raise you, on purpose.

That's why 100 men can say they are your father, but only one woman will call you their child.

The same goes for your father.

Twilight Hue

Nothing against you. I see your point, look on the bright side.

But something about this analogy has always irked me and I don't know why...

Edit:

It seems invalidating
It just means to appreciate the lot in your life, not that your life would necessarily be great but it could also be worse and in no way demeaning of any person who has more problems than you do.

We Never Know

No Slack

That's why 100 men can say they are your father, but only one woman will call you their child.

The same goes for your father.

Wrong!!

You are correct that only a mom can birth you but you are wrong because a man can feed you and raise you.

And before you go there, a lot of women can't breast feed. So there's that.

GoodAttention

Wrong!!

You are correct that only a mom can birth you but you are wrong because a man can feed you and raise you.

Of course a man can, my words are directed to OP, not the universe.

And before you go there, a lot of women can't breast feed. So there's that.

Only a person who didn't respect their own mother would go there.