• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do people deny or have various doubts about God?

Sonofason

Why isn't it evidence of space aliens or the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Just making a bald assertion with no evidence to back it up is ridiculous and laughable. Surely you can do better than that.

Was I talking to you?

You see, Bunyip had said, "Evidence is evidence whether you even understand it or not."

And of course that is completely absurd.

So I posited an equally absurd statement. I said, "If that is true, than existence is evidence of God. But you don't have to understand that, just believe it."

Apparently you just don't understand. Existence is only evidence that God exists. You don't have to understand the evidence, just like Bunyip said. Just believe it. It's true. I assure you, it's true.

Sorry, I've already backed it up. I said it, right? That's enough support to prove that what I said is true. Maybe one day you will understand.

Last edited:

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Was I talking to you?

It's a public forum, you're talking to everyone and anyone who wants to respond is free to do so. If you want to have a private conversation, you can do that as well.

Apparently you just don't understand. Existence is only evidence that God exists. You don't have to understand the evidence, just like Bunyip said. Just believe it. It's true. I assure you, it's true.

No, existence is nothing of the sort. Just asserting that it is doesn't make it actually so. It means no more than if I asserted that existence is evidence for the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Your level of certitude also has no bearing on whether your claim is actually true either. You have demonstrated no means of actually knowing what you claim is true, you just have faith and faith means nothing to anyone but you.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Sonofason

You say that you assure us what you say is true - after 46 pages of a thread in which you have demonstrated that you are not interested in the truth, and so your assurance means less than nothing.

Sonofason

It's a public forum, you're talking to everyone and anyone who wants to respond is free to do so. If you want to have a private conversation, you can do that as well.

No, existence is nothing of the sort. Just asserting that it is doesn't make it actually so. It means no more than if I asserted that existence is evidence for the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Your level of certitude also has no bearing on whether your claim is actually true either. You have demonstrated no means of actually knowing what you claim is true, you just have faith and faith means nothing to anyone but you.

Come on man. Existence is evidence of God. It is evidence of nothing else. Why do you not understand the evidence?

Sonofason

Sonofason

You say that you assure us what you say is true - after 46 pages of a thread in which you have demonstrated that you are not interested in the truth, and so your assurance means less than nothing.
The only think I have is truth. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you cannot understand the evidence. Existence is evidence of God. You have to admit that. If you don't admit that, it just shows your utter lack of understanding as to what evidence actually is.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
The only think I have is truth. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you cannot understand the evidence. Existence is evidence of God. You have to admit that. If you don't admit that, it just shows your utter lack of understanding as to what evidence actually is.

LOL 46 pages of you demanding evidence just so that you can insultingly dismiss it put of hand - and now you want us to swallow that? ROLFMAO

Mate you disprove yourself.

Sonofason

LOL 46 pages of you demanding evidence just so that you can insultingly dismiss it put of hand - and now you want us to swallow that? ROLFMAO

Mate you disprove yourself.
Evidence is evidence, even if it is misunderstood. That's what you said. You said it, not me. And it is clear to me that you do not understand the evidence.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Evidence is evidence, even if it is misunderstood. That's what you said. You said it, not me. And it is clear to me that you do not understand the evidence.

Why keep going on about evidence? You are not interested in evidence. And your testimony can not be given any weight at all - you are not interested in evidence.

Sonofason

Why keep going on about evidence? You are not interested in evidence. And your testimony can not be given any weight at all - you are not interested in evidence.
Apparently, you're not interested in evidence. I have been asking you for evidence, and you have failed to provide it.

And then when I submit evidence for the existence of God, you deny that it is evidence. Why do you continue to play these games. It is very dishonest, and I will not tolerate it.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
The exact quote Bunyip said:
"Evidence is evidence whether you even understand it or not."

Correct. And your claim that existence itself evidences god is not evidence, it is just an empty claim from a person who has made it clear that he has no interest in honesty.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Apparently, you're not interested in evidence. I have been asking you for evidence, and you have failed to provide it.

And then when I submit evidence for the existence of God, you deny that it is evidence. Why do you continue to play these games. It is very dishonest, and I will not tolerate it.
Yeah buddy, you covered that 46 pages ago.
What is the point of this silly game mate?

Sonofason

Correct. And your claim that existence itself evidences god is not evidence, it is just an empty claim from a person who has made it clear that he has no interest in honesty.
So far, every thing you have submitted to me under the guise of evidence has been an empty claim, and it is laughable that you are now accusing me of the same thing.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
No way. Are you?

You sure come across as a person who hates Christianity and is trying to be as insulting and insane as possible in order to discredit them. That is why i ask what it is you are trying to acheive.

If you are trying to make believers look like morons, and Christianity look like some sort of bad repetitive joke. Then I congratulate you, you are doing brilliantly.

If however you genuinely believe, I would commend you to stop digging your hole any deeper. I am atheist, but would never pretend to be a Christian and act like a fool to make them look bad - so please stop.

Sonofason

You sure come across as a person who hates Christianity and is trying to be as insulting and insane as possible in order to discredit them. That is why i ask what it is you are trying to acheive.

If you are trying to make believers look like morons, and Christianity look like some sort of bad repetitive joke. Then I congratulate you, you are doing brilliantly.

If however you genuinely believe, I would commend you to stop digging your hole any deeper.
I will admit this. You certainly have a knack for making mendacious statements about me. But that's your game, right?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I will admit this. You certainly have a knack for making mendacious statements about me. But that's your game, right?

As it happens, I am being sincere. As I said, you appear to be a troll pretending to be a Christian in order to defame Christianity.
If you are not, I would advise you to stop - what you are doing is counter productive. You are acheiving the opposite of what you are trying to acheive.
Unlike you, I have a great deal of respect for Christianity and many Christian friends - I hate to see them so catastrophically misrepresented.

JerryL

JerryL said:
Actually: I've made no claim at all regarding the flood in this thread.
Since it has become very clear that you are incapable of supporting your claim that no flood has occurred, I will expect that you will discontinue making such claims.

I am happy to see that my beliefs shall never be invalidated. Have a good day.
So your reading comprehension skills are non-existent then?