• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do We Need Leviticus?

Francine

So we can kill gay people with God's blessing?

Lev.20:[13] If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

tomspug

Absorbant
Ask the Jews. They're the ones that have to memorize it, so they most have a reason for doing so.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Well...why don't we need Leviticus? This seems like a somewhat loaded question to me. But whatever.

Leviticus gives us valuable insight into the Hebrew culture, especially where the laws of the Hebrews were concerned. It is important not only to Jews, but also to people of other religions because of the historical and cultural insight it gives into Bible history.

Carol wis

Well...why don't we need Leviticus? This seems like a somewhat loaded question to me. But whatever.

Leviticus gives us valuable insight into the Hebrew culture, especially where the laws of the Hebrews were concerned. It is important not only to Jews, but also to people of other religions because of the historical and cultural insight it gives into Bible history.

You sure are correct,Leviticus, generally speaking, the laws teach the Israelites that they should always keep themselves in a state of legal purity, or external sanctity as a signof their intinate union with the Lord. The central ideaof Leviticus, "You shall be holy, because I, the Lord, am holy.

The law's purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God. Romans 3. Also, Romans 5, the Law was given so people could see how sinful they were.