• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you believe Jesus is the Messiah?

jimb

Premium Member
Hello my friend, how have you been doing? If there is anything I can do, please let me know, all you have ti do is ask, thanks for our conversations.

I love Jesus more then I can express with words, I agree with you Jesus is my Savior and His words are my everything. :sparklingheart:
I feel the same way, Walt. I sincerely wish that more people felt as we do.

jimb

Premium Member
Where have I insulted you? You've been needlessly aggressive while refusing to offer a real rebuttal. Is this forum just trying to show people why they should avoid Christianity?
You don't remember writing this?: "Try again. If you start your response with an insult, don't expect someone to read the rest of what you have to say."

In your opinion, I have been "needlessly aggressive", while your post is needlessly aggressive. And your post fails to offer a real rebuttal. Quite hypocritical!!!

And your last sentence is so absurd, it doesn't require a rebuttal. Since you insist on formal debates, why don't you follow your own standard?

You do an excellent job of demonstrating anti-Christianity. Anyone reading your hostile, Pharisaic posts should turn to Jesus!

Why does your graphic read "curious Christian" when you clearly have just the opposite attitude?

You don't remember writing this?: "Try again. If you start your response with an insult, don't expect someone to read the rest of what you have to say."

In your opinion, I have been "needlessly aggressive", while your post is needlessly aggressive. And your post fails to offer a real rebuttal. Quite hypocritical!!!

And your last sentence is so absurd, it doesn't require a rebuttal. Since you insist on formal debates, why don't you follow your own standard?

You do an excellent job of demonstrating anti-Christianity. Anyone reading your hostile, Pharisaic posts should turn to Jesus!

Why does your graphic read "curious Christian" when you clearly have just the opposite attitude?
Me pointing out that you started your post with multiple insults is not me insulting you. Me refusing to read rest of what you said is not an insult. It's me not wanting to read more of your insults.

You're just parroting me here. I've offered rebuttals. You've come back simply saying Jesus is the Messiah, I don't care what you have to say. I haven't been aggressive, I've attempted to have a discussion. Half of what you say is just insults. That or you parrot what I say, which anyone reading this will clearly see.

But really, it's clear this conversation is a waste of time. You have nothing but insults, and a condescending tone, while being unable to actually make a clear argument as to why Jesus is the Messiah even though he failed, as I pointed out. As you have no rebuttal, there is no reason to continue. So I wish you a great night, and maybe one day, if you drop the anger, we may be able to have a real conversation.

jimb

Premium Member
Me pointing out that you started your post with multiple insults is not me insulting you. Me refusing to read rest of what you said is not an insult. It's me not wanting to read more of your insults.

You're just parroting me here. I've offered rebuttals. You've come back simply saying Jesus is the Messiah, I don't care what you have to say. I haven't been aggressive, I've attempted to have a discussion. Half of what you say is just insults. That or you parrot what I say, which anyone reading this will clearly see.

But really, it's clear this conversation is a waste of time. You have nothing but insults, and a condescending tone, while being unable to actually make a clear argument as to why Jesus is the Messiah even though he failed, as I pointed out. As you have no rebuttal, there is no reason to continue. So I wish you a great night, and maybe one day, if you drop the anger, we may be able to have a real conversation.
Your entire post is an insult! You are clearly a hypocrite!

If this conversation is a waste of your time, why are you here?

Finally, Jesus is the Messiah. And He did not fail; He succeeded. Whether or not you agree is irrelevant.

It's too bad that you're not continuing. If you remain, you might just learn something.

Your entire post is an insult! You are clearly a hypocrite!

If this conversation is a waste of your time, why are you here?

Finally, Jesus is the Messiah. And He did not fail; He succeeded. Whether or not you agree is irrelevant.

It's too bad that you're not continuing. If you remain, you might just learn something.
If you want me to learn something, demonstrate how Jesus was in fact the Jewish Messiah, even though he did not fulfill the major prophecy of freeing the Jewish people from subjugation. Even though he didn't usher in the Kingdom of God that was to replace the Kingdom of Earth. If you think I can learn something, simply answer those questions.

jimb

Premium Member
If you want me to learn something, demonstrate how Jesus was in fact the Jewish Messiah, even though he did not fulfill the major prophecy of freeing the Jewish people from subjugation. Even though he didn't usher in the Kingdom of God that was to replace the Kingdom of Earth. If you think I can learn something, simply answer those questions.
Read Romans 9!

Jesus came for everyone, Jews and Gentiles. He is the Messiah for all people.

Ephesians 2:14-16, "For he is our peace, the one who made both groups [Jews and Gentiles] into one and who destroyed the middle wall of partition, the hostility, when he nullified in his flesh the law of commandments in decrees. He did this to create in himself one new man out of two, thus making peace, and to reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by which the hostility has been killed.

Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus."

Read Romans 9!

Jesus came for everyone, Jews and Gentiles. He is the Messiah for all people.

Ephesians 2:14-16, "For he is our peace, the one who made both groups [Jews and Gentiles] into one and who destroyed the middle wall of partition, the hostility, when he nullified in his flesh the law of commandments in decrees. He did this to create in himself one new man out of two, thus making peace, and to reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by which the hostility has been killed.

Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus."
You didn't answer my questions. The verses you cited don't make an argument for why Jesus is the Messiah, even though he didn't fulfill the Messianic prophecy. It should be a simple question. If you can't answer it, I have no reason to assume that what you're saying is true..

jimb

Premium Member
You didn't answer my questions. The verses you cited don't make an argument for why Jesus is the Messiah, even though he didn't fulfill the Messianic prophecy. It should be a simple question. If you can't answer it, I have no reason to assume that what you're saying is true..
a) I don't have to answer your questions! And if I decide to answer them, I will answer as I see fit.

b) I really don't care about your misinterpretation of "the Messianic prophecy". I have explained to you many times why I believe Jesus is the Messiah of all people. If you can't accept it then you can't.

c) Obviously you can't accept what I say as true, to your loss.

a) I don't have to answer your questions! And if I decide to answer them, I will answer as I see fit.

b) I really don't care about your misinterpretation of "the Messianic prophecy". I have explained to you many times why I believe Jesus is the Messiah of all people. If you can't accept it then you can't.

c) Obviously you can't accept what I say as true, to your loss.
So, in other words, me continuing this will never lead to me learning anything as you have no argument for your case. You have no argument as to why Jesus is the Jewish Messiah even though he never fulfills the one prophecy that mattered. And somehow that's my fault?

Let's just be real here. You have no real arguments, but you want people to believe what you say because you're faith is somehow the right faith. You claim to be the real type of Christian, yet you're incredibly judgemental, condescending, and hypocritical. Because instead of following what Jesus said, like don't judge others, and love your neighbor, that only applies if they believe your truth that you can't actually defend.

Now, luckily I don't confuse what Christianity can be based on the type of Christian you are. Because if I did, I'd no longer be a Christain because I have no interest in the anger and hypocrisy. Luckily there are Christians out there that practice a loving message and are actually intellectually honest. And I know, none of this will phase you and you'll probably just parrot it back to me. But seriously, you're the type of person that drives people away from Jesus. Maybe one day you will stop and just listen to your self-righteous ranting. Or maybe you'll just continue down the path you are.

Either way, I'm done. Have the last word. Let it known how much better you think you are. Because unless you can for once actually offer a real rebuttal or answer some very simple questions, it's clear you have nothing to teach but intolerance.

jimb

Premium Member
So, in other words, me continuing this will never lead to me learning anything as you have no argument for your case. You have no argument as to why Jesus is the Jewish Messiah even though he never fulfills the one prophecy that mattered. And somehow that's my fault?

Let's just be real here. You have no real arguments, but you want people to believe what you say because you're faith is somehow the right faith. You claim to be the real type of Christian, yet you're incredibly judgemental, condescending, and hypocritical. Because instead of following what Jesus said, like don't judge others, and love your neighbor, that only applies if they believe your truth that you can't actually defend.

Now, luckily I don't confuse what Christianity can be based on the type of Christian you are. Because if I did, I'd no longer be a Christain because I have no interest in the anger and hypocrisy. Luckily there are Christians out there that practice a loving message and are actually intellectually honest. And I know, none of this will phase you and you'll probably just parrot it back to me. But seriously, you're the type of person that drives people away from Jesus. Maybe one day you will stop and just listen to your self-righteous ranting. Or maybe you'll just continue down the path you are.

Either way, I'm done. Have the last word. Let it known how much better you think you are. Because unless you can for once actually offer a real rebuttal or answer some very simple questions, it's clear you have nothing to teach but intolerance.
Your not understanding my arguments doesn't invalidate them. It simply means that you can't understand them.

If you had even a basic understanding the the Messiah and His ways, you wouldn't write "Because instead of following what Jesus said, like don't judge others, and love your neighbor, that only applies if they believe your truth that you can't actually defend." Why don't you have a look at the way that Jesus dealt with the argumentative Pharisees? They couldn't defend their "truths" and neither can you.

I have no interest in your judging me. I have read enough of your posts to understand who you really are. Here is what Matthew wrote about judging:

“Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For by the standard you judge you will be judged, and the measure you use will be the measure you receive. Why do you see the speck in your brother’s eye, but fail to see the beam of wood in your own? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye,’ while there is a beam in your own? You hypocrite! First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." Matthew 7:1-5

And you claim that I teach intolerance? LOL! :sweatsmile:

P.S. If you want people to think that you're a scholar, change the spelling of your "handle", @amatuerscholar :tonguewink:

Elihoenai

What reasons do you have to believe that Jesus is the Messiah?
Isaiah 59:2

2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Hebrews 9:17

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

One/Union With Elohim/God! Yeshua/Jesus is the One/Union With Elohim/God. Yeshua/Jesus Asserted many times I and the Father are One. Yeshua/Jesus is the Only Way to Empty Yourself of Sin to Realise the Father.

jimb

Premium Member
The OP is about -> believing <- that Jesus is the Messiah. I don't believe that Jesus is the Messiah; I know that Jesus is the Messiah.

A better question is "why don't you believe that Jesus is the Messiah?

GoodAttention

The OP is about -> believing <- that Jesus is the Messiah. I don't believe that Jesus is the Messiah; I know that Jesus is the Messiah.

A better question is "why don't you believe that Jesus is the Messiah?

I trust the Jews more than I do the Greeks, Romans, Spanish, and English, in that order, when it comes to who should answer that question.