• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHY do you believe?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Is there any REAL evidence to what you believe?
Yeah, there is. Therefore, I do not believe for which there is no evidence at all. That is - God, soul, heaven, hell, reincarnation, karma bring brought forward from previous lives or carried to subsequent lives, judgment, deliverance, everlasting life.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Even the most annoying skeptic can't deny the existence of Sun, Moon, Earth, and so on. Well, they could, but that would be a level of bizarre that I would kind of worry about their wellness.
;) I deny. @mikkel_the_dane also will deny it. These are only illusions that our minds create. Nothing bizarre in this. We see a finger, prick it and a drop of blood comes out. But there is no finger, no blood. It is a collection of atoms, a play of 'physical energy'.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I believe in cosmic purposes to existence and a purely intelligent fundamental eternal foundational reality. Plus life has purpose, function and dimensionality that cannot be explained physically. Humans have qualities and characteristics that have no physical referent.
You are giving conditions to the unconditioned.
We give life the purpose. We must do this, we must not do this.
True. These arise because of our up-bringing, education, religious views, individual experiences; in Hinduism, we term that as 'Samskaras'.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Taught by parents?

Although my parents raised me together, I ultimately did not come to believe exactly what they believe. Our values, on the other hand, are not very different.

Taught by friends?

I can’t say that I learned my beliefs from friends.

Is there any REAL evidence to what you believe?

Unlike @Aupmanyav, I believe that there are divinities, souls, supernal worlds, infernal worlds, reincarnation, and that our karmas from previous lives affect our current and future lives. Further, I believe that there is liberation from the cycle of life, death, and rebirth. While there is no indisputable evidence for my beliefs, I find that my worldview wonderfully makes sense to me of life, the world, and everything.